- Indian flight catches fire in Nepal; no casualties Updated: Mar-08-14 7:55 am
- Lihue Airport runway to undergo extension Updated: Mar-07-14 2:18 pm
- Judge dismisses FAA fine against small drone user Updated: Mar-07-14 12:50 am
- FAA: Utah helicopter company broke drug test rules Updated: Mar-04-14 11:23 am
- FAA guides small plane through storm into Austin Updated: Mar-02-14 7:34 pm
- Pilots defend safety of home-built planes Updated: Mar-02-14 12:10 am
- NH airport tower to remain open round-the-clock Updated: Feb-28-14 4:26 pm
- Plane crash on Hawaii's Lanai Island leaves 3 dead Updated: Feb-27-14 8:58 pm
- Boston-area planes report lasers, FAA investigates Updated: Feb-26-14 6:40 am
- Ohio community college pursuing drone testing Updated: Feb-25-14 10:01 am
- 3 dead in plane crash at airport in west Georgia Updated: Feb-22-14 10:52 pm
- FAA: Skydiver killed near Eloy after jump mishap Updated: Feb-21-14 5:49 pm
- Pilots reported fatigue, erred in UPS jet crash Updated: Feb-20-14 5:37 pm
- Journalist sues police who questioned drone use Updated: Feb-18-14 4:40 pm
- Plan for vacant land near airport spurs debate Updated: Feb-16-14 8:02 pm
- Historic airplane takes off from OKC to new home Updated: Feb-13-14 6:00 pm
- Feds, pilots warn of lasers pointed into cockpits Updated: Feb-11-14 11:28 pm
- Drone use highlights questions for journalists Updated: Feb-11-14 4:26 pm
- Reports detail pilots heading to wrong airports Updated: Feb-10-14 5:03 pm
- Pilots often head to wrong airports, reports show Updated: Feb-10-14 2:38 pm
KATMANDU, Nepal - An Indian jetliner caught fire while landing in Nepal's capital on Saturday, but there were no casualties reported among the 170 people on board, officials said.
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Lihue Airport runway needs to be extended to comply with Federal Aviation Administration rules.
WASHINGTON - A federal judge has dismissed the Federal Aviation Administration's only fine against a commercial drone user on the grounds that the small drone was no different than a model aircraft, a decision that appears to undermine the agency's power to keep a burgeoning civilian drone industry out of the skies.
OGDEN, Utah - Federal officials are proposing a $55,000 fine against a Utah helicopter tour company accused of violating drug and alcohol testing regulations.
AUSTIN, Texas - Air-traffic controllers' quick thinking helped guide a small plane through severe weather and allowed the pilot to safely land at Austin's international airport on Sunday, aviation officials said.
WELLINGTON, Florida - Leonard McGarity flew countless miles during a quarter-century as an American Airlines pilot, captaining the most sophisticated planes in commercial aviation.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's congressional delegation says the Federal Aviation Administration has assured them there are no plans to close the control tower at the Manchester airport overnight.
HONOLULU - A small plane crashed and burst into flames shortly after takeoff from Hawaii's Lanai island, killing three people and leaving three others injured, authorities said Thursday.
NEWTON, Massachusetts - The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating reports that someone pointed a laser light at the cockpits of two airplanes in the Boston area.
DAYTON, Ohio - The state may have been passed over as an FAA drone testing site last year, but a western Ohio community college is moving full speed ahead on the development, teaching and application of the technology.
LAGRANGE, Georgia - Three people were fatally injured Saturday when a small plane crashed at an airport in west Georgia.
ELOY, Arizona - Authorities say a skydiver has been killed near Eloy after striking the door while exiting the jump aircraft at about 10,000 feet.
WASHINGTON - The pilots of a UPS cargo jet that crashed last August complained about the company's tiring work schedules at the start of the fatal flight, and then made errors shortly before the plane flew into a hillside and burst into flames, according to information presented at a hearing Thursday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A journalist filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging that Hartford police officers violated his free-speech rights by questioning his use of a remote-controlled aircraft to record images of a car wreck.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - A developer that wants to build south of the Olive Branch airport is threatening to sue the city.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A historic aircraft listed on the National Register of Historic Places relocated Thursday from Oklahoma to a museum in Texas so more people will have the chance to see it up close.
LOS ANGELES - Airline pilots and federal officials launched a campaign Monday to warn about the dangers of people pointing lasers into cockpits. They're promising prosecution for those who are caught, and a reward for those who turn them in.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As police responded to a deadly car crash, they noticed an increasingly familiar sight: a remote-controlled aircraft, equipped with a video camera, hovering over the wreckage.
WASHINGTON - At a time when a cellphone can guide you to your driveway, commercial pilots attempt to land at the wrong airport more often than most passengers realize or government officials admit, according to an Associated Press search of government safety data and news reports since the early 1990s.
WASHINGTON - Do you know the way to San Jose? Quite a few airline pilots apparently don't.