- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia Updated: Aug-01-15 11:49 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - A Coast Guard crew rescued a mother and daughter after their boat capsized off Georgia's coast.
- Search continues for Illinois woman in Lake Michigan Updated: Aug-01-15 11:43 am
PORTER, Indiana - Indiana Conservation Officers and the Coast Guard are searching for a 20-year-old Illinois woman on Lake Michigan after rescuing two other women she was swimming with.
- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- 'Gut-wrenching' decision: Search for teens suspended Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - After hundreds of rescue workers fanned out across a massive swath of the Atlantic for a full week, the Coast Guard's search for two teenage fishermen ended Friday, a heart-rending decision for families so convinced the boys could be alive they're pressing on with their own hunt.
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Coast Guard honors teenage plane crash survivor Updated: Jul-31-15 7:50 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the teenage survivor of a plane crash near Juneau for helping other passengers and attracting the attention of rescuers.
- Bollinger's 14th Fast Response Cutter sent to US Coast Guard Updated: Jul-31-15 4:52 pm
LOCKPORT, Louisiana - A Lockport-based ship building company announced that its latest vessel has been delivered to the U.S. Coast Guard in Key West, Florida.
- Authorities identify body pulled from Mississippi River Updated: Jul-31-15 3:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has positively identified the body found floating in the Mississippi River earlier this week as that of 42-year-old Dave Hebron.
- Pleasure boat taking on water off Louisiana found, towed Updated: Jul-31-15 8:35 am
CAMERON, Louisiana - The Coast Guard says a boat reported sinking in the Gulf of Mexico off Louisiana has been safely towed to shore and one passenger was treated for minor injuries.
- Scientist: Oil slick likely from natural seafloor seepage Updated: Jul-30-15 10:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Coast Guard officials say it will likely be a couple more days before they can definitively say what caused a miles-long oil slick to materialize off the Santa Barbara County coast this week, but an expert said Thursday it was more than likely the result of ocean-floor seepage.
- Coast Guard continues search for overdue paddle boarder Updated: Jul-30-15 7:05 pm
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard says it's continuing to search for a paddle boarder who is overdue for arrival in South Carolina.
- 2 cruise ship workers injured while docked in Hilo Updated: Jul-29-15 4:24 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Officials say two crewmembers of Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America were seriously injured while working aboard the ship when it was docked in the port of Hilo.
- Bodies of father, son located in Brazos River, no foul play Updated: Jul-29-15 2:01 pm
FREEPORT, Texas - The Coast Guard says the bodies of a father and his adult son have been found in the Brazos (BRAZ'-uhs) River after both disappeared while fishing near Freeport.
- Coast Guard rescues injured woman after boat runs aground Updated: Jul-29-15 9:43 am
CHINCOTEAGUE, Virginia - A Coast Guard crew has rescued an injured woman after a pleasure boat ran aground in Tom's Cove at Chincoteague Island.
- Over 600 baby sea turtles get 2nd chance, released in ocean Updated: Jul-28-15 5:16 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - It was a turtle emancipation.
- Upper Houston Ship Channel reopens after diesel spill Updated: Jul-28-15 12:03 pm
HOUSTON - A stretch of the upper Houston Ship Channel has reopened after about 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled and forced a three-hour closure.
- Coast Guard searches for missing paddle boarder Updated: Jul-28-15 5:55 am
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a man who went missing while paddle boarding off of Florida's Atlantic coast.
- Coast Guard ends Kachemak Bay search after boaters call in Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A boat reported missing in Kachemak Bay is out of danger.
- Coast Guard urges safety after boat hits Chicago breakwall Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
CHICAGO - The U.S. Coast Guard is urging boaters to be mindful of safety after a recreational vessel hit a Chicago breakwall over the weekend.
- Coast Guard will help release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Coast Guard is going to help over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Police ID 2 women killed when boat hits bridge abutment Updated: Jul-26-15 5:08 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Police have identified two women who died after a 37-foot boat collided with a concrete abutment that protects the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore.
- Body found in Detroit River, 3 days after man's disappears Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. Coast Guard says boaters have found a man's body in the Detroit River.
- Body of 1 missing swimmer recovered in Md. Updated: Jul-26-15 12:49 pm
LUSBY, Maryland - Authorities have recovered the body of a swimmer who went missing near Cove Point Light Station in Lusby.
- Rescuers recover body of missing boater in Maryland Updated: Jul-25-15 6:07 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Investigators located the body of a boater who was missing after an accident in the Wicomico River near Salisbury.
- Mystery beach blast in Rhode Island blamed on hydrogen gas Updated: Jul-24-15 7:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A mysterious blast on a Rhode Island beach likely was caused by the combustion of hydrogen gas that had built up because of a corroded copper cable under the sand, investigators announced Friday.