- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker convicted of drunken driving Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A judge has found a former Rhode Island state senator guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Rhode Island State Police take kids on West Point field trip Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
- Lawmaker calls for transparency in taxpayer-funded projects Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island House member is calling for financial transparency from private companies that seek taxpayer assistance.
- Statehouse candidate: Use of school email 'honest mistake' Updated: Apr-28-15 4:20 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A principal and sister of a Rhode Island congressman admits she made a mistake after an ethics complaint accused her of using school resources to further her Statehouse campaign.
- RI Supreme Court rules man improperly denied weapons permit Updated: Apr-24-15 7:41 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Supreme Court has ruled that East Providence improperly denied a resident a concealed weapons permit.
- RI House speaker wants to ax proposed 'Taylor Swift tax' Updated: Apr-23-15 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello says he wants to kill a proposed tax on luxury vacation homes, the so-called "Taylor Swift Tax."
- 2 pillars at Rhode Island Statehouse tagged with graffiti Updated: Apr-21-15 2:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two granite pillars at the Rhode Island Statehouse have been tagged with graffiti.
- State drops charge against ex-warden in bogus pay claim Updated: Apr-17-15 11:58 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island attorney general's office has dropped a charge against a former warden accused of collecting $16,000 in bogus unused vacation time.
- Gov. Raimondo supporting Clinton for president in 2016 Updated: Apr-16-15 6:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's first female governor says it's time for the nation to have its first female president.
- Secretary of state proposes early voting beginning in 2016 Updated: Apr-15-15 7:17 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Secretary of State Nellie Gorbea is proposing a legislative package that would allow early voting in Rhode Island.
- Attorney general sues fire districts over records, meetings Updated: Apr-14-15 7:22 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter F. Kilmartin has sued the Western Coventry Fire District accusing it of violating the state Open Meetings Act. He sued the Manville Fire Department for allegedly violating the Access to Public Records Act.
- RI Senate OKs bill targeting unauthorized computer access Updated: Apr-12-15 1:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has approved a bill that would make it a felony to access another person's computer without their permission to view confidential information, even if the material is not deleted or damaged.
- Rhode Island National Guard commander to retire Updated: Apr-10-15 6:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The commanding general of the Rhode Island National Guard is retiring.
- 'No buzz, no whispers': Chafee's presidential bid a surprise Updated: Apr-10-15 1:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - From his former deputy, to a top aide, to lawmakers with whom he worked, no one knew Lincoln Chafee had presidential ambitions.
- Former RI governor considering 2016 campaign Updated: Apr-09-15 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee, who has often confounded the political establishment, said Thursday he had formed an exploratory committee to consider a Democratic presidential campaign and quickly labeled Hillary Rodham Clinton's 2002 vote to authorize the Iraq war a mistake.
- Congressman to introduce federal laws to protect consumers Updated: Apr-07-15 4:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The need for federal laws that would protect consumers from the effects of identity theft and data breaches is more pressing than ever, as Americans are becoming increasingly reliant on technology - and increasingly vulnerable to cybercrime - state officials said Tuesday.
- 2 killed in wrong-way crash in Providence, driver charged Updated: Apr-05-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island state police say a Massachusetts man is charged with drunken driving after two people were killed in a car he hit while going the wrong way on a highway.