- New Mexico AG criticizes plan for San Juan plant Updated: Jun-28-15 5:02 am
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas is not a fan of a plan to keep an aging coal-fired plant going with a mix of coal, natural gas, nuclear and solar generation.
- New Mexico AG calls for overhaul of state's energy system Updated: Jun-25-15 5:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas says the state's current electricity system is dysfunctional.
- Lawsuit: New Mexico AG staffer bullied nonprofit Updated: Jun-24-15 3:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An inexperienced New Mexico attorney general staffer bullied nonprofit employees and harassed a female worker on social media while using the name "Mr. Smooth," according to a new lawsuit.
- New Mexico AG eyes audit of foreclosure prevention nonprofit Updated: Jun-23-15 9:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Attorney General's office says a nonprofit that helps people facing foreclosure is blocking efforts to see how it's spending public money.
- New Mexico AG wants more 'transparency' in campaign finance Updated: Jun-17-15 6:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas said Wednesday he wants to increase transparency and accountability in the state's campaign finance reporting process.
- New Mexico Supreme Court asked to review 'copper rule' Updated: Jun-14-15 3:41 pm
SILVER CITY, New Mexico - New Mexico's attorney general and environmentalists want the state's highest court to review an appellate court's upholding of regulations that govern groundwater pollution by copper mines.
- Judge to rule on New Mexico Attorney General firings Updated: Jun-13-15 2:57 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A judge will determine whether a state board will get to rule on the legality of the firings of 40 New Mexico Attorney General's Office employees.
- Modern-day slavery Updated: Jun-11-15 5:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police called her Sara - a pseudonym.
- AG looks to speed up behavioral health investigation Updated: Jun-10-15 4:56 pm
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - The New Mexico attorney general's office is seeking forensic auditors to help with the investigation into allegations of fraud and abuse involving nonprofits that provided behavioral health services to needy New Mexicans.
- New Mexico AG sets goals for Law Enforcement Academy board Updated: Jun-10-15 1:35 pm
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - The state attorney general stopped an attempt to limit public comments during New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy board meetings and instead asked the board to review its training for officers and to make sure it remains transparent.
- Officials probe release of felon accused of killing officer Updated: Jun-08-15 2:29 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The circumstances that led to the release of a repeat offender who authorities say went on to kill a police officer will be part of an inquiry being launched by New Mexico's top prosecutor.