- Last US Marines to leave Saigon describe chaos of war's end Updated: Apr-30-15 12:54 pm
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - As the Marines scrambled to the roof of the U.S. Embassy, they locked a chain-link gate on every other floor to slow the throng of panicked Vietnamese civilians sure to come behind them. They knew if the crowd pushed through to the top, they could easily be overrun by hundreds of people desperate to get a seat on one of the last helicopters out of Saigon.
- Marine charged in military court in Va. with hazing Updated: Apr-30-15 11:58 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A decorated Marine accused of humiliating and physically abusing those under his command - ordering one to punch another hard enough to make him urinate blood - is facing a court-martial in Virginia.
- Vietnam War 40 years on, enemies now friends but still pain Updated: Apr-30-15 6:04 am
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - This city once known as Saigon was blanketed in red banners on Thursday that read "Long Live the Glorious Communist Party of Vietnam," 40 years after northern forces seized control of the country and America walked away from a divisive and bloody war that remains a painful sore.
- Marine Corps Memorial to be restored after $5.4M donation Updated: Apr-29-15 2:25 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The famous bronze U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial overlooking Washington that depicts Marines raising the American flag at Iwo Jima during World War II has begun turning green with age but now will be restored with a $5.37 million gift.
- New River Air Station dedicates Marines' largest hangar Updated: Apr-24-15 6:22 am
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION NEW RIVER, North Carolina - The U.S. Marine Corps is holding a ceremony in eastern North Carolina to dedicate its newest - and largest - hangar.
- Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort again hosts air show Updated: Apr-11-15 4:04 am
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The skies over Beaufort are going to be filled with the roar of jet engines as the Navy's famed Blue Angels flight demonstration squadron performs at the Marine Corps Air Station's air show.