- Brilinta? Brintellix? FDA warns of drug name mix-ups Updated: Jul-30-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday that some doctors and pharmacies are getting confused by the similar names of an antidepressant and a blood-thinning medicine.
- FDA bans some Mexican cilantro after feces found in fields Updated: Jul-27-15 5:59 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is banning imports of some fresh cilantro from Puebla, Mexico, after a government investigation found human feces and toilet paper in growing fields there.
- FDA OKs breakthrough cholesterol drug for high-risk patients Updated: Jul-24-15 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a first-of-a-kind drug that lowers artery-clogging cholesterol more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.
- Proposed label would give context to sugar in foods Updated: Jul-24-15 2:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Wondering if you are eating too much added sugar? The nutrition label on your food may one day help you figure it out.
- 5 things: House bill would prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - States could no longer require labels on genetically modified foods under legislation the House is considering.
- Bristol-Myers says HIV drug gets FDA incentives Updated: Jul-21-15 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - Bristol-Myers said Tuesday that federal regulators will help speed up development for one of its experimental HIV drugs.
- FDA shuts down Miami-area blood bank for multiple violations Updated: Jul-17-15 7:52 am
DORAL, Florida - Federal authorities have suspended the license of a Miami-area blood bank for violations that include improperly notifying donors who may have been HIV-positive.
- Big House vote to speed drug approvals, boost research Updated: Jul-10-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - For the second time this year, the House used overwhelming bipartisan unity Friday to approve health legislation, this time voting to bolster biomedical research and streamline how the government approves drugs and medical devices.
- US seeks to block sales of Iowa firm's dietary supplements Updated: Jul-10-15 3:26 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Federal regulators have filed a complaint alleging an Iowa company has been selling potentially unsafe dietary supplements and falsely advertised them as treatments for various diseases.
- FDA strengthens heart risk warning in popular pain relievers Updated: Jul-09-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are bolstering warning labels for popular pain relievers, adding information about the risk of heart attack and stroke in the short term.
- Federal Agency: Calories on menus delayed until 2016 Updated: Jul-09-15 9:45 am
WASHINGTON - Diners will have to wait until the end of 2016 to find calorie labels on all chain restaurant menus.
- DeLand hospital testing new snake anti-venom Updated: Jul-04-15 1:38 am
DELAND, Florida - Carl Barden knows what to do when a venomous snake bares its fangs.
- Ohio looks overseas in search for lethal drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 9:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio has explored overseas options in its search for lethal injection drugs no longer available in the U.S. despite a court ruling that banned such purchases, records show.