- Union fights push to hire private tax collectors Updated: Apr-15-14 3:22 pm
- April 15 not much of a deadline for most taxpayers Updated: Apr-14-14 2:17 pm
- Oklahoma AG cautions about tax and rebate scams Updated: Apr-14-14 3:05 am
- Chances of getting audited by IRS lowest in years Updated: Apr-13-14 11:20 am
- How to get more time to file your tax return Updated: Apr-13-14 9:59 am
- House panel votes to hold IRS official in contempt Updated: Apr-10-14 2:01 pm
- House panel refers ex-IRS official to Justice Dept Updated: Apr-09-14 4:28 pm
- IRS expects 142,000 Alabamians to see extensions Updated: Apr-09-14 5:34 am
- IRS paid $53 million to whistleblowers in 2013 Updated: Apr-04-14 3:29 pm
- Sen. Paul: Give Caterpillar award for tax strategy Updated: Apr-01-14 2:36 pm
- Scammers posing as IRS officials to trick people Updated: Mar-29-14 1:29 pm
- 32,000 Ohioans owed tax refunds from 2010 Updated: Mar-28-14 9:05 am
- Convicted Cincy attorney suspended indefinitely Updated: Mar-27-14 5:40 pm
- 5 tips on how to tackle financial records clutter Updated: Mar-26-14 4:52 pm
- Former NY tax dept. worker sentenced for IRS scam Updated: Mar-26-14 6:50 am
- IRS says bitcoin will be taxed like property Updated: Mar-25-14 4:15 pm
- Reno, Fallon men headed to prison for IRS fraud Updated: Mar-25-14 3:33 pm
- Ore. AG asks IRS to investigate aviation museum Updated: Mar-20-14 6:37 pm
- Feds raid Minnesota mayor's business Updated: Mar-20-14 6:08 pm
- IRS watchdog says phone scam is largest ever Updated: Mar-20-14 4:22 pm
- 4,100 W.Va. taxpayers could be owed 2010 refunds Updated: Mar-20-14 6:22 am
- IRS says 26,300 refunds for 2010 unclaimed in Va. Updated: Mar-20-14 6:16 am
- IRS says 17,500 Alabamians may qualify for refunds Updated: Mar-20-14 5:34 am
- IRS says Tennesseans owed $12.8 million for 2010 Updated: Mar-20-14 4:07 am
- IRS: $760M owed to people who didn't file for 2010 Updated: Mar-19-14 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - A public employees union is fighting a bipartisan effort in Congress to force the Internal Revenue Service to hire private contractors to collect some delinquent taxes.
WASHINGTON - The calendar shows April 15, and you haven't even started on your federal tax return? Chances are, you don't need to fret.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Attorney General Scott Pruitt is warning Oklahomans about tax and rebate scams as the deadline nears to file personal income tax returns.
WASHINGTON - As millions of Americans race to meet Tuesday's tax deadline, their chances of getting audited are lower than they have been in years.
America's annual tax reckoning is here once again and for many who have yet to file their federal tax return, that means a mad dash to beat Uncle Sam's deadline.
WASHINGTON - A House Committee voted Thursday to hold a former Internal Revenue Service official in contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions at a pair of hearings.
WASHINGTON - The House Ways and Means Committee voted Wednesday to refer a former Internal Revenue Service official to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution in the agency's tea party controversy.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Internal Revenue Service predicts about 142,000 Alabamians will request an extension on filing their tax returns by April 15.
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service says it paid whistleblowers a total of $53 million last year for turning in tax cheats.
WASHINGTON - Caterpillar Inc. executives defended a tax strategy Tuesday that has saved the manufacturing giant billions in U.S. taxes. They got support from Republican senators, including one who said the company deserves an award.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities say some people are being duped by a phone scam involving callers posing as Internal Revenue Service officials.
DAYTON, Ohio - About 32,100 Ohioans have until April 15 to claim an estimated $24.5 million in income tax refunds left over from 2010.
CINCINNATI - A former partner in a major Cincinnati law firm has been suspended indefinitely from practicing law.
Tax season offers an opportunity to finally dig through that shoe box or file cabinet where you've amassed a trove of old receipts, bank statements, pay stubs and other personal financial information.
ALBANY, New York - Federal prosecutors say a 53-year-old former New York state tax department employee has been sentenced for bilking the Internal Revenue Service out of tens of thousands of dollars.
WASHINGTON - Virtual currencies like bitcoin will be taxed like property - not currency, the Internal Revenue Service said Tuesday.
RENO, Nevada - Two northern Nevada men are headed to prison for conspiring to defraud the Internal Revenue Service.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum says the state won't take enforcement action against the McMinnville-based Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum.
STILLWATER, Minnesota - Federal agents have raided the accounting business owned by the mayor of Stillwater.
WASHINGTON - More than 20,000 taxpayers have been targeted by fake Internal Revenue Service agents in the largest phone scam the agency has ever seen, the IRS inspector general said Thursday.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Internal Revenue Service says more than $3 million in federal income tax refunds for 2010 haven't been claimed in West Virginia.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Internal Revenue Service says an estimated 26,300 taxpayers in Virginia could be owed federal tax refunds for 2010.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Internal Revenue Service says millions in refunds may be waiting for 15,700 Alabamians who did not file a tax return for 2010.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Internal Revenue Service says more than 16,000 Tennesseans who didn't file their tax returns in 2010 are due refunds totaling more than $12.8 million.
WASHINGTON - If you didn't file a tax return for 2010, the Internal Revenue Service says it might have a refund waiting for you.