- UK lawmakers slam lax security in Taliban attack Updated: Apr-16-14 6:49 am
- Abdullah, Ghani lead in partial Afghan vote tally Updated: Apr-13-14 3:58 pm
- Afghan probe begins in attack on AP journalists Updated: Apr-10-14 3:41 am
- AP photographer killed, reporter wounded Updated: Apr-04-14 7:02 pm
- AP Interview: Afghan candidate praises Karzai Updated: Apr-03-14 9:05 am
- Afghans line up for last-minute voter registration Updated: Apr-01-14 1:00 pm
- Mixed legacy for Karzai as Afghan president Updated: Mar-30-14 11:29 am
- AP Interview: Afghan candidate will respect vote Updated: Mar-27-14 3:02 pm
- Read before jumping into the deep end of NCAA pool Updated: Mar-19-14 4:37 pm
LONDON - British lawmakers said Wednesday that U.K. commanders' complacency and inadequate security were partly to blame for the failure to stop a Taliban attack on a U.S-British base in Afghanistan that killed two U.S. Marines.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Two clear front-runners emerged in Afghanistan's presidential election as partial results released Sunday showed a tight race that increasingly appears destined for a runoff vote.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan central government authorities on Wednesday began questioning the police commander who killed an Associated Press photographer and wounded an AP reporter, a day after he was transferred by helicopter to the capital - a rare case in which an Afghan officer or soldier who shot a foreigner was captured alive.
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan police commander opened fire Friday on two Associated Press journalists, killing Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Anja Niedringhaus and wounding veteran correspondent Kathy Gannon - the first known case of a security insider attacking journalists in Afghanistan.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A leading Afghan presidential candidate praised Hamid Karzai for allowing the country's first democratic transition of power and said Thursday that he'll offer the longtime leader an advisory role if he wins this weekend's election.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghans lined up by the hundreds Tuesday up in a last-minute rush to register for voting cards, a sign that interest in national elections is high despite fears of violence.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghans go to the polls next weekend to choose a new president, and that in itself may one day be considered Hamid Karzai's greatest achievement.
KABUL, Afghanistan - One of the top three contenders in Afghanistan's presidential race said Thursday that he won't challenge the results even if he loses and suspects fraud, and he urged his opponents to do the same.
Welcome to BracketRacket.