- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers Updated: Apr-17-14 6:16 am
- Iraq scrambles to fight polio surge amid conflict Updated: Apr-10-14 12:13 pm
- Ex-soldier injured in Iraq invited to Tahoe event Updated: Apr-02-14 5:12 pm
- Iraqi army battles militants in deadly Anbar siege Updated: Apr-01-14 2:35 am
- Militants launch social support in an Iraqi city Updated: Mar-23-14 8:52 am
BAGHDAD - Militants launched a brazen attack on a military base in a restive area in northern Iraq on Thursday, killing at least 10 soldiers and wounding 12, officials said.
BAGHDAD - Across parts of Iraq, medical teams in white coats and gloves again roam the streets giving children polio vaccines and marking the walls of their homes, fighting a resurgent virus once more taking advantage of the country's turmoil.
PHOENIX - A former soldier and amateur athlete who lost a leg to a roadside bomb blast in Iraq says golf has become both therapy and a passion.
RAMADI, Iraq - An Iraqi special forces patrol moves on foot past ruined homes on the outskirts of Ramadi, a city west of Baghdad where al-Qaida-inspired militants have held off the military for three months. As they head down an alleyway, shots from snipers ring out, followed by grenade blasts.
BAGHDAD - Iraq's al-Qaida-inspired militants who took over the city of Fallujah are now trying to show they can run it, providing social services, policing the streets and implementing Shariah rulings in a bid to win the support of its Sunni Muslim population.