- Search for missing NY boater called off in NJ Updated: Dec-07-13 5:49 pm
- Group favors opening Muskegon port to river barges Updated: Dec-06-13 7:17 pm
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore Updated: Dec-06-13 5:41 pm
- Coast Guard rescues 2 men after boat sinks Updated: Dec-06-13 11:49 am
- Stranded Florida whales on move as rescue efforts... Updated: Dec-06-13 11:46 am
- Christmas tree ship arrives in Chicago from Mich. Updated: Dec-06-13 10:17 am
- Ketchikan man charged with assaulting officer Updated: Dec-03-13 5:26 pm
- Pilot who struck Bay Bridge won't get license back Updated: Dec-03-13 8:28 am
- Jury picked in Coast Guard court martial Updated: Dec-03-13 8:25 am
- US Coast Guard searches ice for missing servicemen Updated: Dec-03-13 7:28 am
- Coast Guard ship to deliver Christmas trees Updated: Dec-03-13 4:05 am
- Seattle ferry theft a 'wake-up call' for security Updated: Dec-03-13 12:17 am
- Seattle ferry theft raises security questions Updated: Dec-02-13 7:20 pm
- Seattle ferry theft raises security questions Updated: Dec-02-13 5:58 pm
- Police say man allegedly stole Victoria Clipper Updated: Dec-01-13 3:42 pm
- Family with 5 children rescued off Nassau Sound Updated: Dec-01-13 10:59 am
- Coast Guard rescues 2 after sailboat ran aground Updated: Nov-30-13 2:41 pm
- Coast Guard rescues 2 from boat on Ga coast Updated: Nov-30-13 11:13 am
- Rescue dogs train with Sitka-based Jayhawk crew Updated: Nov-30-13 6:14 am
- Minor injuries reported in NJ ferry accident Updated: Nov-29-13 11:37 pm
- Coast Guard helicopter rescues 3 in crash Updated: Nov-28-13 5:55 pm
- Mississippi River reopens to traffic after sinking Updated: Nov-27-13 7:52 pm
- Ex-Coast Guardsman guilty in Keys murder plot Updated: Nov-27-13 3:04 am
- Coast Guard urges boaters take weather precautions Updated: Nov-26-13 12:16 pm
- Schumer: nuke plant near NYC needs constant watch Updated: Nov-25-13 3:04 pm
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard on Saturday suspended its search off the New Jersey coast for a missing Long Island, New York, man, a day after his sailboat was found adrift nine miles out to sea with no one aboard.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Business and local government leaders in Michigan have made plans to push for opening the Port of Muskegon to river barge traffic, saying it could provide a shipping link to Chicago that would boost the Michigan economy.
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Florida - Twenty whales believed to be part of a pod found stranded in the Everglades this week were spotted Friday afternoon moving closer toward shore, a sign they may be reversing their earlier, positive course, wildlife officials said.
ELLIOT KEY, Florida - Two people are safe after the U.S. Coast Guard rescued them from the water after their boat sank.
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Fla. - Defying predictions of doom, dozens of pilot whales have surprised scientists by making their way offshore from shallow waters where they had been trapped at Everglades National Park.
CHICAGO - A U.S. Coast Guard ship loaded with more than 1,200 Michigan Christmas trees has arrived in downtown Chicago.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 55-year-old Ketchikan resident has been charged with assaulting a federal officer.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge has refused to reinstate the license of the pilot of the oil tanker that sideswiped the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge six years ago, causing a 50,000-gallon oil spill.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A jury of seven military officers has been seated in the court martial of a Coast Guardsman based in Charleston who is charged with sexual assault.
CUMMING, Georgia - Edward Richardson was just a boy when his father, Coast Guard Radioman Benjamin Bottoms, disappeared.
CHICAGO - A Michigan-based Coast Guard ship will carry on a holiday tradition by delivering Christmas trees across Lake Michigan to Chicago.
SEATTLE - A sex offender who authorities say managed to steal one of the boats used for Seattle-to-Canada ferry service had his bail set at $200,000 as company officials reviewed security procedures to try to prevent trespassers from getting on board the vessels in the future.
SEATTLE - Officials are reviewing security for a commercial U.S.-to-Canada ferry service after they say a sex offender managed to steal one of the boats from the Seattle waterfront in a theft that raised the risk of collisions with barge traffic in a busy port area.
SEATTLE - Officials are reviewing security for a commercial U.S.-to-Canada ferry service after they say a sex offender managed to take off in one of the ships from the Seattle waterfront, a theft that risked collisions in busy Elliott Bay.
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a man was arrested Sunday after he allegedly stole a Victoria Clipper boat and headed out into the middle of Seattle's Elliott Bay.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A family with five children has been rescued after their boat became disabled off Nassau Sound.
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - The Coast Guard has rescued two people from a 22-foot sailboat that ran aground at the entrance to the Alligator River.
JEKYLL ISLAND, Georgia - Coast Guard crews rescued two men after their fishing boat ran aground at Jekyll Island.
JUNEAU, Alaska - It took a little coaxing at first to convince Panzer, a 3-year-old German Shepherd search and rescue dog in training, to lay down in a basket that hoisted him and his handler 30 feet up in the air, dangling from a spinning cable under a hovering MH-60T Jayhawk.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A ferry boat headed from the World Financial Center in New York hit a pier in Jersey City Friday afternoon and four people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, authorities said.
HALF MOON BAY, California - Authorities say a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter rescued three of four people in a vehicle that went down an embankment on Highway 92 near Half Moon Bay.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Of an estimated 1,800 gallons of diesel fuel and oil that has spilled from a towboat that sank in the Mississippi River in eastern Iowa, at least 85 percent has been removed and barge traffic has resumed on the busy waterway, the U.S. Coast Guard said Wednesday.
KEY WEST, Florida - A former Coast Guard officer in the Florida Keys has pleaded guilty to a murder for hire plot involving an attempt on a local businessman.
ATLANTIC BEACH, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard is encouraging boaters to take precautions as a storm front pushes across north and central Florida.
PEEKSKILL, New York - Patrol boats should prowl the Hudson River 24 hours a day behind the Indian Point nuclear power plant in the New York City suburbs, U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer said Monday.