- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Updated: Apr-29-16 7:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum said he's "running on adrenaline" as he prepares for Game 6 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat following the birth of his son early Friday.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- NBA says Wade wasn't fouled in final seconds of Game 5 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade does not read the NBA's reviews of officiating in the last 2 minutes of close games, which might be a wise move in this particular case.
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
- Sioux Falls Skyforce win NBA Development League championship Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Skyforce is the champion of the NBA Development League.
- Hornets stun Heat with 90-88 win, take 3-2 series lead Updated: Apr-27-16 11:26 pm
MIAMI - Courtney Lee was steaming after missing a layup that would have given Charlotte the lead heading into the final minute.
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Updated: Apr-27-16 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - New Washington Wizards coach Scott Brooks was surprised it took so long to get the question. Almost 15 minutes into his introductory news conference he was asked, "Let's get this out of the way: Are you going to bring Kevin Durant here?"
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-27-16 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says that all signs point toward Isaiah Thomas being able to play in Game 6 against the Hawks.
- Cavaliers making most of long break between playoff rounds Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Kyrie Irving's freakish knee injury in the NBA Finals last year taught him a valuable lesson about what it takes to get through a postseason.
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Talk about a stunning turnaround.
- Jordan reiterates Hornets opposed to discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 10:37 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Michael Jordan reiterated that the Charlotte Hornets are opposed to House Bill 2, which was recently passed in North Carolina and could prevent the NBA All-Star Game from coming to Charlotte.
- Whiteside will start Game 4 against Hornets; Batum out Updated: Apr-25-16 6:23 pm
- Chris Bosh makes trip to Charlotte to support Heat teammates Updated: Apr-23-16 4:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade asked Chris Bosh to send him text messages during the Miami Heat's playoff trip to Charlotte, hoping his fellow All-Star would offer feedback on what he was seeing back home on television.
- Celtic's Smart fined $5,000 for flop in Game 3 vs Hawks Updated: Apr-23-16 3:29 pm
- Celtics' Olynyk out, Hawks' Schroder may play in Game 3 Updated: Apr-22-16 7:06 pm
BOSTON - Celtics center Kelly Olynyk will miss his second straight game with a sore right shoulder, while the Hawks remained hopeful that backup point guard Dennis Schroder would available for the Game 3 after spraining his left ankle.
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Updated: Apr-22-16 1:38 pm
DALLAS - Kevin Durant says he's happy new Washington coach Scott Brooks is back in the NBA a year after being let go by Oklahoma City.
- Schroder still questionable for Hawks with ankle injury Updated: Apr-21-16 2:39 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks guard Dennis Schroder did not practice Thursday because of an injured left ankle and remains questionable for Game 3 of the playoffs against the Boston Celtics.
- Stevens: Celtics' Bradley out for next 2 games vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-20-16 5:54 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Wednesday that starting guard Avery Bradley is out for Boston's next two playoff games against the Hawks with a right hamstring injury and "very unlikely" to return for the remainder of the first-round series.
- Celtics score 7 in 1st quarter, lowest in shot-clock era Updated: Apr-19-16 8:37 pm
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Updated: Apr-17-16 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - Kenny Atkinson has become one of the NBA's most respected assistant coaches, helping the Atlanta Hawks to their best season ever.
- Celtics' Bradley (hamstring) likely out for opening round Updated: Apr-17-16 5:01 pm
- Tim Hardaway Jr suits up for Hawks in Game 1 Updated: Apr-16-16 7:19 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks guard Tim Hardaway Jr. is active for Game 1 of Atlanta's playoff series against the Boston Celtics.
- Warriors' dominance: a 2nd straight title inevitable? Updated: Apr-16-16 3:13 am
The Golden State Warriors plow into the playoffs with a record 73 wins under their belt and championship rings already on their fingers.
- Hornets C Jefferson accepting, embracing new role as backup Updated: Apr-16-16 2:39 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Al Jefferson was the focal point of the Charlotte Hornets' offense when they faced the Miami Heat in the playoffs two years ago.