- Flags to be lowered in honor of college shooting victims Updated: Oct-06-15 3:24 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is lowering its flags to be flown at half-staff to honor the nine people shot dead at an Oregon community college.
- State, US discuss possible settlement over drainage problems Updated: Oct-01-15 4:05 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island transportation officials and the U.S. Justice Department are negotiating a possible settlement of issues related to drainage and clean water rules.
- DOT director says he's making changes to fix agency Updated: Sep-30-15 3:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The director of the state Department of Transportation said Wednesday he's making changes to the agency, which has been called dysfunctional by the governor.
- Attorney General won't recuse himself from 38 Studios probe Updated: Sep-29-15 4:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin says he won't recuse himself from a criminal investigation of failed video game company 38 Studios even though he voted for the deal as a state representative.
- Brown announces new institute to combat child health issues Updated: Sep-28-15 4:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University is launching a new institute to combat childhood health issues and improve the health of kids worldwide, its president said Monday.
- Whitehouse: 38 Studios facts reminiscent of old Rhode Island Updated: Sep-28-15 11:41 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says the recent revelations in the lawsuit over the state's failed $75 million deal with Curt Schilling's video game company remind him of secrets and scandals of the past.
- RI state police: 3 Pennsylvania men arrested on gun charges Updated: Sep-26-15 12:03 pm
WEST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Rhode Island state police say three Pennsylvania men have been arrested on weapons charges after a traffic stop on Interstate 95.
- State Police investigate financially troubled fire district Updated: Sep-22-15 12:31 pm
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police are investigating a Lincoln fire district for what the town administrator says are potential financial improprieties.
- Rhode Island lawmakers skydive together for charity Updated: Sep-20-15 4:35 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - A group of Rhode Island lawmakers has taken a flying leap for charity.
- GOP files ethics complaint over Raimondo hiring ex-lawmaker Updated: Sep-16-15 3:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Republican Party filed a complaint with the state Ethics Commission on Wednesday over the administration's hiring of a former state representative.
- GOP lawmakers ask schools to oppose HPV vaccine mandate Updated: Sep-14-15 12:15 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Republican lawmakers are asking school districts to oppose a requirement that all middle school students in Rhode Island get the HPV vaccine.