- RIDOT director expects truck tolls in 18-24 months Updated: Feb-12-16 3:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The head of the Rhode Island Department of Transportation says they are working to get the ball rolling on a new truck tolling and road maintenance program that became law this week.
- Police: 80 crashes reported across southern New England Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Authorities say about 80 crashes were reported across southern New England as the snowstorm created difficult driving conditions on the roadways.
- Rhode Island police trace 'robocall' bomb threats to Russia Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a string of bomb threats that targeted schools in three Rhode Island communities left an electronic trail leading to Russia.
- Rhode Island lawmakers to propose legalizing marijuana Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to legalize and tax recreational marijuana in Rhode Island is returning to the state's General Assembly after failing to pass in previous years.
- Rhode Island attorney general: Daily fantasy sports legal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Daily fantasy sports mix chance and skill and are legal under state law, the state's attorney general said Thursday.
- Police: Deaths of 2 women in Exeter not suspicious Updated: Feb-04-16 6:08 pm
EXETER, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say the deaths of two women found in their Exeter home do not appear to be suspicious.
- Police release investigations into prospective state judges Updated: Feb-03-16 3:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police have released for the first time background investigations into prospective state judges.
- Court denies appeal for mom convicted in daughter's death Updated: Feb-02-16 4:28 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's highest court won't hear an appeal from a North Kingstown woman convicted of killing her 8-year-old daughter after she refused to take a bath.
- Police: Woman broke into AG's office to speak with him Updated: Jan-25-16 4:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a Warwick woman who broke into the office of Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin wanted to speak with him about "several personal problems."
- Governor's tapping of college endowments raises alumni ire Updated: Jan-24-16 11:33 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is tapping college endowments to advance her policy agenda without taxpayers having to foot the bill, but the unconventional practice is raising the ire of some alumni, donors and lawmakers.
- House lawmakers to vote on charter school legislation Updated: Jan-24-16 11:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives is set to vote on legislation that would block public charter schools from being created or expanded without the support of all the cities and towns where the proposed school's students live.
- Truckers circle State House in noisy protest against tolls Updated: Jan-21-16 7:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Nearly 60 trucks converged on the Rhode Island State House in a noisy protest against Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo's plan to install highway truck tolls to raise money to repair the state's deteriorated bridges.
- Sex abuse scandal rocks exclusive New England prep school Updated: Jan-21-16 9:40 am
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - For more than a century, St. George's School has been part of the pedigree of some of America's richest and most influential families. Astors, Vanderbilts and Bushes have attended the exclusive boarding school, where students can go sailing, play on world-class squash courts or simply enjoy a sweeping view of the sea from the hilltop campus.
- Raimondo cancels Davos trip ahead of snowstorm Updated: Jan-20-16 6:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo has canceled her trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, to prepare for a snowstorm that could hit New England this weekend.
- State police close to concluding 38 Studios investigation Updated: Jan-18-16 7:03 am
- Lawmaker proclaims 2016 as the 'Year of the Veteran' Updated: Jan-16-16 9:56 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state lawmaker is proclaiming 2016 as the "Year of the Veteran" in Rhode Island.