- RI bill: cops could warn smokers in cars with kids Updated: Mar-06-14 11:40 am
- Rhode Island senator plans Iowa statehouse visit Updated: Mar-06-14 10:34 am
- RI lawmakers: let US take over health exchange Updated: Mar-05-14 2:49 pm
- Chafee to travel to Connecticut for Obama speech Updated: Mar-05-14 11:39 am
- RI bill seeks to change way lt. gov is elected Updated: Mar-05-14 11:19 am
- RI bill: Smartphones as proof of car insurance Updated: Mar-04-14 4:10 am
- Rhode Island State Police looking for recruits Updated: Mar-04-14 2:09 am
- Mass., Conn., RI governors. oppose military cuts Updated: Mar-01-14 1:13 pm
- RI lawmaker pitches tax cut for new businesses Updated: Mar-01-14 10:07 am
- RI bill would force Cox to keep call center in RI Updated: Feb-28-14 12:40 pm
- Sculptor's son wants RI conviction overturned Updated: Feb-27-14 7:19 am
- RI Assembly to mull mental records and gun checks Updated: Feb-25-14 5:43 pm
- RI transportation officials urge caution on roads Updated: Feb-21-14 12:34 am
- Another storm bringing more snow to RI Updated: Feb-18-14 2:29 pm
- Bill making calamari RI state appetizer resurfaces Updated: Feb-12-14 5:30 pm
- RI House OKs bill to spur 38 Studios settlements Updated: Feb-11-14 6:51 pm
- 2 RI lawmakers pitch 10 percent tax on guns Updated: Feb-09-14 3:47 pm
- ACLU blasts review of Facebook page on RI lawmaker Updated: Feb-07-14 12:49 pm
- RI lawmakers revisit EDC name change Updated: Feb-06-14 6:40 pm
- RI bill would restrict cellphone use while driving Updated: Feb-05-14 4:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation in the Rhode Island Senate would allow police to issue warnings to drivers who are seen smoking in a vehicle containing a young child.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A United States senator is coming to Iowa to advocate for action on climate change.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A group of state lawmakers in Rhode Island wants to prohibit the state from funding its new health insurance marketplace and let the federal government run the program instead.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed referendum being considered by Rhode Island lawmakers would change the state Constitution so a candidate for lieutenant governor runs on the same ticket as a candidate for governor.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Motorists would no longer have to rifle through their glove compartment for proof of auto insurance under legislation pending before Rhode Island lawmakers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island State Police are launching a drive to find new recruits for next year's training academy.
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are stepping up calls on President Barack Obama to scale back the proposed shrinking of the Army National Guard.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state lawmaker has a proposal to give broad seven-year tax exemptions to businesses relocating to Rhode Island.
WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island - A bill introduced in the Rhode Island General Assembly would force Cox Communications to continue to operate a customer service call center in Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The son of a noted sculptor is asking the Rhode Island Supreme Court to overturn his child molestation conviction.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island should provide some mental health records to the national firearm background check system to prevent violent, severely mentally ill people from purchasing firearms, a state task force recommended Tuesday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials are warning Rhode Island drivers to be cautious, saying melting snow combined with freezing rain overnight and limited salt supplies to treat road may result in treacherous conditions.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say they've assisted more than two dozen stranded motorists across the state during the latest burst of winter weather.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - There's another call to make Rhode Island-style calamari the Ocean State's official appetizer.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation designed to encourage settlements in the lawsuit against Curt Schilling over the collapse of 38 Studios passed the Rhode Island House Tuesday, but not before prompting another debate about whether the state should pay for its failed investment in the video game company.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 10 percent tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition has been proposed in Rhode Island's General Assembly.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the ACLU is blasting Attorney General Peter Kilmartin for his review of a state senator's Facebook lampooning of a fellow lawmaker, saying any suggestion of a criminal probe casts a pall over the exercise of First Amendment rights.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - When Rhode Island lawmakers voted last year to eliminate the state's beleaguered Economic Development Corp. and replace it with the Commerce Corp., critics dismissed the move as a mere name change.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation before the Rhode Island General Assembly would make it illegal to drive while using a hand-held cellphone.