- Manfred says Yanks have grounds to not pay A-Rod bonus Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he thinks the New York Yankees have grounds not to pay Alex Rodriguez a $6 million marketing bonus for tying Willie Mays for fourth place on the career home run list.
- A-Rod's strikeout ends Yankees' 3-2 loss to Nationals Updated: May-20-15 11:51 pm
WASHINGTON - As he watched the last, 95 mph pitch land in the catcher's mitt, and heard the plate umpire's game-ending strike call, Alex Rodriguez threw his head back.
- Steinbrenner on A-Rod: 'He's been a great asset' Updated: May-20-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - Now that Alex Rodriguez has more home runs than lawsuits, the New York Yankees are happy with him.
- After Harper's ejection, Span lifts Nats past Yankees 3-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper is not known for hiding his thoughts, and so he certainly did not shy away from sharing what was on his mind after getting ejected from a game for the second time in seven days.
- Yankees CF Ellsbury, on DL, not sure extent of knee injury Updated: May-20-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Wearing a black brace on his sprained right knee, New York Yankees center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury said he has not been told how long he might be sidelined - and doesn't expect to know a prognosis until seeing a team doctor on Friday.
- Yankees RHP Tanaka to make rehab start at Triple-A Scranton Updated: May-19-15 7:29 pm
- A-Rod out of Yankees' lineup with no DH at Nationals Park Updated: May-19-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Rodriguez was out of the Yankees' lineup against the Nationals because no designated hitter is used in games at NL ballparks.
- Yankees pitcher Chase Whitley set for Tommy John surgery Updated: May-18-15 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees right-hander Chase Whitley will have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday and miss the rest of the season.
- Edinson Volquez dominates as Royals roll past Yankees, 6-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez had such violent movement on his fastball Sunday that Royals manager Ned Yost said catcher Salvador Perez actually turned around to ask plate umpire Chris Guccione whether there was anything he could do to help out.
- Yankees activate Capuano to start vs Royals Updated: May-17-15 2:03 pm
- Duffy better, gets same result as Royals fall to Yankees Updated: May-16-15 11:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Danny Duffy had better location on his fastball. He limited the damage after walking the bases loaded in the third inning. He felt stronger than he has in a while.
- Yankees recall Mitchell, send down Ramirez in pitcher swap Updated: May-16-15 5:26 pm
- Royals select veteran Joe Blanton from Triple-A Omaha Updated: May-16-15 3:11 pm
- Yankees pitcher Whitley goes on DL with sprained right elbow Updated: May-15-15 7:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The New York Yankees could be without Chase Whitley for the rest of the season after the right-hander went on the disabled list Friday with a sprained pitching elbow.
- Rene Rivera homers and drives in 4, Rays beat Yankees 6-1 Updated: May-14-15 11:11 pm
- MLB pumps up ball security after Tom Brady flap Updated: May-12-15 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - Even before Tom Brady was penalized, Major League Baseball boosted its prevent defense.
- Pineda strikes out 16, Yankees beat Orioles 6-2 Updated: May-10-15 6:15 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Pineda knew right after he threw his first slider he was going to have a great day. It took a few more innings before he realized how special this start was going to be.
- A-Rod passes Willie Mays for 4th on HR list with No. 661 Updated: May-08-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez passed Willie Mays for fourth place on the career homer list, connecting for No. 661 Thursday night an at-bat after he was robbed of the milestone drive by a leaping catch.
- Orioles shut down by deGrom, lose to Mets 5-1 Updated: May-07-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - Ubaldo Jimenez thinks the Baltimore Orioles' offense is just fine. It was the New York Mets' pitching that was the problem in this two-game series.
- Buehrle beats Yankees, Blue Jays win 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:00 pm
- Yankees sleep over in Boston before trip to Toronto Updated: May-04-15 9:14 pm
TORONTO - The New York Yankees decided to sleep over in Boston after sweeping the Red Sox and get some extra rest before crossing into Canada.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.