- Yankees minor leaguer suspended for drug violation Updated: Dec-04-13 7:51 pm
- Ellsbury to Yankees, Pierzynski to Red Sox Updated: Dec-04-13 3:39 am
- AP Source: Yanks, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal Updated: Dec-03-13 9:58 pm
- McCann, Yankees complete $85M, 5-year contract Updated: Dec-03-13 1:42 pm
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees Updated: Dec-03-13 12:56 am
- IF Brendan Ryan, Yankees agree to $5M, 2-year deal Updated: Dec-02-13 7:29 pm
- AP source: Twins, Phil Hughes agree to 3-year deal Updated: Dec-01-13 1:48 pm
- Former Yankees player signs with Japanese team Updated: Nov-27-13 8:00 am
- AP source: Cano's agents, Yankees meet Updated: Nov-26-13 11:23 pm
- Winter deals show the advantage of building from within Updated: Nov-26-13 12:18 pm
- Steinbrenner concerned about Jeter's recovery Updated: Nov-12-13 11:26 pm
- Cashman: Yankees could lose Cano Updated: Nov-12-13 7:36 pm
- The day before JFK's assassination Updated: Nov-11-13 1:49 pm
- Free Agents Predictions Updated: Nov-09-13 1:20 pm
- Baseball focus turns to trades, free agents, A-Rod Updated: Nov-09-13 1:15 pm
- Yankees bring back entire coaching staff Updated: Nov-08-13 2:06 pm
- Girardi: Yanks must soon plan for A-Rod absence Updated: Nov-07-13 1:27 pm
- Jeter deal leaves Yanks about $80M before tax Updated: Nov-05-13 7:27 pm
- Red Sox, Yankees trios receive qualifying offers Updated: Nov-05-13 10:14 am
NEW YORK - New York Yankees catcher Ryan Baker has been suspended 50 games for refusing to take an offseason drug test in violation of baseball's minor league drug program.
NEW YORK - A person familiar with the negotiations says the New York Yankees were working toward an agreement with outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million.
NEW YORK - All-Star catcher Brian McCann completed his $85 million, five-year contract with the York Yankees on Tuesday in what the team called a "significant improvement to a key position."
NEW YORK - Infielder Brendan Ryan has agreed to a $5 million, two-year contract to remain with the New York Yankees in a deal that includes team and player options for 2016.
MINNEAPOLIS - Phil Hughes probably needed to leave hitter-friendly Yankee Stadium, and the Minnesota Twins were desperate for proven arms to strengthen a woeful rotation. The two parties have come together, hoping to help each other out.
CHIBA, Japan - The Lotte Marines of Japan's Pacific League say they have signed former New York Yankees utility infielder Luis Cruz to a one-year contract worth $750,000.
NEW YORK - Representatives for free-agent second baseman Robinson Cano met Tuesday with the New York Yankees, and the gap between the sides remains wide, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
Though the amount of money being thrown around baseball continues to astonish, there probably won't be a more eye-popping contract handed out this offseason than the four-year, $53 million deal the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
ORLANDO, Florida - Hal Steinbrenner is concerned about Derek Jeter's recovery from a broken ankle but is confident the New York Yankees captain will return to his form prior to the injury 13 months ago.
ORLANDO, Florida - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman concedes that they could be out-bid for free agent second baseman Robinson Cano.
Many people still remember where they were the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated - Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 - but what about the day before? What was life like for Americans on that Thursday, just before so much changed for the nation and the world?
NEW YORK - Predictions by AP baseball writers on the contracts 10 high-profile free agents will receive:
NEW YORK - Baseball's business season figures to be a little different this autumn and winter.
NEW YORK - The Yankees are bringing back their entire coaching staff next season under manager Joe Girardi.
NEW YORK - The Yankees will make alternative plans for third base if Alex Rodriguez's grievance hearing isn't decided soon.
NEW YORK - Derek Jeter's new contract has increased the Yankees' luxury tax payroll to $97.71 million for seven signed players next year. That leaves New York with about $80 million to spend on the rest of its roster if the team wants to get under the 2014 tax threshold.
NEW YORK - The World Series champion Boston Red Sox made $14.1 million qualifying offers to free agents Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew on Monday, the first deadline day of baseball's offseason.