- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- A-Rod looks like old self in return in Yankees loss at Texas Updated: Apr-28-16 12:44 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez resembled his old self in his return to New York Yankees lineup.
- Rangers beat Yankees 3-2 despite A-Rod's 100th HR in stadium Updated: Apr-28-16 12:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus had the game-winning RBI triple for the Texas Rangers on a night when their shortstop from more than a decade ago hit his 100th homer in the stadium.
- Texas struggling offensively, avoid no-hitter in 3-1 loss Updated: Apr-26-16 12:29 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The hits just aren't coming for the Texas Rangers, who for a while Monday looked like they might not get any at all.
- A-Rod not in Yankees lineup but feels good after early exit Updated: Apr-25-16 6:52 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez says he feels good a day after coming out of a game because of stiffness in his left side.
- Souza homers twice on birthday, Rays rout Yankees 8-1 Updated: Apr-24-16 6:58 pm
NEW YORK - Steven Souza Jr. celebrated his 27th birthday in style. Drew Smyly was the guy getting all the gifts.
- Yankees say 18-year-old minor leaguer killed in car crash Updated: Apr-24-16 2:22 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees say Sandy Acevedo, an infielder in their minor league system who was set to begin his professional career this season, has been killed in a car crash. He was 18.
- Yanks RHP Pinder has partial elbow tear; Hicks sent for MRI Updated: Apr-23-16 1:42 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees reliever Branden Pinder has a partial ligament tear in his right elbow and must decide whether to have Tommy John surgery.
- Rays set to promote top prospect Snell to pitch vs Yankees Updated: Apr-23-16 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Blake Snell woke up Friday morning at the team hotel in Virginia, ate breakfast and began to focus on pitching several hours later for Triple-A Durham.
- How to watch baseball online in 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - It's a little easier to watch baseball online this year, though no one would call it safe at home quite yet.
- Davis, Crisp homer to back Hill as A's beat Yankees 7-3 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:11 am
NEW YORK - Playing on the road is really starting to suit manager Bob Melvin and the Oakland Athletics.
- Manfred: What's good for 'Goose,' not good for today's game Updated: Apr-21-16 5:01 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says this generation of players will determine its own unwritten rules on what emotion is acceptable to show on the field.
- Miller, Betances form Bronx Strikeout Machine before Chapman Updated: Apr-21-16 9:36 am
NEW YORK - Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller send batter after batter muttering on the way back to the dugout.
- Gardner scratched from Yankees' lineup with stiff neck Updated: Apr-20-16 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Brett Gardner has been scratched from the New York Yankees' lineup against Oakland with a stiff neck.
- Ellsbury sits vs lefty after string of defensive mistakes Updated: Apr-19-16 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury was out of the Yankees' starting lineup against Oakland on Tuesday night after four defensive mistakes during the first two weeks of the season and with New York facing left-hander Eric Surkamp.
- A-Rod, Yanks stop skids; Tanaka tops Iwakuma and M's, 4-3 Updated: Apr-17-16 5:44 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez took an immediate liking to his new spot lower in the batting order.
- A-Rod homers after lineup shuffle to end 0-for-19 skid Updated: Apr-17-16 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez homered on the first pitch he saw Sunday, ending his hitless skid immediately after he was dropped three spots to sixth in the New York Yankees' batting order.
- Donaldson, Tulowitzki homer as Blue Jays beat Yankees 4-2 Updated: Apr-14-16 10:49 pm
TORONTO - Marcus Stroman's heavy sinker and Josh Donaldson's big bat helped the Toronto Blue Jays beat a division rival for their first series victory of the season.
- Injured catcher Brian McCann back in Yankees lineup Updated: Apr-14-16 5:59 pm
TORONTO - Yankees catcher Brian McCann is back in the starting lineup for Thursday night's series finale against the Blue Jays, two days after leaving a game because of a bruised left big toe.
- Zimmermann stays sharp, Tigers top Pirates 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordan Zimmermann is making $110 million look like a wise investment. Maybe even a bit of a bargain.
- Swisher signs minor league deal with Yankees Updated: Apr-13-16 6:51 pm
TORONTO - Nick Swisher has signed a minor league contract with the New York Yankees and is expected to join Triple-A Scranton on Thursday.
- Chapman throws 98 mph in 1st extended spring training game Updated: Apr-13-16 6:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman has worked a perfect inning in his first extended spring training game.
- Yankees reliever Nick Rumbelow needs Tommy John surgery Updated: Apr-12-16 6:19 pm
TORONTO - Yankees reliever Nick Rumbelow has a torn elbow ligament and needs Tommy John surgery that will sideline him until next year.
- Yanks to extend spring lease through 2046 in $40M renovation Updated: Apr-11-16 5:17 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees have agreed to extend the lease for their spring training home at Steinbrenner Field through 2046 as part of an agreement that calls for a renovation expected to cost more than $40 million.
- Yankees at Tigers postponed by rain Updated: Apr-10-16 4:43 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers' game against the New York Yankees on Sunday night has been postponed because of rain.