- Late OU linebacker's mother targets prescription drugs Updated: Aug-31-15 11:50 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The mother of a University of Oklahoma football player who died of a prescription drug overdose is helping launch a campaign to bring awareness to the problem, which has surpassed motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of accidental death in Oklahoma.
- Starr urges independent probe of Ukwuachu sex assault case Updated: Aug-28-15 11:30 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University President Ken Starr is proposing an independent investigation of the athletic department's handling of the sexual assault complaint against defensive end Sam Ukwuachu.
- Now that QB settled at Kansas, race is on to catch passes Updated: Aug-28-15 5:23 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has settled on a starting quarterback, giving the job back to Montell Cozart.
- Pick 6: Heisman hopefuls short on preseason hype Updated: Aug-28-15 11:12 am
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota broke a Heisman Trophy trend last season by winning the award after being considered the preseason favorite.
- Oklahoma State optimistic after strong finish last season Updated: Aug-27-15 5:44 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State is optimistic after a strong finish last season.
- Bowlsby: Big 12 transfer policy will require more diligence Updated: Aug-26-15 4:54 pm
With Baylor facing scrutiny for allowing a football player with a troubled past to transfer to the school, the Big 12 is crafting a new policy that will require more diligence when looking into athletes' past disciplinary issues.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit by Texas A&M's Chavis against LSU Updated: Aug-26-15 1:48 pm
BRYAN, Texas - A Texas judge has dismissed a contract dispute lawsuit filed by Texas A&M defensive coordinator John Chavis against his former employer, LSU.
- Oklahoma return man Ross among nation's best Updated: Aug-25-15 9:51 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Alex Ross is hard to figure out off the field, and easy to understand on it.
- Baker Mayfield named Oklahoma's starting quarterback Updated: Aug-24-15 10:11 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield's route to becoming Oklahoma's starting quarterback was unconventional.
- Cozart wins competition to start at quarterback for Kansas Updated: Aug-24-15 6:32 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Montell Cozart will be under center for new Kansas coach David Beaty when the Jayhawks begin their season Sept. 5 against South Dakota State.
- Oklahoma ranked No. 19 in Associated Press preseason poll Updated: Aug-23-15 5:09 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Sooners are ranked No. 19 in The Associated Press preseason college football poll.
- 25 teams, 25 stories: What to watch for from ranked teams Updated: Aug-23-15 4:35 pm
Preseason rankings in college football are useless, you say.
- TCU returning Cameron Echols-Luper has left the team Updated: Aug-22-15 4:38 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - TCU receiver and kick returner Cameron Echols-Luper has left the school.
- Baylor says it will investigate handling of Ukwuachu case Updated: Aug-21-15 9:19 pm
Baylor University will conduct an investigation into the school's handling of sexual assault allegations against a football player who was allowed to transfer into coach Art Briles' program despite a history of disciplinary problems at Boise State.
- Ex-OSU football player Tyreek Hill pleads guilty to assault Updated: Aug-21-15 6:25 pm
Former Oklahoma State football player Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty Friday to domestic assault and battery by strangulation in an incident involving his then-pregnant girlfriend last year.
- Oklahoma St. sophomore QB Rudolph growing as leader Updated: Aug-21-15 6:22 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Mason Rudolph has done things the right way since being named Oklahoma State's starting quarterback.
- Packers' Jordy Nelson pledges gift to Kansas State Updated: Aug-20-15 11:33 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson has pledged an undisclosed gift to Kansas State to help with the next phase of renovations to Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- Texas freshman says NCAA has instructed him to re-take ACT Updated: Aug-19-15 7:23 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas freshman tight end Devonaire Clarington said Wednesday on Twitter that the NCAA has instructed him to re-take the ACT so it can determine if he's eligible to play this season.
- Former Texas lineman Estelle signs with West Alabama Updated: Aug-19-15 6:51 pm
LIVINGSTON, Alabama - Former Texas starting offensive tackle Kennedy Estelle has enrolled at Division II West Alabama.
- Beaty understands magnitude of rebuilding job at Kansas Updated: Aug-19-15 2:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - There is no easy way to describe the magnitude of the task facing David Beaty, who was hired last year to rebuild a Kansas football program fallen on hard times.
- Texas Tech looks to reduce turnovers, penalties and add wins Updated: Aug-19-15 2:45 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury calls his options at quarterback this season a luxury.
- Oklahoma looks to bounce back from 8-5 season Updated: Aug-19-15 2:26 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Very little was said about championships at Oklahoma's media day.
- Failed union bid won't stop reforms in college athletics Updated: Aug-18-15 9:46 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - With or without a union, more rights and benefits are coming for college athletes.
- After troubles, Texas' Daje Johnson wants to make his mark Updated: Aug-18-15 2:46 am
AUSTIN, Texas - For three years, Daje Johnson has been the great hope and the great disappointment for Texas.
- Oklahoma RB Mixon making an impression Updated: Aug-17-15 4:26 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon seems to be enjoying being on the football field more than his teammates.