- Hornets have big expectations for G Nicolas Batum Updated: Oct-02-15 2:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Coach Steve Clifford is intrigued with what he's seen in training camp from guard Nicolas Batum and expects the seven-year NBA veteran to play a major role with the Charlotte Hornets this season.
- Atlanta Hawks to unveil new court design to fans Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks basketball team has invited fans to see its new court surface during an open practice session this weekend.
- Wizards will play up-tempo game with small and big lineups Updated: Oct-01-15 4:39 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - Washington Wizards coach Randy Wittman doesn't like to use the term "small ball" to define his team's style of offense.
- Hawks hope getting bigger will address most glaring weakness Updated: Sep-30-15 3:19 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Even while emerging as one of the NBA's best teams, the Atlanta Hawks had a very glaring weakness.
- Sefolosha returns to Hawks, hoping to move on after arrest Updated: Sep-29-15 7:33 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Thabo Sefolosha stood along the baseline, a basketball under his right arm as he watched a drill on the first day of training camp for the Atlanta Hawks.
- Bosh and McRoberts back on floor as Heat open training camp Updated: Sep-29-15 2:55 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - Chris Bosh was the final Miami Heat player to leave the court after practice Tuesday.
- Lucas looking to make a new picture-perfect memory with Heat Updated: Sep-29-15 2:49 am
MIAMI - John Lucas is trying to make the Miami Heat roster.
- Wizards G John Wall ready to put playoff loss behind him Updated: Sep-28-15 9:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Wizards guard John Wall is finally ready to stop thinking about how last season ended.
- Hawks hope to improve on trip to Eastern Conference final Updated: Sep-28-15 6:17 pm
ATLANTA - Coming off a 60-win season and breaking out new uniforms adorned with a garish, lime-green trim, the Atlanta Hawks are suddenly a team that's impossible to ignore.
- Heat are thinking big, and Dwyane Wade understands why Updated: Sep-28-15 3:15 pm
MIAMI - Even after not making the playoffs last season, the Miami Heat aren't shy about entering this year talking about having championship aspirations.
- Magic to be 1st NBA team to use VenueNext fan experience app Updated: Sep-28-15 12:20 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic have signed on to become the first NBA team to use a new all-inclusive mobile application aimed at enhancing the experience of its fans.
- Dragic more settled now, as Heat prepare to open camp Updated: Sep-27-15 5:07 pm
MIAMI - Goran Dragic is still house-hunting in Miami. Other than that, everything is exactly the way the Miami Heat point guard wants.
- NBA's global reach to be displayed again in preseason Updated: Sep-25-15 4:50 pm
MIAMI - In less than six months, Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens will be on the sideline in six different countries.
- Hornets' Jefferson drops 25 pounds, feels like new man Updated: Sep-25-15 4:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte Hornets center Al Jefferson dropped 25 pounds over the summer hoping to take pressure off his knees and ankles and extend his NBA career.
- Magic enter training camp hoping to build defensive identity Updated: Sep-25-15 4:22 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic want to establish a new identity this season.
- Craig named head coach of Sioux Falls Skyforce Updated: Sep-25-15 12:18 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The NBA Development League's Sioux Falls Skyforce has named its new head coach.
- Bosh says he's off blood-thinners, cleared for Heat camp Updated: Sep-24-15 5:49 pm
MIAMI - Chris Bosh put on a few pounds this summer, in a good way and for a good reason.
- Magic add 4 free agents in advance of training camp Updated: Sep-24-15 5:49 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic have signed four free agents to fill out their training camp roster.
- Jason Richardson retires a month after signing with Hawks Updated: Sep-24-15 9:02 am
ATLANTA - Jason Richardson is retiring after a 13-year NBA career in which he averaged more than 23 points a game for Golden State 10 years ago.
- Spoelstra offers no excuses for Heat struggles last season Updated: Sep-23-15 5:48 pm
MIAMI - Erik Spoelstra got to take plenty of trips during the offseason, met with coaches from other sports to discuss philosophies, even had the time to surprise his mom by showing up for Mother's Day.
- Heat to hold training camp at Florida Atlantic Updated: Sep-22-15 6:06 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Heat are taking training camp on the road.
- Kander comes to Minnesota to work magic with Wolves Updated: Sep-18-15 4:08 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Arnie Kander was retired. The well-respected physical therapist and strength coach had called it a career and was assimilating to his first summer out of the NBA in nearly a quarter century.
- Wade goes into Hall of Champions, looking ahead to season Updated: Sep-16-15 8:31 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade is already thinking big about the Miami Heat's fast-approaching season.
- Hawks to hold training camp at University of Georgia Updated: Sep-15-15 7:34 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will hold training camp at the University of Georgia for the third year in a row.
- Hornets' Lin says security didn't believe he was NBA player Updated: Sep-12-15 5:46 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - New Hornets guard Jeremy Lin says he had trouble convincing a security guard that he's an NBA player when he showed up at the team's Charlotte arena.