- The Latest: Iraq PM says situation in Baghdad under control Updated: Apr-30-16 1:32 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on anti-government protests in Iraq (all times local):
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.
- Residents of Iraq's IS-held Fallujah suffer under siege Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 am
BAGHDAD - Abu Jassim can only afford to provide one meal a day for his seven-member family - usually a stew made of locally grown leafy green vegetables or rice with a small portion of flat bread.
- Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains Updated: Apr-28-16 5:39 pm
BAGHDAD - Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.
- The Latest: Biden leaves Iraq, next stop Rome Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Iraq (all times local):
- In Saudi visit, Obama works to calm Gulf tensions with US Updated: Apr-21-16 3:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - President Barack Obama strained to ease tensions with Persian Gulf allies Thursday, pledging U.S. help in confronting Iran and other security threats. Yet he failed to win the commitments he sought to boost economic aid to Iraq.
- The Latest: White House touts security agreements in Gulf Updated: Apr-21-16 10:57 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The Latest on President Barack Obama's meeting with top officials from six Arab nations in Saudi Arabia. (all times local):
- Obama pushes Saudis, Gulf allies to step up Iraq aid Updated: Apr-20-16 3:31 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - With fresh friction wearing on an old alliance, President Barack Obama pressed Saudi Arabia and Persian Gulf nations on Wednesday to step up efforts to defeat the Islamic State group and help rebuild war-torn Iraq.
- Sending more US troops to Iraq fits a 2-year pattern Updated: Apr-19-16 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's decision to send still more American troops to Iraq, and to put military advisers closer to the front lines against the Islamic State, fits a pattern of ever-deepening involvement in a country whose war Obama exited with supposed finality in December 2011.
- US to send 200 more troops, Apache helicopters to Iraq Updated: Apr-18-16 7:40 pm
BAGHDAD - The U.S. has agreed to deploy more than 200 additional troops to Iraq and to send eight Apache helicopters for the first time into the fight against the Islamic State group in Iraq, the first major increase in U.S. forces in nearly a year, U.S. defense officials said Monday.
- Carter: Iraq politics won't stall beefed up military fight Updated: Apr-11-16 12:35 pm
MORMUGAO PORT TRUST, India - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Monday that struggles within the Iraq government won't stall the U.S. military campaign to beef up the fight against Islamic State militants in the country.
- Qatar says Qatari hunter, Asian kidnapped in Iraq released Updated: Apr-06-16 4:42 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - One of the some two dozen Qatari hunters kidnapped in Iraq this December has been freed along with an Asian who had accompanied the trip, the peninsular nation's Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.
- Iraqi forces face heavy resistance in IS-held town Updated: Apr-05-16 2:37 pm
HIT, Iraq - Heavy resistance has slowed Iraqi forces Tuesday as they pushed forward toward the center of a town held by Islamic State militants in western Anbar province, commanders at the scene said.
- The Latest: Iraqi troops capture key village outside Mosul Updated: Apr-04-16 8:20 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on the interconnected conflicts in Iraq and Syria (all times local):