- Woman becomes 6th made general in NY Air Guard Updated: Mar-08-14 8:29 am
- NY National Guard commander to discuss Iraq book Updated: Mar-08-14 5:05 am
- Md. man to plead in no-show scam at Pa. Guard base Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- Man pleads guilty in National Guardsman's murder Updated: Mar-06-14 12:28 am
- Venezuelans mourn Chavez but protests don't break Updated: Mar-05-14 10:49 pm
- RI Air National Guard unit returns home Updated: Mar-05-14 5:55 pm
- SC Air National Guard exercise over SC, GA Updated: Mar-04-14 9:08 am
- Va. National Guard staged for storm response Updated: Mar-03-14 9:32 am
- Kansas military unit to conduct weather exercise Updated: Mar-03-14 5:05 am
- King honors Army National Guard unit for service Updated: Mar-02-14 2:41 pm
- 180th Fighter Wing in Ohio getting new commander Updated: Mar-02-14 4:05 am
- NY Guardsmen head to Africa to compete, train Updated: Mar-01-14 2:01 pm
- Florida last in National Guard-civilian ratio Updated: Mar-01-14 1:16 pm
- Mass., Conn., RI governors. oppose military cuts Updated: Mar-01-14 1:13 pm
- Ohio National Guard soldiers return from Kuwait Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 am
- Panther sues IndyCar, Rahal over sponsorship Updated: Feb-28-14 6:17 pm
- Iowa Gov. opposes national guard cuts Updated: Feb-28-14 5:43 pm
- Petition to repeal agreement between city, guard Updated: Feb-28-14 12:28 pm
- National Guard partners with 2 African countries Updated: Feb-27-14 4:13 pm
- Alaska Air National Guard rescues 3 snowmobilers Updated: Feb-27-14 12:22 am
- Air Guardsmen to pay back money in fraud case Updated: Feb-26-14 5:33 pm
- Proposals for adjutant general drawings sought Updated: Feb-26-14 4:09 pm
- SC Gov. Haley, military work to get vets jobs Updated: Feb-26-14 1:53 pm
- Iowa Gov. urges against military cuts Updated: Feb-25-14 12:24 pm
- Vt.'s senators disappointed by National Guard cuts Updated: Feb-25-14 5:10 am
ALBANY, New York - New York Air National Guard Col. Dawne Deskins is being promoted to brigadier general.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The commander of the New York Army National Guard's famous "Fighting 69th" will give a talk on the book he wrote about the unit's service in the Iraq War.
PITTSBURGH - A former civilian contractor who worked at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland is scheduled to plead guilty to helping the vice commander of a base near Pittsburgh receive extra pay in exchange for getting the civilian a no-show job at the Pennsylvania base.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A South St. Paul man pleaded guilty Wednesday in the fatal shooting of a National Guardsman, but told the judge that the guardsman's wife concocted the murder plan and convinced him that she was being abused by her husband.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of Venezuelans mourned the passing of President Hugo Chavez on the first anniversary of his death Wednesday, while National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at anti-government activists who pressed on with street protests despite the commemorations.
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - About 130 members of the Rhode Island Air National Guard are returning home following an overseas deployment.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Residents in South Carolina and Georgia may see fighter jets from the South Carolina Air National Guard participating in an air defense exercise.
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 90 members of the Virginia National Guard and the Virginia Defense Force are staged and ready to help respond to the winter storm.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Airmen of a Topeka-based Kansas National Guard unit will test their response skills this week to see how they would respond to a severe weather disaster.
BANGOR, Maine - U.S. Sen. Angus King is honoring the service of a Maine Army National Guard support battalion at a meritorious unit citation ceremony in Bangor.
SWANTON, Ohio - The Ohio Air National Guard's 180th Fighter Wing based in northwest Ohio is getting a new commander.
ALBANY, New York - Ten members of the New York National Guard are headed to Africa to participate in a marksmanship competition.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Despite ever-present threats from hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters, Florida ranks last in the ratio of Army National Guard troops to civilian residents.
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are stepping up calls on President Barack Obama to scale back the proposed shrinking of the Army National Guard.
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - The Ohio Army National Guard is welcoming home about 260 soldiers returning from deployment in Kuwait at a ceremony in southwestern Ohio.
INDIANAPOLIS - Panther Racing has sued Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, IndyCar and others, saying it lost a $17.2 million sponsorship with the Army National Guard because of bid-rigging and other improprieties.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is joining with the rest of the nation's governors to oppose any cuts to the National Guard.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield activists have submitted petitions seeking to rescind a working arrangement between the city's police department and the Missouri National Guard.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard has partnered with two African countries as part of a federal program that fosters security cooperation between other nations and the United States.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska Air National Guard helicopter crew has rescued three snowmobilers who got stranded in the Talkeetna Mountains.
PHOENIX - A prosecutor said Wednesday that numerous former and current members of the Arizona Air National Guard will likely pay back thousands of dollars and avoid trial over a scam to obtain expense pay.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state Department of Military and Veterans Affairs is soliciting proposals for an artist to draw and frame renderings of about 15 past and present adjutant generals.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and state officials are announcing an effort to help military veterans find jobs in the civilian world by bringing employers and potential workers together.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is pushing back against proposed cuts to the federal defense budget.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's two United States senators are expressing displeasure and concern over proposed cut to the National Guard.