- With Wall out, Hawks beat Wizards 106-90 to even series 1-1 Updated: May-05-15 11:51 pm
- Wizards G John Wall out for Game 2 vs Hawks with hand injury Updated: May-05-15 8:39 pm
- Hawks beat Nets 111-87 to wrap up series in Game 6 Updated: May-01-15 11:51 pm
NEW YORK - Being tied after four games of the first round brought out the best in the Atlanta Hawks.
- Magic extend general manager Rob Hennigan for 2 more years Updated: Apr-30-15 12:57 pm
- Horford, Teague help Hawks hold off Nets 107-97 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-29-15 11:21 pm
ATLANTA - Al Horford banged his dislocated finger and spent much of the game fiddling with it. Jeff Teague twisted his right ankle and hobbled to the locker room for a quick tape job.
- Hawks' Kyle Korver wins NBA Sportsmanship Award Updated: Apr-29-15 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Atlanta's Kyle Korver has won the NBA Sportsmanship Award and will receive the Joe Dumars Trophy before the Hawks host Brooklyn in Game 5 of their playoff series.
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - Unburdened by the catastrophes of past Game 7s littering the Washington Capitals' playoff history, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov delivered a breathtaking, series-clinching goal that got Alex Ovechkin's seal of approval.
- After Wizards get sweep, Pierce takes jabs at Raptors, Drake Updated: Apr-27-15 2:38 am
- Wall, Beal lead Wiz past Raptors 125-94 in Game 4 for sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 pm
WASHINGTON - John Wall twirled a red towel overhead, Paul Pierce motioned to the fans to make more noise, and the sellout crowd of 20,356 chanted "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!"
- 'Junkyard Dog' Carroll finally makes his mark with the Hawks Updated: Apr-24-15 7:27 pm
ATLANTA - When DeMarre Carroll is having one of those nights where the shots just won't fall, like Game 2 of the playoffs, he doesn't get down on himself.
- Hawks reach agreement to sell NBA team for $850 million Updated: Apr-23-15 3:26 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are taking care of business during the NBA playoffs - on and off the court.
- Hornets' Zeller rehabbing 3 months after shoulder surgery Updated: Apr-22-15 6:39 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Hornets announced that forward Cody Zeller will be rehabbing the next three months after undergoing successful surgery to repair a tendon in his right shoulder.
- Even without playoffs, Heat see business success Updated: Apr-22-15 4:47 pm
MIAMI - On the court, the Miami Heat season was disappointing.
- Wall has 26 points, 17 assists, Wizards rout Raptors 117-106 Updated: Apr-22-15 12:51 am
TORONTO - The Washington Wizards are winning big at both talking and playing.
- Atlanta's Mike Budenholzer voted NBA coach of the year Updated: Apr-21-15 7:30 pm
ATLANTA - Mike Budenholzer was right where he didn't want to be: the center of attention.
- Brooklyn says Teletovic 'probable' for Game 2 vs Hawks Updated: Apr-21-15 6:38 pm
- AP Interview: Wade's summer will be spent thinking ahead Updated: Apr-21-15 4:22 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade is thinking about retirement.
- LeBron James in social media shutdown mode during playoffs Updated: Apr-21-15 1:47 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - No phone. No Twitter. No Instagram.
- Hawks C Horford now says he's definitely playing Game 2 Updated: Apr-21-15 1:06 pm
- Hawks hurting as they prepare for Game 2 against Nets Updated: Apr-20-15 5:08 pm
ATLANTA - Al Horford was able to return to the court after dislocating his right pinky finger in the first game of the playoffs.
- Riley: No excuses will come from Heat for this season Updated: Apr-20-15 5:05 pm
MIAMI - Pat Riley finds himself leaning his head to the left quite a bit these days. There's an irritated nerve in his neck, and it's far from comfortable.
- Raptors GM uses expletive before playoff opener with Wizards Updated: Apr-18-15 3:54 pm
TORONTO - Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri used an expletive Saturday talking about Washington forward Paul Pierce when addressing fans before the Raptors playoff opener.
- Column: Hawks, Warriors have plenty of playoff doubters Updated: Apr-17-15 6:39 pm
ATLANTA - They won 60 games, which is the accepted NBA standard of greatness. They blew away everyone else in the Eastern Conference - including you, LeBron James.
- Hawks F Sefolosha undergoes surgery for injured right leg Updated: Apr-17-15 6:10 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks forward Thabo Sefolosha is recovering from surgery on his right leg, which he says was injured during his arrest by New York police last week.
- 76ers ready to move on following 2nd dismal season Updated: Apr-17-15 4:11 pm