- I-70 East reopens near site of central Ohio tanker fire Updated: Jul-03-15 2:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol says eastbound traffic headed toward Columbus on Interstate 70 is flowing again around the site of a damaged bridge in time for the city's massive Fourth of July celebration.
- Official sued in landmark marriage case reads at gay wedding Updated: Jul-03-15 1:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's health director, whose refusal to list a gay man as the surviving spouse on a death certificate led to last week's landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling, has delivered a Bible reading at a gay wedding.
- Ohio looks overseas in search for lethal drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 9:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio has explored overseas options in its search for lethal injection drugs no longer available in the U.S. despite a court ruling that banned such purchases, records show.
- Patrol sued over alleged lapses in Ohio motorist's death Updated: Jul-03-15 7:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The father of a motorist killed in a drunken driving crash alleges an Ohio State Highway Patrol dispatcher didn't notify an officer about a reported reckless driver before the crash.
- Kasich to return to South Carolina ahead of 2016 bid kickoff Updated: Jul-03-15 6:28 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is planning a fifth visit to South Carolina ahead of the planned launch of his presidential bid later this month.
- Ohio to replace bridge after tanker fire, reroute traffic Updated: Jul-01-15 10:39 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Transportation officials plan to replace a bridge that was charred early Wednesday morning when a tanker truck carrying ethanol overturned, caught fire and forced closures on two major highways near Ohio's capital, leading to damage possibly up to $1 million and two citations for the driver.
- Ohio elections chief gets text of anti-monopoly measure Updated: Jul-01-15 5:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The text of a hastily passed proposal to ban monopolies and cartels in Ohio's constitution has been delivered to the state elections chief for placement on the November ballot.
- Bill allows sale of 2nd Ohio prison to private operator Updated: Jul-01-15 4:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state can sell a central Ohio prison to a private company under a bill on the way to Gov. John Kasich, creating the second privately owned and operated correctional institution in the state.
- Ohio using highway messages to fight rise in traffic deaths Updated: Jul-01-15 2:04 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Facing an uptick in traffic deaths so far this year, Ohio officials will start using existing digital message boards along highways in an effort to make drivers think more about their behavior.
- Kasich signs $71B, 2-year budget after vetoing 44 items Updated: Jun-30-15 10:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Tuesday signed a $71.2 billion, two-year state budget that continues his expansion of the Medicaid health program and provides an income-tax cut.
- Bill extending rape case prosecution heads to governor Updated: Jun-30-15 2:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill extending the time period for prosecuting rape and sexual battery to 25 years after the crime is headed to the desk of Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik).
- Ohio lawmakers won't adjust redistricting ballot issue Updated: Jun-30-15 9:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's Senate president says a fall ballot issue proposing changes to Ohio's system for drawing legislative districts won't be revisited to include congressional lines as a result of a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Northeast Ohio man, 72, killed in crash of small plane Updated: Jun-27-15 3:26 pm
ALLIANCE, Ohio - The Ohio State Highway Patrol says the pilot of a single-engine plane was killed in a crash shortly after taking off from a small northeast Ohio airport.
- Ohio battle over traffic cameras heats up again Updated: Jun-27-15 10:10 am
CINCINNATI - There's a lot developing in the continuing clash over traffic camera enforcement in Ohio.
- Ohio House OKs bill to make serious pet abuse a felony crime Updated: Jun-26-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislation passed by the Ohio House would stiffen penalties for abuse of pets and other companion animals.
- Gov. signs bill to ban pure caffeine, powdered alcohol sales Updated: Jun-25-15 6:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Pure powdered caffeine won't be legally sold in Ohio under legislation signed by Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik).
- Ohio House passes student meningitis immunization bill Updated: Jun-25-15 1:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio students would have to be immunized against meningitis under a bill passed by the Legislature.
- Lawmakers OK plan to put CEO in charge of Youngstown schools Updated: Jun-25-15 6:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers have approved a measure that would place a CEO in charge of running Youngstown's beleaguered city schools.
- Ohio lawmakers pass bill aimed at reducing drug overdoses Updated: Jun-25-15 4:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers have passed legislation to expand availability of a drug overdose antidote used across the state to save addicts on the brink of death.
- The Latest: Legislative Panel finalizes Ohio's $71B budget Updated: Jun-25-15 2:43 am
- Ban on abortions after 20 weeks clears Ohio Senate Updated: Jun-24-15 5:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposed ban on abortions after 20 weeks' gestation passed the Republican-dominated Ohio Senate on Wednesday, hours after opponents testifying at the Statehouse decried the measure as being too restrictive and based on inaccurate conclusions about when fetuses feel pain.
- Senate OKs bill to allow Ohioans to register online to vote Updated: Jun-24-15 3:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohioans could register online to vote under a measure passed by the swing state's Senate.
- Ohio proposal would permit barricade devices in schools Updated: Jun-24-15 3:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's two-year state budget plan includes a measure that could make it easier for schools to install barricade devices on doors in emergencies.
- ODOT to study Pro Football Hall of Fame's traffic impact Updated: Jun-24-15 10:43 am
- Ohio lawmakers hold off on measure supporting Pete Rose Updated: Jun-23-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers are delaying any action on a resolution urging baseball's commissioner to reinstate all-time hits leader Pete Rose and make the former Cincinnati Reds star eligible for the Hall of Fame.