- Desert tortoise released on Marine Corps base Updated: Oct-01-15 8:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - Researchers have released a desert tortoise raised on a Marine Corps base as part of efforts aimed at reinvigorating the threatened population in the western Mojave Desert.
- US, Philippine marines hold annual amphibious exercises Updated: Oct-01-15 8:55 am
MANILA, Philippines - More than 1,500 U.S. and Filipino marines on Thursday began annual exercises to improve combat readiness and better respond to humanitarian crises in the Philippines, which is frequently hit by powerful typhoons and is locked in a territorial dispute with China.
- Marine: Basic training, instinct helped escape July attack Updated: Sep-29-15 12:56 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - More details are emerging from an attack where a gunman opened fire on a military recruiting center in Chattanooga this summer.
- Pence attends son's Marine Corps officer training graduation Updated: Sep-29-15 11:39 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and his wife have traveled to Virginia to see their son graduate from basic training for Marine Corps officers.
- Newly identified remains of WWII Marine heading home Updated: Sep-25-15 12:17 am
HONOLULU - The recently identified remains of a Marine hailed for his bravery in battle are heading home 72 years after he was killed on a remote Pacific atoll during World War II.
- Ceremony marks 65 years since Columbus marines left for war Updated: Sep-12-15 5:15 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - John Ryan Sr. tried hard to focus his camera on the new plaque hanging at the old military base but it was no use.
- 6 of 18 Marines hurt in deadly crash in critical condition Updated: Sep-12-15 1:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Six of 18 Marines injured in a rollover accident were listed in critical condition Friday, a day after the multi-ton truck carrying them flipped on a paved two-lane road at Camp Pendleton, killing a 21-year-old corporal from Louisiana, officials said.