- Arkansas Army National Guard proposes closing 8 armories Updated: May-27-15 8:16 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Army National Guard has proposed shutting down eight armories as part of a restructuring plan that will go before Gov. Asa Hutchinson.
- Dedication ceremony held for KY National Guard memorial Updated: May-26-15 11:17 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A memorial for fallen Kentucky National Guard members is now open to the public.
- Rauner names new Illinois National Guard adjutant general Updated: May-26-15 4:14 am
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner has named Brig. Gen. Richard J. Hayes Jr. as adjutant general of the Illinois National Guard.
- Vermont National Guard held Memorial Day ceremony Updated: May-25-15 9:31 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - The Vermont National Guard is remembering those who died in service.
- Mainer to represent region in 'best warrior' competition Updated: May-24-15 9:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine National Guard soldier is going to be representing New England at a national "best warrior" competition.
- National Guardsman convicted of sexually abusing daughters Updated: May-22-15 8:37 pm
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio National Guardsman accused of sexually abusing three adopted daughters and a stepdaughter at their home and trying to intimidate his children so they wouldn't discuss the allegations against him was convicted on Friday.
- 1st female combat arms officer named in Oklahoma Updated: May-22-15 5:43 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Army National Guard has named its first female Army combat arms officer.
- First female general in ND Army Guard calls it longtime goal Updated: May-21-15 1:01 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The first female general in the North Dakota Army National Guard says her father always believed she should be a general.
- SC Air National Guard flies defense exercise in Midlands Updated: May-21-15 4:07 am
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, South Carolina - The South Carolina Air National Guard is scheduled to conduct an air defense exercise over central portions of the state.
- Probe of New Jersey National Guard discrimination launched Updated: May-18-15 8:59 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former in-house New Jersey government watchdog has been hired to investigate claims of racial discrimination at the state National Guard.
- Ex-Guardsman sentenced for conspiring to steal from program Updated: May-16-15 3:39 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former Louisiana Army National Guardsman who admitted to conspiring with another soldier to steal $20,000 from a recruiting bonus program has been sentenced to three years of probation.
- Change of command set for Louisiana Air National Guard unit Updated: May-16-15 8:04 am
BELLE CHASSE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Air National Guard will welcome a new commander for its 159th Fighter Wing Sunday.
- Arkansas National Guard wants to combine 2 armories into 1 Updated: May-15-15 4:59 pm
WALNUT RIDGE, Arkansas - Citing budget cuts and weak recruitment numbers, the Arkansas National Guard has asked Gov. Asa Hutchinson for his approval in consolidating two armories into one based in Newport.
- Md. National Guard opening hangar for unmanned aircraft Updated: May-14-15 4:49 am
ST. INIGOES, Maryland - The Army National Guard is opening a new hangar for unmanned aircraft at the Navy's Webster Field in southern Maryland.
- Oklahoma Army National Guard aids cattle stranded cattle Updated: May-13-15 2:31 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma Army National Guard helicopter crew has helped about 80 head of cattle stranded due to flood waters.
- Packers defend sponsorship deals with the military Updated: May-12-15 3:18 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Green Bay Packers organization defended its sponsorship deal with the Wisconsin National Guard following recent criticism of such deals from a U.S. senator who singled out the New York Jets.
- Illinois soldiers to serve with Polish team in Afghanistan Updated: May-12-15 4:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Five soldiers from the Army National Guard base in Springfield will deploy to Afghanistan as part of a specialized team that will train with Polish soldiers.
- 6 South Dakota National Guard soldiers going to Afghanistan Updated: May-11-15 6:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Six soldiers with the South Dakota Army National Guard in Rapid City are being deployed to Afghanistan for a year
- Illinois National Guard soldier arrested by state police Updated: May-07-15 10:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois Army National Guard staff sergeant has been arrested on aggravated criminal sexual abuse charges.
- SC National Guard support group seeks armory improvements Updated: May-07-15 2:23 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Supporters of the South Carolina National Guard are trying to get lawmakers to approve $15 million to repair the state's crumbling armories.
- National Guard helicopter to assist in fighting brush fire Updated: May-06-15 4:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Army National Guard is sending a helicopter to help fight a brush fire on Bayle Mountain in Ossipee.
- Correction: Fatal Shooting-Menasha story Updated: May-06-15 2:54 pm
MENASHA, Wisconsin - In a story May 4 about shootings in the Wisconsin town of Menasha, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a family caught in the attack had been on a bike ride. The family was out for a walk. The AP, relying on information from the U.S. Army, also erroneously reported that the suspect, Sergio Daniel Valencia del Toro, joined the Michigan National Guard in 2014 before joining the Wisconsin National Guard this year. A Michigan National Guard spokesman said he never served there.
- Military leaders from Benin and Togo visiting North Dakota Updated: May-06-15 8:24 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Officials from the African nations of Benin and Togo are in North Dakota this week to further their relationship with the North Dakota National Guard.
- NY Air National Guard opens new training center Updated: May-04-15 3:10 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The 108th Attack Squadron of the New York Air National Guard has opened a new $3.5 million facility at Hancock Field near Syracuse to train students to operate the MQ-9 Reaper weapon system.
- ND Guard sexual assault response coordinator recognized Updated: May-03-15 9:19 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A social worker who leads a program within the North Dakota National Guard to help prevent sexual assaults and aid victims in their recovery has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense.