- Study: More Minn. children ready for kindergarten Updated: Dec-11-13 9:23 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 3:34 pm
- Minn. Senate told of stepped-up campus security Updated: Dec-10-13 9:11 pm
- E. Ky. conferees hear similarities to Minn. Updated: Dec-09-13 5:00 pm
- Lawyer tab in now-settled Minn. Senate case: $390K Updated: Dec-06-13 4:30 pm
- $1 billion Minn. budget surplus sets up scurry Updated: Dec-05-13 5:22 pm
- Photo of Vikings boss, Minn. gov shoots around Web Updated: Dec-03-13 6:00 pm
- High court finalizes rules for cameras in court Updated: Dec-03-13 4:56 pm
- Official: Too soon to link pond's location, deaths Updated: Nov-30-13 4:10 pm
- Minn. AG, Milwaukee for-profit school settle Updated: Nov-27-13 11:22 am
- In GOP field, Honour made most and paid most taxes Updated: Nov-26-13 5:38 pm
- GOP accuses Minn. agency of straying into politics Updated: Nov-25-13 5:38 pm
- Patrol: Driver in pond crash lacked valid license Updated: Nov-22-13 6:22 pm
- Patrol: Driver in pond crash had driver's permit Updated: Nov-22-13 12:00 pm
- 2nd shot for new GOP entrant in Minn. gov.'s race Updated: Nov-21-13 6:31 pm
- Authorities ID 5 children trapped in Minn. pond Updated: Nov-21-13 3:23 pm
- High Court: Firm subcontracts not public under law Updated: Nov-20-13 12:19 pm
- Minn. lawmaker vocal in gun debate won't run again Updated: Nov-20-13 11:01 am
- Minn. AFL-CIO backs Dayton, Franken Updated: Nov-19-13 3:31 pm
- Interstate closed due to deterioration of pilings Updated: Nov-19-13 8:58 am
- Teachers union gives Dayton early 2014 endorsement Updated: Nov-15-13 8:37 pm
- Minn. GOP deputy chair will run for state House Updated: Nov-15-13 11:50 am
- Vikings WR Simpson arrested on suspicion of DWI Updated: Nov-09-13 4:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - More Minnesota children are ready for kindergarten than ever before, the state Department of Education said Wednesday.
Duluth News Tribune, Dec. 10
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Campus and city police forces assured Minnesota lawmakers Tuesday that they've stepped up patrols and security features around Twin Cities-area colleges as a response to brash crimes affecting students.
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - A former Minnesota lawmaker and his father told a gathering in Appalachia that the response to a collapse in mining jobs in their state's iron-ore region 30 years ago may provide ideas for eastern Kentucky, which has suffered 6,000 coal layoffs in the last couple of years.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A now-settled lawsuit filed by a fired staffer cost the Minnesota Senate $396,000 in legal defense fees on top of a severance award, a new tally based on a billing document made public Friday shows.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A gaining economy drove a projection Thursday of a nearly $1.1 billion Minnesota budget surplus, touching off an instant scramble from people seeking more spending, tax cuts, or saving for a rainy day.
MINNEAPOLIS - A photograph of the Minnesota Vikings owner and the state's governor tossing dirt is rocketing around the Internet as a symbol of the split over sports stadium funding.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Supreme Court says it will continue to allow media to use cameras in certain civil cases, and it is ordering a study to see if cameras should be considered in certain criminal proceedings as well.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The pond in St. Louis Park where two children died when a car veered off a highway ramp is one of hundreds of retention basins near roadways in the Twin Cities, and the state patrol says it's too soon to say whether the pond's location had a role in the crash.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's attorney general has reached a settlement with a Milwaukee for-profit college that requires the institution to notify prospective students about the accreditation of certain programs and offer refunds to students who may not have had full information about what they needed for career certification.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - GOP businessman Scott Honour made the most but also paid the most in taxes last year among the 2014 candidates for governor.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The top Republican in the Minnesota House has accused an agency in Gov. Mark Dayton's administration of straying into partisan politics with a report on the state's economy.
MINNEAPOLIS - The woman who was driving a car filled with children when it veered off a suburban Minneapolis highway ramp and plunged into 9 feet of water did not have a valid driver's license, authorities said.
ST. LOUIS PARK, Minnesota - The Minnesota State Patrol says the mother driving a car in which five children became trapped under water did not have a valid driver's license.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - In the kickoff to a second campaign for Minnesota governor, Republican Marty Seifert presented himself Thursday as a candidate who is detached from government yet knows his way around it.
ST. LOUIS PARK, Minnesota - Authorities have released the names of six people who were in a car that went off a highway ramp in suburban Minneapolis and landed in a nearby holding pond, trapping five children underwater for up to 45 minutes.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Supreme Court says a private business working on a construction project for the St. Louis County School District does not have to provide subcontractor data under open records laws.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota legislator who has taken a visible role in public safety and gun issues says he won't run for a 10th term in the 2014 election.
DULUTH, Minnesota - State transportation officials have closed a section of Interstate 35 in Duluth after an inspection found a deteriorating support piling.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's teachers union is endorsing Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton's bid for re-election well before Republicans settle on a candidate.
WOODBURY, Minnesota - The deputy chairwoman of Minnesota's Republican Party says she'll run for an open state House seat in Woodbury.
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson was released from jail Saturday on $12,000 bond, about seven hours after he was arrested overnight on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.