- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 1:02 pm
- Police investigate threatening letter in Stoughton Updated: Apr-19-14 12:50 pm
- FBI: Suspect in 1976 killings has LA-area roots Updated: Apr-18-14 3:23 pm
- Report: FBI probe includes legal work by Davis Updated: Apr-18-14 2:00 pm
- Anger and dismay at stalled Guantanamo 9/11 trial Updated: Apr-18-14 12:04 am
- FBI: Another arrest made in NC kidnapping case Updated: Apr-17-14 4:58 pm
- Armored car robbed in NE Philly; no injuries Updated: Apr-17-14 9:34 am
- FBI director: Web monitoring, privacy can co-exist Updated: Apr-15-14 8:13 pm
- Militia leader pleads guilty to ID theft Updated: Apr-15-14 5:43 pm
- Could police have averted the Boston bombings? Updated: Apr-15-14 5:37 pm
- Pittsburgh FBI office gets new agent-in-charge Updated: Apr-15-14 8:43 am
- FBI asks to meet with San Francisco supervisors Updated: Apr-15-14 12:43 am
- Questions linger year after Boston Marathon bombs Updated: Apr-14-14 5:42 pm
- FBI: Miami cop known as 'Milk Man' helped dealers Updated: Apr-14-14 2:31 pm
- FBI agents shoot, kill man in Owings Mills, Md. Updated: Apr-12-14 2:41 pm
- Report: No missed opportunities in Boston attack Updated: Apr-11-14 4:16 am
- Giffords gunman made online rants before killing Updated: Apr-10-14 10:29 pm
- FBI investigates man in U-Md. data disclosure Updated: Apr-10-14 9:26 pm
- Mass. ACLU sues for documents about terrorism unit Updated: Apr-10-14 6:54 pm
- Long-sought diplomat added to FBI's 'most wanted' Updated: Apr-10-14 1:08 pm
- Sharpton opens civil rights annual; Obama expected Updated: Apr-09-14 3:49 pm
- Al Sharpton says report of FBI cooperation not new Updated: Apr-08-14 4:51 pm
- 'I-55 Bandit' bank robber gets 5 years in prison Updated: Apr-04-14 4:10 pm
- New York policeman held on child pornography charges Updated: Apr-04-14 12:11 pm
- FBI seeks man in child pornography probe Updated: Apr-02-14 2:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
STOUGHTON, Wisconsin - Police in Stoughton are investigating a threatening letter that was sent to a black teenager, with a photo that depicted him as the victim of a lynching.
LOS ANGELES - A former diplomat on the FBI's Most Wanted list suspected of bludgeoning five family members to death with a hammer nearly 40 years ago in Maryland has Southern California roots and may be in the region, authorities said.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' legal work for a taxpayer-funded tollway agency is part of a larger FBI-led investigation into the tollway group, according to a published report Friday.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - Don Arias stormed out of the meeting with the defense lawyers at this U.S. Navy base after less than 15 minutes. He was soon followed by three others who also lost family members in the 9/11 terror attack.
ATLANTA - Another arrest was made in the kidnapping of a North Carolina prosecutor's father, federal investigators said Thursday.
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities in Philadelphia say an armored car was held up in northeast Philadelphia, but no injuries were reported.
MILWAUKEE - The government can fight computer crime without compromising Americans' privacy rights, the head of the FBI said Tuesday, comparing government monitoring to a police department that stations an officer at a gang-infested park to make it safe for children and families once again.
MINNEAPOLIS - A self-described militia commander from Minnesota who was charged with stealing identification information from members of his former Army unit at Fort Bragg in North Carolina has pleaded guilty to identity theft.
BOSTON - It was a shocking slaying in a Boston suburb that sometimes goes years without one homicide, let alone three at once. The victims' throats had been sliced in a home on a tree-lined street, marijuana and cash strewn over their bodies.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh's FBI office has a new boss.
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI plans to talk with San Francisco city leaders as part of its ongoing investigation targeting political corruption and an alleged organized crime syndicate in Chinatown, the agency confirmed Monday.
BOSTON - A surveillance video shows a man prosecutors say is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev placing a bomb near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, just yards from where an 8-year-old boy was killed when it exploded.
MIAMI - In 22 years at the Miami-Dade Police Department, Lt. Ralph Mata broke up major gangs, supervised an airport canine unit that sniffed out drug smugglers and investigated police wrongdoing. He was also, according to the FBI, known as "The Milk Man" for helping New Jersey cocaine dealers move hundreds of thousands of dollars around.
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Baltimore County police say a man is dead after FBI agents opened fire on the person in a busy shopping area in Owings Mills.
WASHINGTON - A review of how the government's intelligence agencies handled information they had before the Boston Marathon bombings last year concluded that it was impossible to know whether anything could have been done differently to prevent the attack.
PHOENIX - The man who shot former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was unraveling in the months before the rampage, issuing paranoid, expletive-filled Internet rants about government conspiracies, suicide and killing police, according to new law enforcement documents released Thursday.
The FBI is investigating a Baltimore-area computer worker in connection with the online disclosure last month of University of Maryland President Wallace Loh's Social Security and cellphone numbers, according to court records.
BOSTON - The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts filed a lawsuit Thursday against the FBI and the U.S. Attorney in Boston for failing to provide documents about a joint terrorism unit involved in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation including a Florida man allegedly linked to one of the bombers.
WASHINGTON - A diplomat suspected of killing his wife, mother and three sons in 1976 was added to the FBI's list of "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives" on Thursday, bringing new attention to a case that has long frustrated authorities.
NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton opened his annual civil rights conference Wednesday, which President Barack Obama plans to attend, amid revelations about the activist's cooperation with the FBI in a 1980s mob investigation.
NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton admitted on Tuesday that he helped the FBI investigate New York Mafia figures in the 1980s, even making secret recordings that appeared to help bring down a mob boss.
ST. LOUIS - A serial bank robber the FBI dubbed the "I-55 Bandit" for some of the 10 holdups he pulled off in five states as a teenager was sentenced Friday to five years in federal prison.
MINEOLA, New York - An FBI investigation that began more than a year ago with the arrest of a child pornography suspect in Alaska has led to federal charges against a New York state police investigator who has worked as a high school and college lacrosse coach.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is seeking the public's help in identifying an unknown man as part of a child pornography investigation.