- Iowa National Guard unit mobilized for Afghanistan mission Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 am
JOHNSTON, Iowa - The Iowa Army National Guard says it's mobilizing a Johnston-based supply outfit for an Afghanistan support mission.
- Ohio National Guardsman sentenced in funeral honors theft Updated: Apr-24-16 12:01 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A non-commissioned officer in the Ohio National Guard has been ordered to repay nearly $11,000 after being convicted of falsely claiming travel expenses for participating in military funeral honors details.
- About 35 Vermont Air Guard members due back from Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 8:28 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - About 35 civil engineers from the Vermont Air National Guard are due to return to the state after an exercise in Florida.
- Kimball Bottoms to be closed for military training Updated: Apr-22-16 7:13 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Soldiers with the North Dakota Army National Guard will conduct training exercises at Kimball Bottoms south of Bismarck.
- Army sent Medal of Honor to the wrong place Updated: Apr-22-16 2:05 am
LAS VEGAS - In 1868, four years after Nevada became a state, the Army Medal of Honor from the Civil War era was still being awarded to cavalry soldiers for gallantry in action.
- Work starting on Selfridge jet fuel storage, delivery system Updated: Apr-21-16 9:23 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Work is officially starting on a new jet fuel storage and delivery system at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in suburban Detroit.
- Wheeling-based union local settles laborer job complaint Updated: Apr-20-16 11:12 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A Wheeling-based union local has settled claims that it failed to reinstate a National Guard member as an apprentice laborer following his return from basic training.
- Military Police company to bid farewell to Michigan Updated: Apr-18-16 8:31 pm
CORUNNA, Michigan - The Michigan Army National Guard's 144th Military Police Company based in Corunna will bid its host community farewell as it prepares to move to Nebraska as part of a government shuffle.
- New Mexico court rules against state in National Guard case Updated: Apr-18-16 9:21 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court has ruled that the state can be sued under a law protecting military personnel in their civilian employment and reinstated a National Guard soldier's award of $36,000.
- Air Force considering Ohio base for F-35A fighter jets Updated: Apr-17-16 11:52 am
SWANTON, Ohio - Military officials say the U.S. Air Force is considering northwest Ohio for one of two Air National Guard bases that will house next-generation fighter jets.
- From war to the Paralympics, a story of incredible courage Updated: Apr-17-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - Seven years ago Helman Roman's life changed forever. The Colombian immigrant was on a military mission in Afghanistan when an improvised explosive device went off under the patrol vehicle he was commanding.
- Sioux City airport plan to see $4 million taxiway project Updated: Apr-16-16 1:20 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Sioux Gateway Airport board has approved an agreement with the 185th Refueling Wing of the Iowa Air National Guard for a proposed $4 million taxiway project.
- New law gives Maine National Guard members tuition waivers Updated: Apr-15-16 3:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage has signed into law a bill aimed at bolstering and updating a Maine agency that supports veterans' services.
- NY Air National Guard unit supporting Canadian exercise Updated: Apr-15-16 1:00 am
SCOTIA, New York - Members of a New York Air National Guard unit are in the Arctic region to support an annual exercise by Canada's military forces.
- Arkansas National Guard to reopen some recruiting stations Updated: Apr-14-16 4:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas National Guard will reopen six of the 10 storefront recruiting stations that were closed after a recruiting center in Chattanooga, Tennessee, was attacked last July.
- Artillery propellant test burns begin at Camp Minden Updated: Apr-14-16 2:12 pm
MINDEN, Louisiana - The Louisiana National Guard says there's been a successful test burn of potentially explosive artillery propellant stored at Camp Minden.
- The Latest: National Guard revises glacier rescue location Updated: Apr-13-16 5:54 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the rescue of two skiers stranded in Alaska for four days (all times local):
- 30th Troop Command gains new commander in ceremony Updated: Apr-13-16 4:49 am
TULLAHOMA, Tennessee - The Tennessee Army National Guard's 30th Troop Command has a new commander.
- Oklahoma Legislature honors 45th Infantry Brigade soldiers Updated: Apr-12-16 11:55 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Legislature has honored the men and women of the state's Army and Air National Guard.
- 240 NY Army National Guard soldiers training in Louisiana Updated: Apr-12-16 6:26 am
SYRACUSE, New York - More than 200 members of the New York Army National Guard are spending the next week in Louisiana to prepare for a large-scale training exercise this summer.
- Indiana judge to serve on Guantanamo Bay detainee team Updated: Apr-10-16 5:52 pm
COLUMBIA CITY, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana judge who's also a National Guard member will be deployed to Cuba this summer to help with the litigation team that prosecutes Guantanamo Bay detainees.
- New Hampshire National Guardsmen welcomed home Updated: Apr-10-16 8:28 am
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - New Hampshire elected officials will be welcoming home members of the National Guard at a ceremony Sunday in Hooksett.
- Relocation of wildfire aircraft draws criticism Updated: Apr-09-16 8:34 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The U.S. Air Force is being criticized for a proposal to relocate military air tanker equipment used to fight wildfires to Nevada instead of Montana after officials from Montana said the planes and the support teams in Montana would be closer to bigger fires in several Western states.
- Vermont Air National Guard to train at night next week Updated: Apr-09-16 10:19 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard will be flying F-16s at night next week.
- Hawaii F-22s return from deployment targeting Islamic State Updated: Apr-08-16 4:28 pm
HONOLULU - F-22 jets from the Hawaii Air National Guard have returned to the islands after a six-month deployment targeting Islamic State.