- North Carolina National Guard to aid South Carolina cleanup Updated: Oct-08-15 5:33 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina National Guard says it is sending more than 500 soldiers and airmen to help South Carolina in efforts to recover from record flooding.
- The Latest: Governor urges evacuations along the coast Updated: Oct-08-15 12:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Woman convicted in husband's death appeals to Supreme Court Updated: Oct-08-15 12:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Attorneys for a woman convicted of aiding and abetting the murder of her husband, a Minnesota National Guard member, argue her constitutional rights were violated by prosecutors.
- NY Air Guard unit completes 1st solo drone combat mission Updated: Oct-07-15 3:05 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - A western New York-based Air National Guard unit that has made the shift from flying manned aircraft to operating remotely piloted drones has completed its first operational mission overseas without the help of other U.S. air units.
- Wyoming Guard to deactivate unit in budget cuts coming Updated: Oct-06-15 10:55 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming National Guard officials say a 183-person company will be deactivated as part of budget cuts decreasing the size of the Guard.
- Missouri National Guard to add about 400 jobs in state Updated: Oct-05-15 7:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri National Guard is planning to add about 400 full- and part-time military police and transportation jobs across the state.
- Tenn. Guard recruiters returning soon to storefront offices Updated: Oct-03-15 8:21 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State officials hope to have Tennessee National Guard recruiters back in their storefront offices in Chattanooga and across the state in coming days following security upgrades in response to a deadly attack in July.
- Arizona Army National Guard unit deploying to Kuwait Updated: Oct-02-15 9:14 am
PHOENIX - An Arizona Army National Guard unit is deploying to Kuwait to support operations against Islamic State fighters.
- NY WWI hero's Medal of Honor to be displayed in Albany Updated: Oct-02-15 3:06 am
ALBANY, New York - The Medal of Honor posthumously awarded to a World War I hero from Albany will be put on temporary display in his hometown.
- North Dakota National Guard soldiers recognized for service Updated: Sep-28-15 6:36 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Members of a North Dakota National Guard unit who served 10 months overseas have been formally recognized for their service.
- SD National Guard members visit Suriname soldiers Updated: Sep-27-15 9:07 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota National Guard members recently traveled to the South American country of Suriname (SUR'-ih-nahm) to exchange ideas with its military on the professional development of non-commissioned officers.
- Sen. Heinrich asks for audit of Army National Guard bonuses Updated: Sep-24-15 3:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich is calling on the Army National Guard to conduct an audit of bonuses for men and women who recently re-enlisted.
- Christie tells National Guard leader to slim down Updated: Sep-22-15 11:03 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie wants the leader of New Jersey's National Guard to shape up.
- Fort Smith group suing federal government over 2011 fire Updated: Sep-21-15 11:51 am
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority has filed a lawsuit against the federal government over a 2011 fire that destroyed a World War II-era hospital complex.
- ND Guard promoting SD native to brigadier general Updated: Sep-19-15 10:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Army National Guard will promote Col. Robert A. Fode of Bismarck to brigadier general on Sunday.
- Groundbreaking at Pease for hangar for refueling tankers Updated: Sep-18-15 4:05 am
NEWINGTON, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Air National Guard is holding a groundbreaking ceremony for a hangar to accommodate new aerial refueling tankers.
- ND National Guard unit to conduct emergency exercise Updated: Sep-17-15 2:05 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard's 81st Civil Support Team and other emergency personnel are slated to hold an emergency response exercise in Grand Forks.
- Man arrested again in 2012 murder of national guard sergeant Updated: Sep-16-15 4:47 pm
ANNISTON, Alabama - An Alabama man has been arrested a second time in the 2012 murder of an Army National Guard sergeant.
- Soldiers from Slovakia training with Indiana Guard troops Updated: Sep-16-15 11:38 am
INDIANAPOLIS - More than 70 soldiers from the European country of Slovakia are in Indiana for training with National Guard troops.
- NY National Guard helicopter crew headed to Mexican border Updated: Sep-15-15 1:42 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York Army National Guard helicopter crew is headed to the U.S.-Mexico border to conduct aerial reconnaissance missions.
- National Guard rescues 3 from Cook Inlet mudflats Updated: Sep-11-15 4:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska National Guard rescued three people Friday who were stranded on the mudflats in Cook Inlet after their boat began to take on water.
- Minnesota Guardsman pleads guilty to making child porn Updated: Sep-10-15 7:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota National Guardsman has pleaded guilty to getting a 14-year-old girl to send him sexually explicit photos while he was deployed in Afghanistan.