- Stranded Florida whales on move as rescue efforts... Updated: Dec-06-13 11:46 am
- Rescue mission futile for whales stranded in Everglades... Updated: Dec-05-13 2:20 pm
- Weak 2013 Atlantic hurricane season draws to close Updated: Nov-25-13 5:31 pm
- Zooplankton decline reported in North Atlantic Updated: Nov-19-13 3:11 pm
- Maine's aquaculture industry bouncing back Updated: Nov-16-13 11:52 am
- NOAA: No giant floating island of tsunami debris Updated: Nov-07-13 2:08 pm
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Fla. - Defying predictions of doom, dozens of pilot whales have surprised scientists by making their way offshore from shallow waters where they had been trapped at Everglades National Park.
12-05-13 - EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Fla. - Time is running out for dozens of pilot whales trapped in shallow water off a remote beach on the western edge of Everglades National Park.
MIAMI - The 2013 Atlantic season has delivered the fewest hurricanes since 1982, U.S. forecasters said Monday, despite their predictions in May that it would be a busier than normal year.
PORTLAND, Maine - The microscopic creatures that make up a critical link in the ocean food chain declined dramatically the first half of this year in the North Atlantic as ocean temperatures remained among the warmest on record, federal scientists say.
PORTLAND, Maine - About a decade after state's salmon-farming industry tanked, the aquaculture industry is continuing to rebound and has become more diverse than it was when it consisted solely of Atlantic salmon.
WASHINGTON - Federal officials say there is no island of debris from the 2011 Japanese tsunami floating toward the United States.