- NY Air National Guard opens new training center Updated: May-04-15 3:10 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The 108th Attack Squadron of the New York Air National Guard has opened a new $3.5 million facility at Hancock Field near Syracuse to train students to operate the MQ-9 Reaper weapon system.
- ND Guard sexual assault response coordinator recognized Updated: May-03-15 9:19 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A social worker who leads a program within the North Dakota National Guard to help prevent sexual assaults and aid victims in their recovery has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Massachusetts National Guard honors airmen killed on duty Updated: May-02-15 6:46 pm
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - Barnes Air National Guard Base is holding a memorial service to honor the 13 members of its 104th Fighter Wing who have died on duty since 1948.
- New Mexico National Guardsman dies at Arkansas event Updated: May-02-15 5:35 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A member of the New Mexico National Guard has died while taking part in a marksmanship competition in Arkansas.
- Whitehouse proposes extended military foreclosure protection Updated: May-02-15 3:22 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says he has introduced legislation to help protect military service members from losing their homes to foreclosure.
- 2 National Guard soldiers charged with fraud, theft in USVI Updated: May-01-15 4:28 pm
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - Two National Guard soldiers have been arrested in the U.S. Virgin Islands on charges of theft, wire fraud and making false statements.
- Kentucky National Guard unit to deploy to Afghanistan Updated: May-01-15 12:01 pm
SHELBYVILLE, Kentucky - The Army National Guard says a central Kentucky unit is preparing to deploy to Afghanistan.
- SC's 1st female general retiring from Army National Guard Updated: Apr-30-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The first woman to become a general officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard is retiring after 37 years in uniform.
- Correction: National Guard story Updated: Apr-27-15 1:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In a story April 25 about the release of National Guard emails, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the Alaska assistant attorney general. She is Cori Mills, not Connie Mills.
- Minnesota National Guard to start bird flu mission Updated: Apr-26-15 3:53 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota National Guard will use 15 military trucks to deliver water as part of its initial response to a bird flu outbreak in Minnesota.
- La. National Guard airmen in Bulgaria for training mission Updated: Apr-25-15 1:41 pm
NEW ORLEANS - About 150 Louisiana National Guard airmen are in Bulgaria for a training mission with that country's air force.
- Holyoke man pleads not guilty in soldier's slaying Updated: Apr-24-15 7:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Holyoke man charged with murder in the 2009 fatal shooting of an Iraq-bound Connecticut soldier and former high school football star has pleaded not guilty.
- Welcome home event set for La. National Guard battalion Updated: Apr-24-15 4:06 am
MONROE, Louisiana - A weekend welcome-home event is set in Monroe for members of the Louisiana National Guard's 528th Engineer Battalion
- Former guard soldier sentenced in recruitment-bonus scheme Updated: Apr-23-15 5:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Utah National Guard soldier who pleaded guilty in a scheme to pocket thousands of dollars in bogus recruitment bonuses was sentenced to five years' probation Thursday in an agreement with federal prosecutors.
- Embattled Washington state auditor surrenders passport Updated: Apr-22-15 7:26 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley, who faces federal charges of tax evasion, surrendered his passport Wednesday to federal authorities, according to court records.
- Bill would waive college tuition for National Guard members Updated: Apr-22-15 5:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bipartisan group of lawmakers is urging support for a bill that would waive in-state college tuition costs for Maine National Guard members.
- Va. National Guard members return to US from Kuwait mission Updated: Apr-22-15 6:58 am
SANDSTON, Virginia - About 70 Virginia National Guard members are coming home from a deployment to Kuwait.
- Michigan Guard members, planes deploy against Islamic State Updated: Apr-21-15 6:10 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Michigan Air National Guard says that 350 service members and 12 ground-support jets are on duty in Asia as part of the international military campaign against the Islamic State.
- SD National Guard holding food drive across the state Updated: Apr-19-15 10:38 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Volunteer members of the South Dakota National Guard are holding a food drive across the state.
- Morton National Guard unit receives award Updated: Apr-17-15 4:35 pm
MORTON, Mississippi - A Mississippi National Guard artillery unit in Morton is being presented an award for excellence by the Army.
- Ex-Reynolds teacher dropped from Oregon National Guard Updated: Apr-17-15 3:15 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A high school teacher suspended after sending inappropriate text messages has been dismissed from the Oregon National Guard for drunken driving.
- National Guard training exercise starts this weekend Updated: Apr-17-15 2:22 pm
GRAYLING, Michigan - A Michigan National Guard training exercise takes place starting this weekend at Camp Grayling, Rockport State Recreation Area and in Mackinaw City.
- Wall honoring Nevada Guard to be unveiled in Carson City Updated: Apr-17-15 12:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials are unveiling a memorial wall with the names of nearly 3,000 Nevada National Guard soldiers and airmen who have served in combat zones since Sept. 11, 2001.
- Correction: National Guardsmen-Arms Dealing story Updated: Apr-16-15 5:51 pm
SAN DIEGO - In a story April 15 about illegal gun sales, The Associated Press, relying on information from the U.S. attorney's office in San Diego, erroneously reported the affiliation of two defendants. They were members of the National Guard, not U.S. Army reservists.
- Airport seeks new lease agreement with Iowa National Guard Updated: Apr-15-15 3:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Airport Authority is seeking a new lease agreement from its long-standing tenant, the Iowa National Guard.