- Ohio Gov. Kasich's family worth between $9M and $22M Updated: Aug-01-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio governor and Republican presidential hopeful John Kasich has publicly reported that he and his family are worth between $9 million and $22 million.
- Ohio bicyclist, 15, killed by train at crossing Updated: Jul-31-15 7:58 pm
HURON, Ohio - The Ohio State Highway Patrol says a 15-year-old boy was killed in northern Ohio when he was hit by a train while riding his bicycle across the tracks.
- Pot legalization group reports spending $2 million in effort Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A group working to get a marijuana legalization issue on Ohio's fall ballot has spent more than $2 million in its effort and has about $82,000 in campaign cash on hand.
- Ohio crackdown on distracted driving yields 999 citations Updated: Jul-31-15 3:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A multi-state highway patrol crackdown on distracted driving yielded hundreds of citations for reckless or careless driving on Ohio roadways last week.
- 1 dead, 10 injured as church van crashes into train in Ohio Updated: Jul-29-15 4:31 pm
CINCINNATI - A van carrying vacation Bible school students crashed through a crossing gate and into the side of a freight train at a southwest Ohio rail crossing, killing an adult passenger and injuring nine children and the driver, authorities said Wednesday.
- Presidential hopeful Kasich says running Ohio still priority Updated: Jul-29-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said running the state remains his top priority even as he campaigns elsewhere for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Correction: Renewable Energy Targets story Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story July 25 about the debate over Ohio's alternative energy targets, The Associated Press misstated the title of Greg Lawson. He is a Statehouse liaison and policy analyst for the Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, not its lobbyist.
- Woman killed, infant hurt after car crashes into Ohio home Updated: Jul-28-15 4:07 pm
CLEVELAND - A northern Ohio woman died Tuesday when a car crashed into her living room, striking her as she sat on a couch, authorities said.
- Ohio ex-lawmaker considering options after theft conviction Updated: Jul-28-15 1:52 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A former northern Ohio lawmaker who was convicted of theft and consequently removed from office immediately says he's disappointed in the verdict and will consider his legal options.
- Ohio lawmaker convicted of theft, immediately out of office Updated: Jul-27-15 5:08 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A northern Ohio lawmaker accused of stealing antiques and other items from a home while doing work as an auctioneer has been convicted on a felony theft charge and immediately removed from office under state law.
- ODOT, BWC focus on improving worker safety on Ohio roads Updated: Jul-27-15 4:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Department of Transportation and the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation are working together to improve worker safety on Ohio's roads.
- 2 killed in separate Ohio motorcycle accidents Updated: Jul-26-15 11:01 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two motorcyclists have been killed in separate weekend accidents in Ohio.
- Ohio steps up patrols along US 127 for improved safety Updated: Jul-26-15 4:08 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - The Ohio State Highway Patrol is stepping up its presence along U.S. 127 to focus on seat belt use and impaired drivers as part of an effort to reduce crashes on the federal highway.
- Ohio governor Kasich returning to stump in South Carolina Updated: Jul-24-15 4:06 am
SUMMERVILLE, South Carolina - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is visiting South Carolina this week.
- Democrats' old, new guard clash over US Senate race in Ohio Updated: Jul-23-15 9:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former and current chairmen are clashing over the Ohio Democratic Party's treatment of a young challenger who has refused to drop out of the 2016 race for a U.S. Senate seat also sought by former Gov. Ted Strickland.
- Senators want to change how Ohio draws congressional lines Updated: Jul-23-15 4:23 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bipartisan proposal in Ohio seeks to overhaul how the swing state draws its congressional districts.
- 1 dead, 3 injured in crash after suspected theft in Ohio Updated: Jul-22-15 7:02 am
STREETSBORO, Ohio - One person has died and three others are injured following a crash in northeast Ohio involving a vehicle police suspect was involved in a theft.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich set to campaign in New Hampshire Updated: Jul-21-15 5:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is heading to New Hampshire immediately after making his run for the GOP presidential nomination official.
- Ohio AG appeals new trial order for death row inmate Updated: Jul-21-15 3:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio attorney general has told the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that his office will appeal a judge's order granting a new trial to a man on death row for the slaying of a Cleveland police officer in 2000.
- Ohio revises forms, makes changes after gay marriage ruling Updated: Jul-20-15 12:01 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Same-sex couples in Ohio can now hold their weddings in the Statehouse, file their state taxes jointly and list their spouses on death certificates following the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last month that legalized gay marriage across the country.
- Overseas students learning how American democracy works Updated: Jul-18-15 11:11 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - The current state of American democracy is something Egyptian student Mahmoud Harb believes can eventually work in his home country - but just not yet.
- Ohio to require students to be immunized against meningitis Updated: Jul-17-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio will require students to be immunized against meningitis under a new law.
- Governor signs bill handing over Youngstown schools to CEO Updated: Jul-16-15 3:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's governor has signed into law a plan that would place a CEO in charge of running Youngstown's beleaguered city schools.
- Ohio attorney general orders probe of Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-16-15 11:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's top law enforcer says he's investigating whether Planned Parenthood may have violated its nonprofit status and made money from the sale of organs from aborted fetuses.
- Construction company cited in fatal Ohio overpass collapse Updated: Jul-15-15 5:10 pm
CINCINNATI - A company in charge of demolishing a highway overpass that collapsed and killed a construction worker in January has been cited for two safety violations and fined $14,000, a federal agency said Wednesday.