- Man charged in Tenn. with killing wife arrested in W.Va. Updated: May-21-15 7:37 am
BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia - West Virginia authorities have arrested a Tennessee man charged with running over and killing his wife with a pickup truck.
- Academic experts to address W.Va. tax reform committee Updated: May-18-15 2:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A legislative committee reviewing West Virginia's tax code will hear from a panel of academic experts at its next meeting.
- Billionaire Justice aims to self-fund in W.Va. governor race Updated: May-17-15 1:30 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Three decades after Republicans dared Jay Rockefeller to "spend it all" in a campaign for governor, billionaire businessman Jim Justice will help bankroll his own Democratic run for the state's top executive job.
- W.Va. justices: Pharmacies, doctors can by sued by addicts Updated: May-15-15 11:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Pharmacies and doctors who negligently prescribed pain medication can be sued for enabling people's addictions, the West Virginia Supreme Court ruled.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: May-13-15 6:42 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- W.Va. State Police vehicle, guns stolen during traffic stop Updated: May-12-15 5:37 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say one of its vehicles along with two guns and an officer's badge were stolen during a traffic stop.
- Justice announces 2016 Democratic bid for W.Va. governor Updated: May-11-15 6:26 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Surrounded by employees from his resort, his family and the youth basketball players he coaches, billionaire businessman Jim Justice kicked off a Democratic campaign Monday for governor of West Virginia.
- Feds reviewing W.Va. teen's fatal shooting by state trooper Updated: May-08-15 11:56 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing a West Virginia state trooper's fatal shooting of a Mercer County teenager.
- Logan High School teacher-coach accused in sex abuse case Updated: May-07-15 5:45 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have charged a teacher and assistant basketball coach at Logan High School in a sex abuse case.
- Corridor H project yields $74k in water pollution fines Updated: May-07-15 2:29 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Corridor H highway project has yielded about $74,000 in West Virginia environmental fines for water pollution violations.
- Pit bull at center of W.Va. Supreme Court case euthanized Updated: May-03-15 1:04 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Authorities have euthanized a pit bull that was at the center of a West Virginia Supreme Court case involving municipal court powers.
- West Virginia University board approves tuition increases Updated: May-01-15 3:52 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia University's Board of Governors has approved a tuition increase of nearly 10 percent for in-state students.
- Marshall board approves simplified tuition, fee structure Updated: Apr-30-15 3:11 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University is simplifying its tuition and fee structure.
- Tomblin says he hasn't decided on possible congressional bid Updated: Apr-27-15 4:38 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin says he has been asked about running for Congress, and hasn't decided either way yet.
- W.Va. court denies appeals by couple convicted in 3 slayings Updated: Apr-26-15 12:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court has denied appeals by a Webster County couple convicted of charges stemming from the slayings of three people.