- How early is too early for word that tornadoes may come? Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Meteorologists are finding something much tougher to forecast than a stormy atmosphere: the human mind.
- FEMA giving $31K to Portland Fire Department Updated: Apr-23-16 8:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is giving the fire department in Maine's largest city a grant of more than $31,000 through the Assistant to Firefighters Grant Program.
- Restrictions proposed for building in flood plains Updated: Apr-15-16 11:40 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Building in flood zones is about to get harder across much of Oregon, due to new federal recommendations.
- Vermont officials say Irene recovery projects continue Updated: Apr-10-16 11:33 am
JAMAICA, Vermont - Vermont officials say they will continue to pursue projects as towns recover from flooding caused by Tropical Storm Irene.
- West Virginia Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-06-16 6:36 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- FEMA denies Grand Isle request for levee repairs Updated: Apr-02-16 1:16 pm
GRAND ISLE, Louisiana - Grand Isle officials have been met with another setback as they try to determine how to rebuild their first-line storm defense.