- Attorney general sues over 10 percent health premium hike Updated: Sep-01-15 7:49 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general has sued the state's health insurance commissioner for allowing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island to hike premiums for some residents 10 percent.
- Officials: 28 Rhode Island bridges in critical condition Updated: Sep-01-15 3:31 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Transportation has completed its inspection of the state's 230 structurally deficient bridges.
- Stadium opponents rally at waterfront land eyed by PawSox Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - This land is your land. This land is my land.
- Rhode Island state troopers awarded retroactive pay bump Updated: Aug-25-15 1:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's unionized state police troopers have won 10 percent salary increases.
- RIDOT taking over underutilized commuter rail station Updated: Aug-24-15 4:40 pm
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Transportation is taking over an underutilized commuter rail station.
- Specter of 38 Studios looms over PawSox stadium proposal Updated: Aug-23-15 11:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The shadow of failed video game company 38 Studios comes up repeatedly as the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox make their pitch to build a stadium in Providence.
- Softball coaches' ex-treasurer charged with embezzlement Updated: Aug-22-15 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a former treasurer of the Rhode Island Fast Pitch Softball Coaches Association has been charged with embezzling from the organization.
- RI Gov. Raimondo vacations in New Hampshire with family Updated: Aug-19-15 2:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is heading to New Hampshire for a vacation with her family before resuming a normal schedule sometime next week.
- Legislator says he'll keep pushing for police body cameras Updated: Aug-09-15 12:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state legislator who is also a retired police officer said he will continue his push to require Rhode Island police officers to wear body cameras.
- RI attorney general opposes 10 percent insurance rate hike Updated: Aug-08-15 11:40 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general is opposing a 10 percent rate increase approved for a Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plan for some customers who pay for their own coverage.
- RI National Guard commander: Arming guardsmen not next step Updated: Aug-05-15 3:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The new commander of the Rhode Island National Guard says he would consider alternative strategies before allowing guardsmen to carry weapons.
- State police blast Cranston mayor for interference Updated: Aug-03-15 8:29 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A scathing report by state police accuses the mayor of Cranston of interfering with the city's police department amid his run for governor last year by publicly supporting disciplinary action against a city police captain, then working behind the scenes to reduce the discipline and delay announcing it until after the election.