- Son of former Honduras president arrested in Haiti Updated: May-21-15 7:44 pm
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - The son of former President Porfirio Lobo was arrested in Haiti in an apparent anti-drug operation carried out by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Haitian authorities, the ex-president and the Honduran government confirmed Thursday.
- DEA raids clinics, pharmacies in 'pill mill' crackdown Updated: May-20-15 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Authorities raided medical clinics, pharmacies and other locations across the South on Wednesday as part of a Drug Enforcement Administration attempt to thwart illegal prescription drug sales.
- Feds: DEA agent, worker didn't report they ran a strip club Updated: May-20-15 12:11 pm
NEW YORK - A supervisory agent and a telecommunications specialist for the Drug Enforcement Administration have been arrested on charges they failed to notify the U.S. government that they were operating a strip club in New Jersey.
- FBI chief of staff tapped as acting DEA administrator Updated: May-13-15 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - A former U.S. attorney and current chief of staff to the FBI director has been named acting director for the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Justice Department announced Wednesday.
- CVS will pay $22M in investigation into Fla. pharmacies Updated: May-13-15 1:25 pm
NEW YORK - CVS Health will pay $22 million to resolve an investigation of two pharmacies in central Florida targeted by federal regulators for the lax sale of powerful painkillers.
- Synthetic pot leads to nationwide spike in hospitalizations Updated: May-08-15 9:13 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A huge nationwide spike in hospitalizations last month caused by a class of drugs often called "synthetic marijuana" illustrates the potency and dangers of the chemicals used to make them and the shifty tactics authorities believe manufacturers are using to evade regulation.
- New Hampshire police, DEA collaborate in new drug initiative Updated: May-06-15 3:58 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Spurred by the recent rise in fatal drug overdoses in New Hampshire, regional law enforcement agencies are participating in a new initiative to gather more timely and accurate reports of overdoses that can be used to better track drug suppliers.
- US reprimands agents after man forgotten in San Diego cell Updated: May-05-15 5:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration issued reprimands and suspensions of up to seven days to agents involved in detaining a college student who was handcuffed and forgotten in a cell for five days - punishments that drew criticism from the Justice Department and others for being too light.
- Flakka, synthetic drug behind increasingly bizarre crimes Updated: Apr-30-15 4:17 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - One man ran naked through a Florida neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree and told police he was the mythical god Thor. Another ran nude down a busy city street in broad daylight, convinced a pack of German shepherds was pursuing him.