- ID thieves target school employees' tax returns Updated: Mar-11-14 4:58 pm
- More Alabamians filing returns electronically Updated: Mar-11-14 5:37 am
- Texas tax fraud case puts focus on identity theft Updated: Mar-10-14 3:32 pm
- Cummings says Issa apologized and he accepts Updated: Mar-06-14 11:32 pm
- IRS scam now targeting more than 300 UPMC workers Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- Former IRS official refuses to testify at hearing Updated: Mar-05-14 3:47 pm
- Issa: Ex-IRS exec to testify on tea party scrutiny Updated: Mar-02-14 3:22 pm
- What you need to know about March health deadline Updated: Mar-02-14 2:02 pm
- UNI investigates employee tax return problems Updated: Feb-27-14 2:43 pm
- House GOP fights IRS limits on political groups Updated: Feb-26-14 4:52 pm
- IRS places lien on Vermont State Fairgrounds Updated: Feb-20-14 10:29 am
- 7 steps to consider as you prepare your tax return Updated: Feb-19-14 4:44 pm
- Hospice worker: I was fired after getting cancer Updated: Feb-15-14 1:36 pm
- IRS affirms reduced hours for Va. adjunct teachers Updated: Feb-14-14 6:28 am
- Alabama takes new approach to fraudulent returns Updated: Feb-12-14 11:37 am
- Calif residents warned of tax-related phone scam Updated: Feb-12-14 8:50 am
MUNSTER, Indiana - Someone has been trying to get income tax refunds that should go to employees of a northwestern Indiana school district, officials said Tuesday.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Internal Revenue Service says more Alabamians are filing their tax returns electronically.
DALLAS - The recent case of a Texas man convicted of tax fraud highlights one part of the lucrative black market for stolen personal information that the IRS estimates altogether costs U.S. taxpayers more than $6 billion a year.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Elijah Cummings said Thursday night that California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa called him and apologized for refusing to let Cummings speak during an IRS hearing. The Maryland Democrat said he accepted the apology.
PITTSBURGH - The number of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees targeted by identity thieves in a bogus federal tax return scheme is now more than 300.
WASHINGTON - The former Internal Revenue Service official at the heart of the controversy over the agency's targeting of conservative groups once again refused to answer questions at a House hearing Wednesday amid signs that a congressional investigation into the affair may be stalling.
WASHINGTON - A House committee expects to hear firsthand from the former official at the center of what the government has acknowledged was the improper targeting of tea party groups claiming tax-exempt status.
WASHINGTON - Sick of hearing about the health care law?
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - More than 50 employees at the University of Northern Iowa have reported irregularities with their tax returns and the university has sought the assistance of police, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service to investigate, a spokesman said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Fighting back against what they call unfair targeting of conservatives, House Republicans on Wednesday voted to delay efforts by the Obama administration to further restrict political activities of groups claiming tax-exempt status.
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Internal Revenue Service has placed a more than $40,000 lien on the Vermont State Fairgrounds.
Tax Day is less than two months away. Are you ready?
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Hospice of Palm Beach County raised its CEO's pay 30 percent to $710,537 the same year a mother of three said the organization fired her because she could work only 30 hours a week while fighting breast cancer - a situation the hospice's founder called "outrageous."
RICHMOND, Virginia - Thousands of part-time college instructors in Virginia will continue to work fewer hours because of the federal health care law.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama is taking a new approach to protecting taxpayers against crooks filing fraudulent income tax returns using stolen identifies.
YUBA CITY, California - Residents of California's Central Valley are being warned of a telephone scam in which the caller claims to be with the Internal Revenue Service seeking delinquent tax payments.