- Timber industry lawsuit demands more BLM logging Updated: Mar-07-14 7:40 pm
- Wyoming coal sale hiatus takes hold in weak market Updated: Mar-07-14 3:27 pm
- Cameco uranium mine proposal given final OK by BLM Updated: Mar-07-14 11:49 am
- Desert plants replaced after power line completion Updated: Mar-06-14 3:10 pm
- BLM crews to clear brush to combat smuggling Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 am
- BLM oil and gas lease sale nets more than $31M Updated: Feb-28-14 5:04 am
- Official: Elko County panel violated meeting law Updated: Feb-27-14 1:17 pm
- AP Newsbreak: Internal BLM memo shows mustang woes Updated: Feb-22-14 1:31 pm
- BLM creating full-time Burning Man job Updated: Feb-21-14 7:05 am
- Agency says man killed by 2 rangers made threats Updated: Feb-20-14 6:37 pm
- Little of federal horse budget spent on fertility Updated: Feb-19-14 5:57 pm
- Nevada Highway Patrol: Trooper didn't fire on man Updated: Feb-19-14 3:52 pm
- BLM seeks volunteers for Utah raptor nest survey Updated: Feb-18-14 5:09 am
- Lawsuits seek to block Las Vegas water pipeline Updated: Feb-12-14 5:39 pm
- Comment sought on Colorado River project Updated: Feb-11-14 9:43 am
- DeFazio says timberland trust has little chance Updated: Feb-06-14 6:44 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Another timber industry lawsuit is demanding that the U.S. Bureau of Land Management increase logging on the so-called O&C lands of Western Oregon.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Diminished demand for coal to generate electricity effectively has achieved an environmentalist goal of suspending sales of federal coal reserves in Wyoming's Powder River Basin.
LANDER, Wyoming - The Bureau of Land Management has given final approval for a uranium mine in Fremont County.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - NV Energy workers have spent the past three years digging up Joshua trees, yucca plants and cactuses that were growing under the 135-mile final section of the power transmission line joining Northern and Southern Nevada.
PHOENIX - Bureau of Land Management crews with assist from the Arizona Department of Transportation are clearing brush and trees along portions of Interstate 8 east of Gila Bend in an effort to combat smuggling.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Bureau of Land Management's latest oil and gas lease sale has netted more than $31 million.
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County Commission violated the state's open meeting law by giving improper notice involving an agenda item last fall and should change the way it does business, the Nevada attorney general's office said in a legal opinion.
RENO, Nevada - The head of the government's $70 million wild-horse management program warned last summer that it is headed for financial collapse unless "drastic changes" are made in the decades-old roundup policy she said could be setting U.S. rangeland-improvement goals back 20 years.
RENO, Nevada - The Bureau of Land Management is creating its full-time position dedicated to the annual Burning Man event in northern Nevada's Black Rock Desert.
LAS VEGAS - A 20-year-old Los Angeles man who was shot dead by Bureau of Land Management rangers on a highway outside Las Vegas made threats to kill and tried to grab a rifle from a Nevada Highway Patrol vehicle, federal officials said Thursday.
RENO, Nevada - The government spent less than 1 percent of its wild horse management budget on contraception programs and more than 60 percent on horse holding facilities last fiscal year despite a pledge to step up use of fertility control as an alternative to controversial roundups of overpopulated mustang herds on U.S. rangelands, agency records show.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Highway Patrol says a trooper at the scene of a shooting that left a Los Angeles man dead did not fire his weapon.
VERNAL, Utah - The Bureau of Land Management is looking for volunteers to help with an annual inventory of raptor nests in northeastern and central Utah this spring.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - An environmental group and a coalition of rural interests filed separate federal lawsuits Wednesday seeking to block a massive water pipeline that would pump billions of gallons of water from beneath remote valleys along the Nevada-Utah line and ship it to Las Vegas.
KREMMLING, Colorado - The federal Bureau of Land Management is asking for public comment on an environmental assessment of the proposed Gore Canyon Whitewater Park at the Pumphouse Recreation Site on the upper Colorado River.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio has told a Senate hearing that he recognizes there's little hope of enacting a law that puts federal timberlands into a trust as the process to boost logging and timber county revenues in western Oregon.