- Coast Guard chopper makes emergency landing on golf course Updated: Aug-02-15 1:34 pm
NEW YORK - A Coast Guard helicopter had to make an emergency landing on the grounds of New York golf course because of smoke and fumes in the cockpit. No injuries were reported.
- Coast Guard says 2 canoeist dead after leaving Maine port Updated: Aug-02-15 12:47 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Coast Guard officials say a Pennsylvania couple found dead after setting out on a canoe trip earlier this weekend were both wearing life jackets when their bodies were found.
- Man goes overboard, spends 4 hours in water before rescue Updated: Aug-02-15 12:44 pm
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - Authorities say a man who went overboard from a vessel spent more than four hours in waters off the southern New Jersey coast before he was rescued by a passing boat.
- Coast Guard investigates tar balls on Makaha Beach Updated: Aug-02-15 11:15 am
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard is investigating tar balls found on a 1,000-yeard stretch of Makaha Beach.
- Coast Guard monitoring oil spill in northern New Jersey Updated: Aug-02-15 10:59 am
BAYONNE, New Jersey - Coast Guard crews are monitoring an oil spill that occurred when a tugboat struck a pier in northern New Jersey.
- School resource officer to retire from sheriff's office Updated: Aug-02-15 9:41 am
GADSDEN, Alabama - Lanny Handy has touched the lives of thousands of students during his career as an Etowah County sheriff's deputy.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia Updated: Aug-01-15 11:49 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - A Coast Guard crew rescued a mother and daughter after their boat capsized off Georgia's coast.
- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- 'Gut-wrenching' decision: Search for teens suspended Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - After hundreds of rescue workers fanned out across a massive swath of the Atlantic for a full week, the Coast Guard's search for two teenage fishermen ended Friday, a heart-rending decision for families so convinced the boys could be alive they're pressing on with their own hunt.
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Coast Guard honors teenage plane crash survivor Updated: Jul-31-15 7:50 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the teenage survivor of a plane crash near Juneau for helping other passengers and attracting the attention of rescuers.
- Bollinger's 14th Fast Response Cutter sent to US Coast Guard Updated: Jul-31-15 4:52 pm
LOCKPORT, Louisiana - A Lockport-based ship building company announced that its latest vessel has been delivered to the U.S. Coast Guard in Key West, Florida.
- Authorities identify body pulled from Mississippi River Updated: Jul-31-15 3:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has positively identified the body found floating in the Mississippi River earlier this week as that of 42-year-old Dave Hebron.
- Pleasure boat taking on water off Louisiana found, towed Updated: Jul-31-15 8:35 am
CAMERON, Louisiana - The Coast Guard says a boat reported sinking in the Gulf of Mexico off Louisiana has been safely towed to shore and one passenger was treated for minor injuries.
- Scientist: Oil slick likely from natural seafloor seepage Updated: Jul-30-15 10:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Coast Guard officials say it will likely be a couple more days before they can definitively say what caused a miles-long oil slick to materialize off the Santa Barbara County coast this week, but an expert said Thursday it was more than likely the result of ocean-floor seepage.
- Coast Guard continues search for overdue paddle boarder Updated: Jul-30-15 7:05 pm
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard says it's continuing to search for a paddle boarder who is overdue for arrival in South Carolina.
- 2 cruise ship workers injured while docked in Hilo Updated: Jul-29-15 4:24 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Officials say two crewmembers of Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America were seriously injured while working aboard the ship when it was docked in the port of Hilo.
- Bodies of father, son located in Brazos River, no foul play Updated: Jul-29-15 2:01 pm
FREEPORT, Texas - The Coast Guard says the bodies of a father and his adult son have been found in the Brazos (BRAZ'-uhs) River after both disappeared while fishing near Freeport.
- Coast Guard rescues injured woman after boat runs aground Updated: Jul-29-15 9:43 am
CHINCOTEAGUE, Virginia - A Coast Guard crew has rescued an injured woman after a pleasure boat ran aground in Tom's Cove at Chincoteague Island.
- Over 600 baby sea turtles get 2nd chance, released in ocean Updated: Jul-28-15 5:16 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - It was a turtle emancipation.
- Upper Houston Ship Channel reopens after diesel spill Updated: Jul-28-15 12:03 pm
HOUSTON - A stretch of the upper Houston Ship Channel has reopened after about 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled and forced a three-hour closure.
- Coast Guard searches for missing paddle boarder Updated: Jul-28-15 5:55 am
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a man who went missing while paddle boarding off of Florida's Atlantic coast.
- Coast Guard ends Kachemak Bay search after boaters call in Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A boat reported missing in Kachemak Bay is out of danger.
- Coast Guard urges safety after boat hits Chicago breakwall Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
CHICAGO - The U.S. Coast Guard is urging boaters to be mindful of safety after a recreational vessel hit a Chicago breakwall over the weekend.
- Coast Guard will help release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Coast Guard is going to help over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.