- Coast Guard flies injured fisherman off boat near San Juans Updated: Aug-27-15 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - The Coast Guard flew an injured fisherman off a boat near San Juan Island on Thursday.
- Phony distress call leads to 1-year prison sentence Updated: Aug-27-15 2:03 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine man whose phony mayday call led to a seven-hour search by the U.S. Coast Guard was sentenced Thursday to a year in prison, and federal prosecutors said they hoped the penalty sends a message to other potential pranksters.
- Judge tosses lawsuit over removal of Grand Haven cross Updated: Aug-26-15 5:25 pm
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - A lawsuit opposing a western Michigan community's decision to remove a 48-foot cross from city-owned land has been dismissed.
- Coast Guard rescues man off Ocean City Updated: Aug-26-15 9:23 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued a man who injured his hand while aboard a commercial fishing vessel.
- Coast Guard searching for missing diver near Cape Flattery Updated: Aug-25-15 8:19 pm
CAPE FLATTERY, Washington - The Coast Guard is searching for a missing diver near Cape Flattery.
- Woman spotted in water delays Edmonds ferry Updated: Aug-25-15 10:40 am
EDMONDS, Washington - The early sailing of the Edmonds-Kingston ferry was delayed after the Coast Guard received reports of a woman in the water near the boat.
- 328-foot freighter runs aground in Delaware River Updated: Aug-25-15 8:34 am
PHILADELPHIA - A freighter has run aground in the Delaware River south of Philadelphia.
- Towboat capsizes in Neches River near Port Arthur Updated: Aug-21-15 11:34 pm
PORT ARTHUR, Texas - The Coast Guard is restricting shipping along a section of the Neches River near Port Arthur after a towboat capsized.
- Oil-covered Santa Barbara County beach closed down Updated: Aug-21-15 11:23 pm
SUMMERLAND, California - Santa Barbara County health officials have closed a beach that is covered with oil.
- Authorities suspend search for boaters after boat found Updated: Aug-20-15 3:17 pm
SOUTH HERO, Vermont - Authorities have suspended the search for what they believe could be missing boaters after a vessel was discovered near a Vermont park.
- After blast, RI asks Coast Guard to remove old power lines Updated: Aug-20-15 1:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo wants the Coast Guard to remove abandoned power cables near state beaches after a corroded copper cable was identified as the likely cause of an explosion that injured a beachgoer.
- New Coast Guard ship open for tours in Baltimore Updated: Aug-20-15 6:31 am
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Coast Guard ship James will be open for public tours in Baltimore.
- 65 Cuban migrants returned home by Coast Guard Updated: Aug-20-15 3:17 am
MIAMI - U.S. Coast Guard officials say 65 Cuban migrants have been returned to BahÃa de CabaÃ±as, Cuba after having been discovered at sea.
- 2 Providence tugboats found floating adrift near Fall River Updated: Aug-19-15 2:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Providence-based tugboats have been safely moored after they were found unmanned and adrift in Mount Hope Bay.
- Coast Guard rescues man from Appalachian Trail Updated: Aug-19-15 6:14 am
DELAWARE WATER GAP, Pennsylvania - A Coast Guard helicopter crew from Atlantic City rescued an injured man from the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania.
- Coast Guard Cutter Eagle to open up for tours Updated: Aug-18-15 3:58 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - The U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Eagle will be opened up for public tours in Portsmouth.
- Rower who crossed Atlantic rescued off North Carolina Updated: Aug-17-15 4:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An American rower who crossed the Atlantic to raise AIDS awareness was rescued off North Carolina while rowing north on the final leg of the journey up the East Coast.
- Coast Guard, bystanders rescue surfer near Cape Kiwanda Updated: Aug-17-15 9:02 am
TILLAMOOK, Oregon - The Coast Guard says a 22-year-old surfer has been rescued near Cape Kiwanda on the Oregon coast.
- Port Huron Float Down takes place amid safety concerns Updated: Aug-16-15 6:40 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - The annual Port Huron Float Down has taken place amid concerns about safety of the unsanctioned event.
- Pacific search called off for pilot of experimental plane Updated: Aug-14-15 11:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Coast Guard in Northern California says it has found debris from an experimental aircraft that plummeted into the Pacific, but it has ended the search for the pilot who was apparently unconscious before it crashed.
- Insanity finding ends crash case at Coast Guard station Updated: Aug-14-15 5:48 pm
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - A judge has accepted an insanity claim by a man charged with making a bomb threat and crashing his pickup truck at a U.S. Coast Guard station in western Michigan.
- 7 Greenpeace activists fined for Oregon icebreaker protest Updated: Aug-14-15 1:46 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Another two Greenpeace protesters who tried to stop a Royal Dutch Shell icebreaker from leaving Portland, Oregon, for an Arctic oil-drilling operation have been fined $5,000 by the Coast Guard.
- Coast Guard finds missing boat with 4 onboard Updated: Aug-13-15 4:16 pm
WINCHESTER BAY, Oregon - Coast Guard crews have found a boat with two children and two adults onboard after it went missing off Winchester Bay in Oregon.
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing crewman Updated: Aug-13-15 5:49 am
BAYONNE, New Jersey - The Coast Guard has suspended its search for a crewman who went missing from a ship.
- W.Va. Coast Guard member pleads guilty to faking own death Updated: Aug-13-15 5:40 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A West Virginia man has pleaded guilty to faking his death to desert from the U.S. Coast Guard.