- Kasich, Cruz to get some delegates despite Trump landslide Updated: Apr-28-16 10:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gave GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump his biggest majority of any state primary this year, but it's awarding a consolation prize that's a significant gain for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- State tells drivers to call 911 in emergencies, not *77 Updated: Apr-28-16 12:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Emergency management officials are telling Rhode Island drivers to stop using a cellphone number that was set up years ago to report highway emergencies.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Officials look to revive Providence-Newport ferry service Updated: Apr-20-16 4:36 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Department of Transportation officials are interested in bringing back a daily ferry service that would link Providence to Newport.
- Power plant protester refuses to leave State House, arrested Updated: Apr-19-16 8:42 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A protester refused to leave the State House over Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo's support of a proposed power plant in Burrillville and was arrested.
- Big Dig Lite? Rhode Island plans to cap Providence highway Updated: Apr-19-16 2:58 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Just don't call it a tunnel.
- Rhode Island bill would ban smoking on public beaches Updated: Apr-17-16 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill introduced in the Rhode Island General Assembly would ban smoking on the state's public beaches.
- Lawmaker seeks input on education needs of dyslexic children Updated: Apr-17-16 9:38 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island lawmaker is asking for input on how well the state teaches children with dyslexia.
- ACLU, advocates file complaint against Providence schools Updated: Apr-16-16 4:27 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union and local advocates have filed a complaint alleging the Providence School District doesn't provide adequate services to English language learners.
- Dueling Rhode Island bills would regulate Uber and Lyft Updated: Apr-15-16 6:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island could become the latest state to set rules for ride-hailing companies such as Uber and Lyft, but first lawmakers must come to agreement on dueling bills - one favored by Uber and the other by traditional taxi operators.
- Providence mayor bans travel to North Carolina, Mississippi Updated: Apr-15-16 4:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza has signed an executive order banning non-essential, city-funded travel to North Carolina and Mississippi because of laws passed there that critics call discriminatory against gay and transgender people.
- Rhode Island Senate passes bill to disclose child deaths Updated: Apr-14-16 5:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has unanimously passed a bill that would require the state to disclose more information about the deaths of children in state care.
- State police nearing end of prep school sex abuse probe Updated: Apr-13-16 5:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say they're nearing the end of an investigation into dozens of allegations of sexual abuse at an elite Rhode Island boarding school, although they don't have a timetable for when it will be completed.
- Transportation head apologizes for public meeting outburst Updated: Apr-13-16 4:38 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The director of the Rhode Island Department of Transportation has apologized for the way he fired back at criticism during a public meeting.
- 17 arrested in Rhode Island in Internet gambling ring bust Updated: Apr-12-16 9:15 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Seventeen people, including some notable athletes with professional experience, have been arrested in connection with an online gambling ring, Rhode Island State Police announced Tuesday.
- RI high court rules privacy outweighs access in Chafee case Updated: Apr-11-16 5:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Supreme Court ruled Monday that the right to privacy outweighs the public's right to know details of a state police investigation into the son of former Gov. Lincoln Chafee, who pleaded no contest to giving alcohol to underage people at a party on the governor's property in 2012.
- Former RI Gov. Chafee says Trump should run for governor Updated: Apr-08-16 3:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Former Democratic presidential candidate and Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee says Donald Trump should try running for governor of New York or some other office before attempting to become president.
- Rhode Island considers removing state sales tax on tampons Updated: Apr-07-16 6:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Lawmakers are considering legislation to exempt tampons and other feminine hygiene products from state sales taxes as a national push to abolish sales tax on tampons gathers steam.
- Raimondo says she won't ban travel to North Carolina Updated: Apr-06-16 7:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo says she won't ban state employees from traveling to North Carolina in protest of a new law that critics say is discriminatory.
- Lawmakers take on bill inspired by marathon bombing survivor Updated: Apr-05-16 6:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers inspired by a resident who lost a leg in the Boston Marathon bombings are moving forward on legislation to make victims of terrorist attacks eligible for compensation even if the attack happened outside the state.
- The Latest: Bill inspired by bombing survivor moves forward Updated: Apr-05-16 6:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Rhode Island's legislation to compensate victims of terrorist attacks (all times local):
- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker gets prison for tax refund scheme Updated: Apr-05-16 2:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Rhode Island state representative who admitted to running a scheme at his tax preparation business is headed to prison.
- Lawsuit claims state police violated man's civil rights Updated: Apr-05-16 4:31 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Central Falls man has filed a lawsuit against the Rhode Island State Police alleging that his civil rights were violated when he was assaulted by a trooper during a February 2014 traffic stop.
- Rhode Island AG to hold forum on legalizing marijuana Updated: Apr-03-16 11:08 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin is hosting a forum on marijuana regulation and policy that will focus on learning from states that have legalized the drug.
- State's high court to "ride the circuit," visit high school Updated: Apr-03-16 9:28 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Supreme Court will hear oral arguments at Smithfield High School in a tradition known as "riding the circuit."