- Republican lawmakers critical of Convention Center Authority Updated: May-27-15 3:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Republican lawmakers say the facilities operated by the Rhode Island Convention Center Authority are too often empty, managers there need to do more to control costs and their marketing plans aren't attracting enough new business.
- General Assembly leaders want to raise minimum wage to $9.60 Updated: May-27-15 11:12 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Leaders in the General Assembly have agreed to raise the minimum wage to $9.60.
- Kilmartin asks state to regulate marijuana oil manufacturing Updated: May-25-15 3:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's attorney general is asking the General Assembly to pass a bill prohibiting medical marijuana patients and caregivers from extracting a high-potency oil from marijuana.
- RI Senate approves expanding immunity in drug overdose cases Updated: May-21-15 6:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has approved a bill offering additional protections to people who seek emergency medical help when someone has overdosed.
- Rhode Island Senate approves bill to repeal outdated laws Updated: May-21-15 5:47 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has passed a bill aimed at getting rid of the state's outdated statutes.
- State Senate approves performance-based funding for colleges Updated: May-21-15 12:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate wants to tie new state aid for public colleges to the schools' performance.
- MBTA wants Rhode Island to pay $6M for rail line shortfall Updated: May-20-15 3:31 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The Massachusetts transit authority that also serves Rhode Island is seeking over $6 million from the Ocean State to cover losses on a commuter rail line.
- Mattiello: Lucchino interested in Providence for PawSox Updated: May-19-15 8:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello says Pawtucket Red Sox co-owner Larry Lucchino has reiterated his interest in building a stadium in Providence after the unexpected death this week of principal owner James Skeffington.
- Lawmaker adopts new strategy to combat campus sexual assault Updated: May-19-15 6:15 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island lawmaker changed her strategy for trying to address sexual assaults on college campuses.
- Lawmakers want to toughen time served for convicted killers Updated: May-15-15 3:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island bill designed to prevent convicted murderers from winning early release doesn't go far enough to punish offenders but it's a start, several state lawmakers say.
- Rhode Island House OKs 3 bills to reform mail ballot process Updated: May-10-15 5:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives has passed three bills to reform the mail ballot process during state elections.
- Kilmartin warns consumers of fake tech support scam Updated: May-09-15 1:40 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general is warning about the resurgence of a scam where consumers receive unsolicited phone calls from individuals claiming to be technical support staff from a virus protection software company.
- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker convicted of drunken driving Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A judge has found a former Rhode Island state senator guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Rhode Island State Police take kids on West Point field trip Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
- Lawmaker calls for transparency in taxpayer-funded projects Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island House member is calling for financial transparency from private companies that seek taxpayer assistance.
- Statehouse candidate: Use of school email 'honest mistake' Updated: Apr-28-15 4:20 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A principal and sister of a Rhode Island congressman admits she made a mistake after an ethics complaint accused her of using school resources to further her Statehouse campaign.