- Coast Guard seeks pollution source in SC marinas Updated: Apr-20-14 12:16 pm
- Delay in ferry evacuation puzzles maritime experts Updated: Apr-20-14 8:28 am
- Coast Guard rescues sailor near Port Townsend Updated: Apr-19-14 8:49 pm
- Judge rejects witness in Kodiak Coast Guard trial Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Cargo ship refloated after being grounded in Va. Updated: Apr-18-14 4:43 pm
- Coast Guard cutter heading home to Va. waters Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Woman, teenager found dead in Lake Erie; 2 missing Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 pm
- 1 dead, 1 injured in California boating accident Updated: Apr-17-14 5:42 pm
- Sweet Olive declared a nuisance Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 am
- Suspect's interview played in Kodiak murder trial Updated: Apr-16-14 9:30 pm
- Cargo ship runs aground in windy Chesapeake Bay Updated: Apr-16-14 5:38 pm
- Shipping season opens in Marquette's Upper Harbor Updated: Apr-16-14 11:47 am
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 10:55 am
- Shipping hampered by ice on St. Lawrence Seaway Updated: Apr-16-14 3:04 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship taking on water Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 am
- 751-foot ship grounded in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Apr-15-14 11:43 pm
- BP: Shore clean-up after Gulf oil spill ends in La Updated: Apr-15-14 10:44 pm
- Officers train in SC for US-Canadian border patrol Updated: Apr-15-14 5:39 pm
- Coast Guard: Sewage spilled at Sand Island Updated: Apr-15-14 3:07 pm
- Coast Guard officer accused of Wisconsin assault Updated: Apr-15-14 2:22 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:58 pm
- Coast Guard leader champions Connecticut museum Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:04 pm
- Ailing man rescued from boat off Del. coast Updated: Apr-15-14 6:25 am
- NY updates oil spill preparedness plans Updated: Apr-15-14 3:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Coast Guard is looking for the source of pools of thick, purple pollution in Charleston waters.
MOKPO, South Korea - It is a decision that has maritime experts stumped and is at odds with standard procedure: Why were the passengers of the doomed South Korean ferry told to stay in their rooms rather than climb on deck?
PORTLAND, Oregon - The U.S. Coast Guard rescued a sailor whose boat capsized six miles north of Port Townsend, Washington
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate known as "Eyeball" will not be taking the stand for the defense in a Kodiak Coast Guard double homicide case - at least for now - after a judge ruled Friday there's no proven connection between him and the case.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A 751-foot cargo ship that ran aground in the Chesapeake Bay has been refloated.
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - A Coast Guard cutter is heading back to Virginia waters after intercepting more than $100 million in cocaine in the Caribbean.
TOLEDO, Ohio - The bodies of two of four missing boaters were recovered in western Lake Erie on Thursday, a day after the group left for an afternoon of fishing and sent pictures to relatives.
SAN FRANCISCO - What was intended to be a fun night of sailing turned deadly as one person was killed and another seriously injured when their sailboat collided with a channel marker buoy in the San Francisco Bay, authorities said Thursday.
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The fate of the Sweet Olive, which took tourists on tours of the Mississippi River for nine years, is in the hands of Mack Varner, Vicksburg's Community Court judge.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard civilian charged with killing two co-workers at a Kodiak communications station told an FBI agent he was late getting to work the day of the deaths because he returned home to change a soft tire, but he had no explanation for why the trip of a few miles should have taken more than 34 minutes.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A thunderstorm with wind gusts of more than 70 mph ripped a cargo ship's anchors from the seafloor and caused it to run aground just a few hundred feet from a beach, drawing onlookers from nearby condos and apartments Wednesday morning.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The shipping season is open in Marquette's Upper Harbor following help from two U.S. Coast Guard ice-breakers.
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of a tow boat that ran aground Tuesday in Lake Pontchartrain said high waves pushed by a passing storm front broke a line connecting the vessel and a barge it was pushing.
CLAYTON, New York - Huge chunks of ice are causing problems on the Saint Lawrence Seaway even though the shipping season started two weeks ago.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crewmembers aboard an uninspected towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A large ship has gone aground in the lower Chesapeake Bay and the Coast Guard says it has received reports of other ships dragging anchor due to high winds.
NEW ORLEANS - Just days before the fourth anniversary of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster and oil spill, the Coast Guard moved cleanup of Louisiana's coast to a new phase Tuesday, allowing BP to end its "active" efforts in the area.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Mounted Police are training together in South Carolina and then riding along with each other to patrol waterways along the United-States-Canadian border, checking for everything from safety violations to drug and cigarette running.
HONOLULU - U.S. Coast Guard officials say a ship docked at Sand Island dumped about 4,800 gallons of sewage into the ocean because a valve was left open.
MILWAUKEE - A U.S. Coast Guard officer will face a military hearing on allegations that he had abusive sexual contact with a female colleague while stationed in Milwaukee, the Coast Guard said Tuesday.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a Japanese crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, Adm. Robert Papp Jr. has made it a priority to develop a national museum dedicated to the maritime service.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a 23-year-old crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
LEWES, Delaware - The Coast Guard has rescued a man who needed medical attention from a fishing boat off Delaware.
ALBANY, New York - State and federal environmental officials in New York are changing the way they prepare for oil spills.