- Battle over new US-Canada bridge moves to court Updated: Mar-08-14 9:53 am
- Coast Guard begins ice breaking on Lake Superior Updated: Mar-08-14 6:14 am
- Kodiak spouse in running for national award Updated: Mar-08-14 5:56 am
- Oil tanker strikes NH-Maine bridge pier, bridge OK Updated: Mar-07-14 1:34 pm
- Son of rescued migrant to serve on military boat Updated: Mar-07-14 10:55 am
- Ketchikan man convicted of Coast Guard assault Updated: Mar-07-14 9:02 am
- Crews searching for man missing off Ala coast Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 am
- Ky. sues crew of barge that collapsed bridge Updated: Mar-06-14 8:25 pm
- Woman rescued after ordeal in cold California bay Updated: Mar-06-14 12:20 pm
- Dog rescued by US Coast Guard reunited with owners Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 am
- Correction: Frozen Great Lakes story Updated: Mar-05-14 6:11 pm
- Tons of cocaine seized at sea brought to San Diego Updated: Mar-05-14 2:10 pm
- Coast Guard rescues dog from ice on Lake St. Clair Updated: Mar-05-14 10:44 am
- Iberville bridge closed after barge accident Updated: Mar-04-14 10:09 am
- Coast Guard rescues man from Cat Island Updated: Mar-04-14 6:35 am
- Maritime search, rescue training set in Hampton Updated: Mar-04-14 2:56 am
- Coast Guard investigating Sand Island fuel leak Updated: Mar-03-14 12:31 pm
- US Coast Guard offloads $12 million in cocaine Updated: Mar-03-14 3:06 am
- US Coast Guard helicopter makes emergency landing Updated: Mar-02-14 6:35 pm
- Coast Guard pulls sick man off Gulf of Mexico boat Updated: Mar-01-14 3:41 pm
- Coast Guard vice admiral tapped as next commandant Updated: Feb-28-14 3:37 pm
- Search called off for man on Hilo-Calif. voyage Updated: Feb-28-14 12:35 pm
- Vet group: Coast Guard wrongly discharged members Updated: Feb-27-14 3:53 pm
- Freighter stuck in Elizabeth River freed Updated: Feb-27-14 8:22 am
- Fishing boats rescue 3 from water near Valdez Updated: Feb-27-14 3:26 am
DETROIT - The owner of the Ambassador Bridge is asking a judge to stop the U.S. Coast Guard from giving a permit for a new bridge connecting Michigan and Ontario.
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - The U.S. Coast Guard is beginning to break the ice on Lake Superior and officials say the process will be difficult this year.
KODIAK, Alaska - Danielle Medolla has spent years helping other people, now she is getting rewarded for it.
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Transportation Department says an oil tanker struck a pier at the Memorial Bridge that connects the state to Maine, and there's no apparent damage to the bridge itself.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - An assignment to a Hawaii-based cutter responsible for enforcing immigration law has special meaning for U.S. Coast Guard Academy cadet Marlon Camejo.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Ketchikan man who kicked a Coast Guardsman in the face has been convicted of assault on a federal officer.
MOBILE, Alabama - The Coast Guard is searching the Gulf of Mexico for a crewman who fell off a fishing boat nearly 60 miles south of Mobile Bay.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky transportation officials are suing seven members of the crew of a cargo ship that struck and collapsed part of a bridge over the Tennessee River two years ago, causing millions in damage and diverting traffic for four months.
PACIFIC GROVE, California - A woman suffering from hypothermia was rescued from a California bay after spending about 15 hours in a partially submerged raft, the Coast Guard said.
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A dog missing since last month that was rescued several miles from land on the ice of Lake St. Clair by a U.S. Coast Guard crew has been reunited with his owners.
CHEBOYGAN, Michigan - In a story Feb. 14 about the frozen Great Lakes, The Associated Press reported erroneously the maximum percentage of ice cover in 1994. It was 90.7 percent, not 94 percent.
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Coast Guard says $122 million worth of cocaine seized in nine operations off Central America has been brought to San Diego.
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - The crew of a U.S. Coast Guard cutter that rescued a dog from ice on Lake St. Clair is giving the animal an appropriate name: "Lucky."
GROSSE TETE, Louisiana - State highway officials have closed the La. Highway 77 bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway after a barge slammed into the bridge over the weekend.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A New Orleans man is back on dry land after running his boat aground on Cat Island.
HAMPTON, Virginia - State and local search and rescue agencies are gathering in Hampton for five days of training.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard is investigating a report of a diesel fuel leak from a 1,000-gallon tank at Sand Island.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard has dropped off more than $12 million of cocaine in St. Petersburg.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard says a helicopter from its air station in Traverse City, Michigan, had flight control problems and made an emergency landing on Wisconsin's Washington Island.
HOUSTON - The Coast Guard has used a helicopter to pull a sick 45-year-old doctor off a Norwegian research vessel that was 190 miles off the coast of Galveston in the Gulf of Mexico.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is nominating a Coast Guard vice admiral to be the next Coast Guard commandant.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard has called off a search for a man sailing alone from Hawaii to San Francisco.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The U.S. Coast Guard routinely violates its procedures and regulations intended to protect service members from erroneous discharges for personality or adjustment disorders, a veterans group and Yale Law School students alleged Thursday.
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - A freighter that ran aground in the Elizabeth River is moving again.
VALDEZ, Alaska - The Coast Guard says the crews of two fishing boats rescued three men Wednesday night from the water near Valdez (Val-DEEZ), Alaska, after the trio's 36-foot landing craft sank.