- Kansas high court: School funding unconstitutional Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Lawyer suing Kansas sees schools ruling as victory Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 pm
- Kansas court to issue school finance ruling Updated: Mar-06-14 5:08 pm
- Advocates fight to block Kansas death penalty bill Updated: Mar-05-14 5:59 pm
- Kan. Supreme Court overturns Lawrence conviction Updated: Feb-14-14 1:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas must spend more money on its public schools, the state Supreme Court ruled Friday in a decision that could jeopardize Republican Gov. Sam Brownback's desire to make his state a tax-cutting template for the nation.
TOPEKA, Kansas - An attorney for Kansas parents and school districts suing the state over education funding says the state Supreme Court's ruling in the case is a victory for children.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Months of speculation and anxiety over the fate of the funding of Kansas public schools will become clearer Friday when the state Supreme Court issues a ruling in case that has dragged on for nearly four years.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas death penalty opponents said Wednesday a bill that would shorten the appeals process amounts to a "leaky Band-Aid" on a broken system.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A former Lawrence man will get a new trial in the 2004 death of his wife.