- Proposed $3.2B Sabal Trail pipeline approved by feds Updated: Feb-05-16 3:02 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A proposed $3.2 billion natural gas pipeline has been approved by federal energy regulators.
- High court upholds government's energy conservation program Updated: Jan-25-16 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON - In a win for the Obama administration and environmental groups, the Supreme Court on Monday upheld a 5-year-old federal program that pays large electric customers to save energy during times of peak demand.
- FERC's Clark won't seek reappointment when term ends Updated: Jan-21-16 5:29 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Federal Energy Regulatory Commission member Tony Clark says he won't seek reappointment when his term ends June 30.
- NY attorney general objects to pipeline tree-cutting request Updated: Jan-14-16 7:25 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general filed objections Thursday to the Constitution Pipeline Company's request to cut trees along the proposed route of its 124-mile natural gas pipeline, citing the lack of a state water quality permit and pending requests for a rehearing of the federal agency order that cleared the way for the project.
- 2 companies look to Columbia lock for hydropower project Updated: Jan-08-16 8:17 am
COLUMBIA, Louisiana - Two companies have requested permits from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to study installing a hydropower project near the Columbia lock and dam on the Ouachita River.