- Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania combine on gas drilling Updated: Oct-13-15 5:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania on Tuesday agreed to cooperate in attracting shale gas development and jobs to their region over the next three years rather than compete with each other.
- Police use stun gun on suspect during campus disturbance Updated: Oct-07-15 4:31 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Police have arrested a man who officers say caused a disturbance on the Marshall University campus while possibly intoxicated.
- West Virginia files complaint over Volkswagen emissions Updated: Oct-05-15 10:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Attorney General's Office has filed a civil complaint against Volkswagen of America, Inc. over the automaker's emissions-rigging scandal.
- Couple challenge forfeiture of assets in criminal case Updated: Oct-03-15 12:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Jackson County couple is challenging the forfeiture of their farm, more than 40 firearms and other assets, arguing that a circuit court judge erred when he found that the items were connected to illegal drug activity.
- Hunt announces candidacy for West Virginia attorney general Updated: Oct-01-15 8:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former West Virginia Delegate Mark Hunt is joining the 2016 race for attorney general.
- W.Va. officials: Prevailing wage marks dip slightly overall Updated: Sep-30-15 5:33 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - After a political fight left West Virginia without a minimum wage for contractors on public construction projects for months, new rates put in place Wednesday will decrease pay for most of those jobs only slightly, state officials said.
- West Virginia police fatally shoot suspect on interstate Updated: Sep-30-15 1:19 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A man wanted in the slaying of a woman whose body was found outside a Goodwill donation center in Georgia was fatally shot during a pursuit on the West Virginia Turnpike, police said.
- W.Va. State Police investigating discovery of burned body Updated: Sep-30-15 6:19 am
PROCTOR, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police are investigating the discovery of a body on fire in the Northern Panhandle.
- WVU board approves new master's degree program Updated: Sep-26-15 9:58 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's Board of Governors has approved a new master's degree in business data analysis.
- Supreme Court sends Tough Mudder lawsuit to Berkeley County Updated: Sep-24-15 4:22 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court has ruled that a lawsuit filed over a man's death at an endurance event must be tried in the county where he died.
- Gun-friendly West Virginia eyes adding new Capitol security Updated: Sep-22-15 3:09 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginians can carry firearms to many city swimming pools, tennis courts and afterschool centers under gun protections okayed by state lawmakers and their governor in 2014. Now those officials in the gun-friendly state are debating whether to ratchet up security at their own Capitol.
- Bill Clinton to headline annual West Virginia Dems dinner Updated: Sep-18-15 11:19 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton is returning to West Virginia to headline the biggest annual dinner for the state's Democrats.
- Judge: AG office doesn't have to release records to Gazette Updated: Sep-17-15 1:54 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A judge says the attorney general's office doesn't have to give records from a health care case to The Charleston Gazette, which is now The Charleston Gazette-Mail.
- Favor for new roads cash grows, W.Va. budget lawmaker says Updated: Sep-15-15 4:10 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A top Republican lawmaker says momentum is growing to raise more money to fix and build roads.