- Man killed after firing crossbow at police in Summers County Updated: Jul-03-15 10:07 am
MEADOW BRIDGE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say officers fatally shot a man in Summers County after he fired a crossbow at them.
- W.Va. attorney general settles with Nationwide for $5.75M Updated: Jul-02-15 4:16 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has reached a $5.75 million settlement with Nationwide Insurance regarding a discount on certain insurance products for West Virginia Farm Bureau members.
- Beshear golfs with Tiger Woods in West Virginia Updated: Jul-01-15 2:45 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear played golf with Tiger Woods on Wednesday.
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam to headline West Virginia GOP event Updated: Jul-01-15 3:14 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is slated to headline an event next month for the West Virginia Republican Party.
- Amid prevailing wage hiatus, W.Va. GOP leader may eye repeal Updated: Jun-30-15 3:27 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's prevailing wage for public construction projects is temporarily disappearing as of Wednesday, and Senate President Bill Cole says Republicans could scrap the wage altogether next year if it's not reconfigured how they envisioned.
- About 30 people cited for drag racing in Logan County Updated: Jun-28-15 1:05 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have cited about 30 people in connection with drag racing in Logan County.
- West Virginia reacts to gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 12:50 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia officials are reacting to the Supreme Court's historic ruling that says same-sex couples have the right to marry in all 50 states. Same-sex marriages in West Virginia had already been legal for months due to lower-court decisions.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 12:09 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- State police investigate payout to ex-Huntington chief Updated: Jun-24-15 9:28 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A payout issued to a former Huntington police chief by Mayor Steve Williams is being investigated by the West Virginia State Police.
- W.Va. reaches settlement with Va.-based car title lender Updated: Jun-24-15 2:58 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's attorney general says a car title lender has agreed to forgive nearly $2.4 million in debt owed by 435 state residents.
- Court: Unclaimed life insurance policies must be turned over Updated: Jun-17-15 4:46 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court has ruled that life insurance companies have a responsibility to determine whether a policy holder has died and - if no one claims the proceeds - turn over their policy as unclaimed property.
- W.Virginia court overturns order for destruction of pit bull Updated: Jun-17-15 1:56 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Magistrates and circuit courts in West Virginia cannot assume a dog is vicious and order its destruction because of its breed, the West Virginia Supreme Court has ruled.
- West Virginia AG Morrisey opts against running for governor Updated: Jun-16-15 5:14 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey said Tuesday that he won't run for governor, potentially helping the newly empowered state GOP sidestep a bruising primary next year.
- W.Va. Senate doorkeeper dies after brain cancer fight Updated: Jun-16-15 3:59 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Senate doorkeeper Tony Gallo has died after battling brain cancer. He was 79.
- 2 troopers hurt in Clay County crash with escaped suspect Updated: Jun-16-15 6:26 am
BIG OTTER, West Virginia - Two West Virginia State Police troopers and a motorcyclist are recovering after a car accident in Big Otter.
- Beth Walker announces candidacy for W.Va. Supreme Court Updated: Jun-12-15 7:16 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Morgantown resident Beth Walker says she'll seek a state Supreme Court seat next year.
- W.Va. state trooper recuperating after attack; man charged Updated: Jun-12-15 2:43 am
PRINCETON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have charged a man with attacking a trooper at a Walmart in Princeton.
- W.Va. and Va. complete US 219 bridge replacement project Updated: Jun-08-15 7:19 am
PETERSTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia and Virginia have completed a bridge replacement project on U.S. 219.