- Ohio attorney general released from hospital Updated: Mar-08-14 10:47 am
- 2 Ohio Libertarians lose spots on primary ballot Updated: Mar-07-14 6:31 pm
- Trial delayed for Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 12:11 pm
- Ohio high court strikes down child enticement law Updated: Mar-06-14 11:50 am
- Ohio court is asked to reconsider Amish chemo case Updated: Mar-05-14 2:41 pm
- Libertarian governor candidate challenged in Ohio Updated: Mar-04-14 5:27 pm
- DeWine: Ohio election law violates free speech Updated: Mar-04-14 3:33 pm
- Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban Updated: Mar-03-14 7:41 pm
- Schwarzenegger backs Ohio city for GOP convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:58 pm
- Ind. guardsman faces federal explosives complaint Updated: Mar-03-14 5:31 pm
- Man killed in Ohio snowplow crash Updated: Mar-03-14 5:26 am
- Rulings against cameras mount in Ohio Updated: Mar-02-14 11:27 am
- Ohio: record number of concealed carry licenses Updated: Mar-01-14 10:17 am
- Ohio may use twice the usual road salt this winter Updated: Mar-01-14 9:47 am
- Governor appoints new top Ohio utility regulator Updated: Feb-28-14 4:31 pm
- Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus make RNC convention cut Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- Ohio calamity-day bill hits snag; debate continues Updated: Feb-26-14 7:35 pm
- Ohio lawmakers pass new provisional ballot rules Updated: Feb-26-14 7:26 pm
- Ohio justices hear local drilling rules dispute Updated: Feb-26-14 5:53 pm
- Ohio bill on religion, gay rights is withdrawn Updated: Feb-26-14 5:08 pm
- Judge halts use of Ohio village speeding cameras Updated: Feb-25-14 5:31 pm
- Ohio snow plows involved in 80 crashes this winter Updated: Feb-25-14 7:39 am
- Patrol post to be named for Ohio House speaker Updated: Feb-24-14 7:19 pm
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-24-14 9:08 am
- Ohio awards $1M in grants to rape crisis centers Updated: Feb-22-14 1:43 pm
CINCINNATI - Attorney General Mike DeWine headed home Saturday after spending the night in a Cincinnati hospital where he was taken because he felt ill while at a speaking engagement.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Libertarian candidates for statewide office were tossed from Ohio's primary ballot on Friday in a state election chief's ruling that sparked immediate plans for a legal challenge.
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud and theft for allegedly misleading investors about a company's financial status and using their money for personal gain won't go on trial next month.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court on Thursday struck down the state's child enticement law, concluding that it has the admirable goal of preventing child abductions and lewd acts but can't be used to stop legal activity such as hiring a child to do chores without a parent's permission.
TOLEDO, Ohio - The lawyer for an Amish family wants the Ohio Supreme Court to reconsider its decision not to hear a case involving the couple who fought a hospital over resuming chemotherapy for their 11-year-old daughter.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Lawyers sparred Tuesday over whether a Libertarian gubernatorial candidate in Ohio is qualified for the May ballot, a dispute whose outcome could affect Republican Gov. John Kasich's re-election bid.
WASHINGTON - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine is urging the U.S. Supreme Court to rule as unconstitutional a state election law that bars people from making recklessly false statements about political candidates, saying it restricts free speech.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House is set to debate four abortion bills Tuesday, including a "fetal heartbeat" measure that supporters and opponents agree will likely face an immediate court challenge if it becomes law - and in some ways that's exactly what proponents want.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his muscle behind a bid by Columbus to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, even as the powerful U.S. House Speaker said he favors a different Ohio city close to his home district.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Explosive devices seized from an Indiana Guardsman who was pulled over for speeding in Ohio were capable of causing injuries and death to people nearby if they were detonated, according to a federal complaint.
SANDUSKY, Ohio - The Ohio State Highway Patrol says a 22-year-old man was killed when he slammed his car into the rear of a snowplow.
HAMILTON, Ohio - The speeding cameras have gone dark in another Ohio community, the latest turned off by a string of court rulings against automated traffic enforcement.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's attorney general reports that more than 145,000 concealed carry licenses were issued in Ohio in 2013 for the largest number issued since licensing began in the state in 2004.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Department of Transportation may end up using nearly twice as much road salt this season as it typically requires for an average winter, a spokesman said.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) has picked a former state budget director and lawmaker to be Ohio's top utility regulator.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's three largest cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus - have been named finalists in the competition to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers disagreed Wednesday over how many additional calamity days to give Ohio schools off this year because of the winter's hazardous weather, and how districts can make up the ones they have already taken.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers on Wednesday approved a bill setting forth when provisional ballots are counted in the political swing state and what it takes to cast one.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Supreme Court justices vigorously challenged attorneys on Wednesday over the power of state-level oil and gas drilling regulations to supersede local zoning laws.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers in Ohio withdrew legislation Wednesday that mirrors an Arizona bill that's come under fire for protecting those who assert their religious beliefs in refusing service to gays.
HAMILTON, Ohio - A judge Tuesday ordered a southwest Ohio village to stop using speeding cameras and said they're being used to violate motorists' rights to due process, in the latest ruling against automatic traffic enforcement around the state.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Officials say state of Ohio snowplows have been involved in 80 crashes so far this winter, with other drivers causing most of them.
MEDINA, Ohio - Ohio's governor says a State Highway Patrol post will be renamed in honor of a longtime state lawmaker and judge.
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's attorney general has awarded $1 million in new grant funding to 25 rape crisis centers across the state.