- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- Hawks' season crashes with sweep by Cavaliers Updated: May-27-15 12:31 am
CLEVELAND - A season unlike any other for Atlanta ended suddenly, stunningly, painfully.
- Hawks guard Kyle Korver to have surgery on ankle Updated: May-26-15 7:31 pm
- WNBA's Mystics, Lynx participate in analytic scrimmage Updated: May-26-15 6:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Ted Leonsis has turned to analytics in his search for ways to broaden the appeal of the WNBA.
- Hawks cry foul over Horford's ejection from Game 3 Updated: May-25-15 1:54 am
CLEVELAND - Al Horford threw an elbow at Matthew Dellavedova during the game.
- Hawks' Kyle Korver out for the playoffs with sprained ankle Updated: May-23-15 4:32 pm
ATLANTA - Already facing a daunting task after losing the first two games at home in the Eastern Conference final, the Atlanta Hawks were dealt another major blow Saturday when 3-point specialist Kyle Korver was ruled out for the rest of the playoffs because of a severely sprained right ankle.
- James leads Cavs to 94-82 win over Hawks, 2-0 series lead Updated: May-23-15 12:23 am
ATLANTA - Forget the Big Three.
- Hawks lose Korver to right ankle sprain against Cavs Updated: May-22-15 10:43 pm
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll starts vs. Cavaliers in Game 2 Updated: May-22-15 8:26 pm
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Hawks' Carroll avoids serious injury, listed as questionable Updated: May-21-15 7:41 pm
ATLANTA - An MRI on DeMarre Carroll's left knee showed no structural damage, and he hopes to play for Atlanta in Friday night's Game 2 against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals, Carroll's agent said Thursday.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Cavs' Irving has "light" workout before Game 1 Updated: May-19-15 2:58 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers All-Star guard Kyrie Irving had a "light, but good" practice a day before Cleveland opens the Eastern Conference finals in Atlanta.
- Hawks' 2-headed point guard a big key to playoff success Updated: May-18-15 7:08 pm
ATLANTA - Jeff Teague leads the Atlanta offense.
- John Wall's Wizards wind up in same place, see differences Updated: May-18-15 5:13 pm
- Wizards PG John Wall says his left hand won't need surgery Updated: May-18-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Wizards All-Star point guard John Wall says he does not need surgery for the fractures in his left hand and wrist that kept him out of three playoff games.
- Party time: Hawks' streak, LeBron has Atlanta fans buzzing Updated: May-18-15 2:23 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta fans love a big winner, and they love big stars.
- Cavs' Irving sits out practice, status for Game 1 uncertain Updated: May-16-15 10:35 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James should have had a stethoscope hanging around his neck as he reeled off the latest medical updates on him and his teammates.
- Pierce's shot too late, Hawks hold on to beat Wizards 94-91 Updated: May-15-15 11:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Kyle Korver was the Atlanta Hawks' closest defender as Paul Pierce shimmied to his left and launched a 3-point try, hoping to extend the Washington Wizards' season by forcing overtime in Game 6 of the teams' second-round series.
- Top-seeded Warriors, Hawks try to close out series, advance Updated: May-14-15 5:57 pm
- Wizards' John Wall plays well returning from hand injury Updated: May-14-15 12:49 am
ATLANTA - John Wall hardly played like a guy who fractured several bones in his left hand 10 days earlier.
- Horford's late follow gives Hawks 82-81 win over Wizards Updated: May-14-15 12:07 am
ATLANTA - With their magical season on the brink, the Atlanta Hawks needed someone to come up big.
- Wizards guard Wall sits out 3rd straight game against Hawks Updated: May-11-15 6:03 pm
- Millsap out of Hawks' starting lineup for Game 3 against Wiz Updated: May-09-15 5:08 pm