- Coast Guard completes Great Lakes ice breaking Updated: May-05-15 11:16 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - Efforts to break up ice on the Great Lakes have wrapped up after more than four months.
- Crews searching for parasailor missing off Florida coast Updated: May-05-15 5:47 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for a parasailor a witness saw disappear into the waters off Florida's Redington Beach.
- 2 Mexican boats stopped in poaching investigation Updated: May-04-15 2:08 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The U.S. Coast Guard has seized in separate incidents two Mexican boats that were caught illegally fishing off the Gulf Coast waters of South Texas.
- 2 rescued from Curtis Creek after boat hits bridge Updated: May-04-15 10:34 am
CURTIS BAY, Maryland - Anne Arundel County fire officials say two people were rescued from Curtis Creek after their boat struck a bridge.
- Coast Guard, Navy to conduct exercise in Chesapeake Bay Updated: May-04-15 2:07 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - The Coast Guard and the Navy plan to conduct a joint training exercise in the lower Chesapeake Bay.
- Coast Guard in Buffalo hosting Armed Forces Week festivities Updated: May-02-15 7:34 am
BUFFALO, New York - A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter and ice-breaking cutter that patrol the Great Lakes will be in Buffalo to help kick off the 55th annual Western New York Armed Forces Week.
- Coast Guard member in Virginia sentenced for violations Updated: May-01-15 3:08 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Coast Guard member has been sentenced to 80 days in military prison and given a bad conduct discharge for his guilty plea to charges of assault and failing to obey an order or a regulation.
- Bodies of 2 sailors missing from race found on Alabama coast Updated: Apr-30-15 9:44 pm
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama - Search teams recovered the bodies of two boaters missing since a disastrous sailboat race Thursday as an investigation began into circumstances surrounding the competition, including whether it should have been canceled because of the threat of bad weather.
- Coast Guard investigating if patrol boat part of Texas death Updated: Apr-30-15 7:53 am
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - The Coast Guard is investigating whether a patrol boat was involved in the death of a woman whose body was found near the Brownsville Ship Channel.
- Coast Guard comes to aid of ailing crew member aboard boat Updated: Apr-29-15 3:01 pm
MANASQUAN, New Jersey - The Coast Guard came to the aid of man who became ill while working aboard a fishing boat off the coast of southern New Jersey
- Shell, Greenpeace spar over Arctic drilling safety zones Updated: Apr-29-15 1:44 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Attorneys for Royal Dutch Shell PLC presented testimony to a federal court judge Tuesday that the company needs safety zones around its Arctic drill fleet to prevent Greenpeace USA activists from endangering company workers and themselves.
- Search suspended for man who survived previous ordeal at sea Updated: Apr-28-15 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - For the second time in five months, the Coast Guard has suspended a search for Hawaii fisherman Ron Ingraham.
- Obama nominates No. 2 at Coast Guard to run TSA Updated: Apr-28-15 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama nominated the U.S. Coast Guard's second-in-command on Tuesday to run the Transportation Security Administration, tasking Vice Adm. Peter Neffenger with keeping passengers safe amid increasingly complex threats from the Middle East and beyond.
- Freighter grounded last week was outside shipping channel Updated: Apr-28-15 2:44 am
DE TOUR VILLAGE, Michigan - Coast Guard investigators say a freighter was outside of marked shipping lanes in the St. Marys River last week when it struck a shoal and became stuck in the water.
- Coast Guard escorts sinking fishing boat to safety Updated: Apr-27-15 5:56 am
POINT PLEASANT, New Jersey - The Coast Guard came to the aid of a fishing boat that was taking on water 20 miles east off Manasquan Inlet.
- Missing mariner is man who survived 12 days lost at sea Updated: Apr-24-15 10:53 pm
HONOLULU - A Hawaii fisherman is missing again, just a few months after surviving 12 days lost at sea.
- Coast Guard reassigns commander, citing loss of confidence Updated: Apr-23-15 6:16 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The commander of a U.S. Coast Guard vessel has been temporarily relieved of his post, and the service said it has lost confidence in his ability to lead.
- Searchers find body of missing girl, 5, near dock in Kemah Updated: Apr-23-15 5:55 pm
KEMAH, Texas - Police say the body of a missing 5-year-old girl has been found in the water near the boardwalk in Kemah (KEE'-muh).
- Coast Guard rescues 3 crew members after ship fire Updated: Apr-22-15 1:36 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - Three fishing crew members are in good condition after they were rescued by the Coast Guard following a vessel fire that forced them to abandon ship.
- Freighter grounded in St. Lawrence Seaway is refloated Updated: Apr-22-15 1:23 pm
ORLEANS, New York - The U.S. Coast Guard says a salvage crew has refloated a freighter ran aground under the Thousands Islands Bridge spanning the St. Lawrence Seaway in northern New York.
- Agencies plan vessel-sinking exercise in Mississippi River Updated: Apr-22-15 4:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Coast Guard officials say federal, state and local agencies will participate in a training exercise simulating the sinking of a large passenger vessel on the Mississippi River near Memphis.
- Coast Guard helicopter hit with laser pointer at training Updated: Apr-21-15 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - A Coast Guard helicopter crew conducting a training flight over Fairchild Airport in Port Angeles reportedly suffered a laser strike from an unknown ground source.
- 3 boaters rescued northeast of Charleston Updated: Apr-21-15 10:37 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Three boaters are safe after the Coast Guard and Charleston County rescue workers responded to reports that their 42-foot boat was taking on water in the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Willamette River sternwheeler vessel undergoing repairs Updated: Apr-20-15 7:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A sternwheeler paddleboat that plies the Willamette River in the Salem area will be out of the water a while longer for repairs required after a federal inspection.
- The Latest: UN rights chief wants new EU line on migration Updated: Apr-20-15 11:14 am
5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT; 11:10 a.m. EDT)