- More details released about fatal Vikings stadium roof fall Updated: Sep-01-15 8:17 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A report says the death of a construction worker atop the new Minnesota Vikings stadium last week happened after he slid down a roof, broke through a guardrail and fell to an elevated platform.
- Injured Randall Cobb hopes to return for Packers opener Updated: Sep-01-15 8:09 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Green Bay Packers have some good news about their injury-stricken receiving corps.
- Underdog Sherels solidifying his role with Minnesota Vikings Updated: Sep-01-15 5:46 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Every year, Marcus Sherels shows up to Minnesota Vikings training camp with his roster status firmly on the bubble.
- Vikings cut QB Kafka, leaving Heinicke as 3rd-string option Updated: Sep-01-15 2:51 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have waived quarterback Mike Kafka.
- Lions activate Bell, Ngata, cut 2012 2nd-round pick Broyles Updated: Aug-31-15 7:16 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have activated running back Joique Bell off the physically unable to perform list and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata off the active/non-football injury list.
- Bears secondary gets overhaul as preseason winds down Updated: Aug-31-15 6:47 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears knew they would have an entirely new defensive scheme when they open the season against Green Bay in two weeks. Now they will have an entirely new secondary, too.
- Bucs trade TE Tim Wright to Lions for kicker Kyle Brindza Updated: Aug-31-15 5:36 pm
- Vikings put Carter Bykowski on IR, Josh Robinson on PUP list Updated: Aug-31-15 4:47 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have placed offensive tackle Carter Bykowski on injured reserve and cornerback Josh Robinson on the physically unable to perform list.
- Bears terminate cornerback Tim Jennings' contract Updated: Aug-30-15 10:34 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears terminated two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Tim Jennings' contract Sunday and placed safety Ryan Mundy on season-ending injured reserve because of a hip problem.
- Bradford shines in Eagles' 39-26 win over Packers; Cobb hurt Updated: Aug-30-15 12:58 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Injuries are piling up in the preseason for the Green Bay Packers. Receiver Randall Cobb was the latest star to get hurt.
- Bridgewater perfect for Vikings, Romo solid for Cowboys Updated: Aug-30-15 12:02 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Tony Romo got his first and likely only extended action of the preseason for the Dallas Cowboys, and found one of his reliable options even with Dez Bryant sitting out again.
- Dalton leaves with sore neck, Bengals beat Bears 21-10 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton's sore neck gave AJ McCarron a chance for his first NFL keepsake.
- Packers' Randall Cobb leaves game with shoulder injury Updated: Aug-29-15 9:12 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Receiver Randall Cobb has left the Packers' preseason game Saturday night against the Philadelphia Eagles with a shoulder injury.
- Rookies Abdullah, Zenner filling in nicely for Lions Updated: Aug-29-15 8:47 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit Lions rookie running backs Ameer Abdullah and Zach Zenner have made good impressions so far in training camp in the absence of last year's starter Joique Bell.
- Stafford, Bortles shine as Lions beat Jaguars 22-17 Updated: Aug-29-15 12:16 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Matthew Stafford didn't even need Calvin Johnson to carve up the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Lambeau's Shopko gate has new metal detectors Updated: Aug-28-15 7:39 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Some football fans heading into Lambeau Field Saturday for the Green Bay Packers first preseason home game this year will encounter newly installed metal detectors.
- Soft-spoken Teddy Bridgewater blossoms for Vikings Updated: Aug-28-15 12:09 am
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - An easy smile, slender build and soft, self-effacing voice. They seem to bely Teddy Bridgewater's status with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Wilson says he did not have a concussion in NFC title game Updated: Aug-27-15 7:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday he did not suffer a concussion in the NFC championship game against Green Bay, a day after comments in an article in Rolling Stone indicated Wilson may have suffered a head injury.
- Company in Vikings stadium fatality had 9 safety violations Updated: Aug-27-15 6:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The subcontractor involved in a fatal accident at the Minnesota Vikings stadium construction site has received nine citations for worksite safety violations in the past five years, according to public records.
- Packers' Raji ready to contribute after missing last season Updated: Aug-27-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Veteran nose tackle B.J. Raji knows well the challenging path that injured Green Bay Packers teammate Jordy Nelson must take the next several months.
- Eagles QB Bradford hopes to hit rhythm vs. Packers Updated: Aug-27-15 4:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Quarterback Sam Bradford would embrace the chance to play deeper in the Eagles' third exhibition game in Green Bay on Saturday.
- Packers DL Letroy Guion suspended 3 games by NFL Updated: Aug-27-15 4:21 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The NFL suspended Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion without pay for the first three games of the regular season on Thursday, saying the eighth-year pro violated the league's policy on substance abuse.
- Lions trade Michael Williams to Patriots for draft pick Updated: Aug-26-15 8:50 pm
- Calvin Johnson may not play this week either for Lions Updated: Aug-26-15 6:29 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The third game of the preseason is usually something of a dress rehearsal, when teams give their regular starters a bit more playing time.
- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.