- Senate OKs Gulf War memorial study resolution Updated: Apr-18-14 9:50 am
- House panel hears bill on pay day loan curbs Updated: Apr-16-14 3:31 pm
- Rhode Island Senate panel mulls gun-related bills Updated: Apr-15-14 9:28 pm
- Bill would create Rhode Island sales tax holidays Updated: Apr-15-14 2:35 pm
- Town sued over anonymous political literature ban Updated: Apr-15-14 12:31 pm
- Senate to honor 3 Providence basketball greats Updated: Apr-14-14 5:24 pm
- House approves hiking sex trafficking penalties Updated: Apr-13-14 5:22 pm
- Bill would allow otter hunting in Rhode Island Updated: Apr-10-14 11:46 am
- RI Ssenate approves special Bruins license plate Updated: Apr-09-14 11:07 am
- Senate panel considers bill to end 'master lever' Updated: Apr-08-14 7:35 pm
- Lawmakers pushing reduced Rhode Island sales tax Updated: Apr-08-14 4:58 pm
- Rhode Island K-9 teams to help at Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-05-14 9:46 am
- Sakonnet Bridge toll hike delay bill becomes law Updated: Apr-04-14 12:37 pm
- Climate change bill lays out Rhode Island response Updated: Apr-03-14 8:34 pm
- Rhode Island bill would ban plastic checkout bags Updated: Apr-02-14 7:52 pm
- Prospects appear dim for Rhode Island gun measures Updated: Mar-31-14 2:45 pm
- Freshman tapped to head municipal government panel Updated: Mar-28-14 4:26 pm
- Deputy whip faces questions over campaign reports Updated: Mar-28-14 3:26 pm
- RI State Police: Woman had $31K worth of heroin Updated: Mar-27-14 3:26 pm
- RI state police investigating prison employees Updated: Mar-27-14 6:15 am
- House majority leader elected Rhode Island speaker Updated: Mar-25-14 10:28 pm
- Top RI lawmaker: Hike texting-while-driving fines Updated: Mar-25-14 11:04 am
- Lawmaker confident in bid for Rhode Island speaker Updated: Mar-24-14 3:17 pm
- Democrats jockey to be Rhode Island House speaker Updated: Mar-23-14 10:12 am
- RI House Democrats maneuver after Fox raids Updated: Mar-21-14 8:37 pm
EXETER, Rhode Island - The state Senate is calling for a study that could lead to the establishment of a memorial to veterans of the Gulf Wars at the Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The House Finance Committee has heard testimony on a bill that would prohibit "pay day" lenders from charging as much as 260 percent interest on the loans.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island Senate committee took up gun legislation Tuesday, including a bill aimed at preventing people with severe mental illness from buying weapons and a proposal to ban the sale and possession of semi-automatic weapons.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill that would create two sales-tax holidays a year in Rhode Island is being heard by House lawmakers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is suing the town of Smithfield to keep it from enforcing a ban on anonymous political literature.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Three basketball legends who played at Providence College are being honored by the Rhode Island Senate.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House has approved legislation that increases penalties for the sex trafficking of a minor.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Otter hunting and trapping would be allowed in Rhode Island under proposed legislation that would overturn a decades-long ban.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has approved legislation that would create a special Boston Bruins license plate.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Senate legislative panel considered a bill Tuesday that would eliminate straight-ticket voting in Rhode Island, one of more than a dozen states that give voters the option of picking all the candidates of one party with a single ballot mark.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Rhode Island lawmakers launched a push Tuesday to lower the state's 7 percent sales tax, saying it would help spur the economy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island state police dogs trained to detect explosives will be helping to secure the route for this year's Boston Marathon.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation that pushes back the date at which Rhode Island's bridge authority can hike the 10-cent Sakonnet Bridge toll has become law without the governor's signature.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island faces a serious threat from climate change but should consider it an opportunity to become a national leader on this front, the head of a legislative panel on the environment said Thursday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Senate panel heard testimony Wednesday on a bill that, if enacted, would make Rhode Island the first state to ban the use of plastic checkout bags by grocery stores and other retailers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A renewed push to ban semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines in Rhode Island is facing difficult political hurdles in the General Assembly - the same obstacles that derailed the legislation last year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A freshman Democrat who served previously as an assistant Rhode Island attorney general has been named chairman of the House Municipal Government Committee.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello's deputy majority whip has a campaign finance case pending before the attorney general, but an aide said Friday the speaker didn't know it when he tapped the lawmaker for the post and that the issues are being addressed.
WEST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say a Providence woman has been charged with allegedly possessing over $31,000 worth of heroin.
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - The leader of Rhode Island's prison system has called in state police to investigate possible criminal acts by Department of Corrections employees.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's House majority leader has been elected speaker in a lopsided vote days after the abrupt resignation of one of the state government's most powerful figures.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The top lawmaker in the Rhode Island Senate is calling for increased fines for motorists caught texting while driving.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - In the scramble to fill a statehouse leadership vacuum after the surprise resignation of Rhode Island's House speaker, the chamber's majority leader claimed to have even more support Monday to win the job, a day ahead of an expected vote, and spoke of changes he'd consider if elected.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - House Majority Leader Nicholas Mattiello (mat-ee-EHL'-oh) has claimed he has enough votes to succeed Gordon Fox as Rhode Island speaker but a would-be challenger is denying that, saying he has lined up the necessary support.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island House Democrats are maneuvering and meeting to discuss what to do following federal and state law enforcement raids on House Speaker Gordon Fox's home and Statehouse office.