- Ely BLM taking applications for summer fire work Updated: Dec-06-13 6:13 am
- Arson investigated at Colorado office of BLM Updated: Dec-05-13 12:19 pm
- Crews make rare dinosaur find in Montana Updated: Dec-02-13 4:36 pm
- BLM considers leasing parcels in Rio Arriba County Updated: Nov-29-13 7:38 am
- N. Dakota leads region in federal oil, gas leases Updated: Nov-25-13 4:23 pm
- BLM seems public comment on drilling plan Updated: Nov-25-13 11:25 am
- Oregon BLM proposes sage grouse protection plan Updated: Nov-22-13 9:12 pm
- BLM okay's Ruby Pipeline again after new review Updated: Nov-22-13 12:48 pm
- BLM wild horse roundup planned for SW Wyoming Updated: Nov-21-13 6:32 pm
- Mead: Camp Guernsey won't try to grab ranch land Updated: Nov-19-13 10:19 am
- Correction: Burning Man-Lawsuit story Updated: Nov-14-13 4:13 pm
- BLM seeks comment on Pine Nut Mountains plan Updated: Nov-10-13 8:28 pm
- Obama nominates Kornze to be BLM director Updated: Nov-08-13 6:13 am
- State, BLM announce lease sale results Updated: Nov-07-13 5:52 pm
- Feds collect $168K from exploding target fire Updated: Nov-07-13 1:52 pm
ELY, Nevada - Federal officials in Ely are accepting applications for seasonal wildfire suppression work in Caliente, Ely and Pony Springs.
DENVER - An investigation was underway by federal and other authorities after someone smashed computers and other equipment and set fire to the federal Bureau of Land Management office in Gunnison.
HELENA, Montana - Federal officials say paleontology crews in southeastern Montana excavated the remains of a dinosaur rarely found in North America.
TAOS, New Mexico - Federal land managers are proposing to lease nearly 21 square miles for potential oil and natural gas development in Rio Arriba County.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Developers have bought the oil and gas rights to about three-fourths of the available federal land in western North Dakota, pushing prices to record levels despite industry complaints that the federal permitting process is still too onerous to immediately develop the land.
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is seeking public comment on a proposal from an energy company to drill an exploratory well south of Rock Springs.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has proposed a range of protections for the greater sage grouse across 10 million acres of federal lands in Eastern Oregon.
RENO, Nevada - Federal land managers intend to reissue a right of way for a 678-mile mile natural gas pipeline from Wyoming to Oregon now that government scientists have completed a second environmental review they say corrects deficiencies in the first one struck down by a U.S. appeals court.
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - The Bureau of Land Management is planning to begin gathering wild horses in southwest Wyoming this week.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead says state military officials won't try to expand a central Wyoming training site if ranchers currently using the land object.
RENO, Nevada - In a story Nov. 11 about security and insurance costs at the Burning Man counterculture festival, The Associated Press erroneously reported the terms of the agreement. The agreement estimates Burning Man will pay $240,000 a year over 10 years to Pershing County, with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management's share covered in a separate agreement, not more than $600,000 a year to the county and BLM. Burning Man would be required to maintain up to $1 million in insurance coverage in the separate BLM agreement, not the agreement with the county.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Federal land managers are accepting public comment on a project aimed at reducing the fire danger to people and homes along the Pine Nut Mountains near Minden.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The latest state and federal oil and gas lease sales generated about $8.5 million.
BOISE, Idaho - The federal government said Thursday it is collecting $168,500 to cover fire suppression costs after an Illinois man ignited a 440-acre blaze in central Idaho in 2012 while shooting at an exploding target.