- Chargers hire businessman to lead stadium initiative effort Updated: Feb-08-16 10:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers chairman Dean Spanos hired businessman and former developer Fred Maas on Monday to head the team's citizens' initiative process to get a measure for a new stadium on the November ballot.
- Mike Tolbert is a rare, old-school fullback in today's NFL Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - Mike Tolbert is the best at a position that's going out of style.
- Some of NFL's biggest stars never played in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:06 pm
Some of the NFL's biggest all-time stars have a gaping hole on their playing resumes.
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Chairman says Chargers to stay in San Diego in 2016 Updated: Jan-30-16 2:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos said Friday that the team will play in San Diego in 2016, and he'll work with politicians and the business community to try to resolve a long, bitter fight over a new stadium.
- Panel to consider 2 temporary NFL teams in LA Coliseum Updated: Jan-28-16 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The government body that oversees Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will consider a proposal to allow two NFL teams to temporarily share the historic stadium with the USC Trojans.
- Rams, Chargers hold first meeting on sharing LA-area stadium Updated: Jan-18-16 8:23 pm
- Whisenhunt returns to Chargers as offensive coordinator Updated: Jan-15-16 9:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - Ken Whisenhunt is returning to the San Diego Chargers as offensive coordinator.
- Kroenke heralds Rams' return after "long road" back to LA Updated: Jan-15-16 8:34 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Stan Kroenke stepped to the microphones at the Forum with football fans chanting "We love Stan!"
- SB 29: 49ers dominate Chargers 49-26 Updated: Jan-15-16 11:36 am
Super Bowl 29
- NFL owners had to act on LA now, and Kroenke had the goods Updated: Jan-14-16 9:51 pm
Painted into a corner by their own doing, NFL owners came up with a semi-solution to the hole in their roster that was Los Angeles.
- Mayor hopes for fresh start with Chargers on stadium talks Updated: Jan-13-16 7:03 pm
SAN DIEGO - Mayor Kevin Faulconer left a message for Chargers chairman Dean Spanos on Wednesday, inviting him back to the negotiating table.
- With Rams returning to LA, challenges abound for 3 NFL teams Updated: Jan-13-16 12:30 pm
HOUSTON - The Rams belong to Los Angeles once again.
- Column: Play ball with the NFL ... or else Updated: Jan-13-16 9:52 am
As the clock ticked down toward a vote, the NFL Network breathlessly reported on the long line of luxury cars idling outside a suburban Houston hotel waiting to whisk the rich and powerful back to their private jets and onto the next important task. It was not the only time Tuesday's NFL owners' meeting resembled a meeting of old-line mafia families.
- LA's NFL fans have unified hope, divided loyalties Updated: Jan-11-16 5:18 am
LOS ANGELES - The NFL has never been closer to ending its 21-year absence from the city that staged the first Super Bowl and supported several teams in several leagues through several decades of professional football.