- A look at Obama's final budget proposal Updated: Feb-09-16 5:26 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama proposed a record $4.1 trillion budget on Tuesday. Here's a look at each agency and department:
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Swiss bank cooperates with US as 2 ex-bankers plead guilty Updated: Feb-04-16 6:54 pm
NEW YORK - Swiss bank Julius Baer, facing a criminal charge, has agreed to pay $547 million and cooperate for three years with American authorities to shut down accounts that enabled wealthy Americans to evade taxes, authorities announced Thursday.
- Man pleads guilty to tax evasion, being uncertified pilot Updated: Feb-02-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors say a North Carolina man has pleaded guilty to tax evasion and operating as a pilot without proper certification.
- Ayotte to IRS: Put tax instruction booklets in libraries Updated: Feb-02-16 4:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte is calling on the Internal Revenue Service to put instruction booklets to accompany tax forms in New Hampshire public libraries participating in the Tax Forms Outlet Program.
- NY attorney general warns of telephone tax scams Updated: Jan-27-16 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general is warning against paying money to anyone who calls posing as an IRS official and saying that a past-due tax balance is due immediately.
- Indiana, IRS have begun processing income tax returns Updated: Jan-20-16 4:00 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Revenue has announced it has begun processing individual income tax returns.
- Judge approves tea party group's lawsuit against IRS Updated: Jan-14-16 11:45 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge in Ohio has approved class-action status for a tea party group's lawsuit stemming from IRS delays in approving nonprofit status for conservative groups seeking the tax-exemption classification.