- NRC holding meeting to discuss Catawba Nuclear Updated: Apr-24-14 4:10 am
- Connecticut's nuclear plant can use warmer water Updated: Apr-21-14 5:55 pm
- Proposed western SD uranium mine clears hurdle Updated: Apr-10-14 9:31 am
- Nebraska nuke plant at full power after outage Updated: Apr-02-14 2:46 pm
- NRC lets Constellation transfer nuke licenses Updated: Apr-02-14 3:06 am
- NRC official urges fixes at Monticello Updated: Apr-01-14 2:44 pm
- Unexpected reactor shutdown at NH nuclear plant Updated: Apr-01-14 11:41 am
- NRC to hold public meeting on Monticello safety Updated: Mar-30-14 5:04 am
- Lessons learned from 1979 Three Mile Island crisis Updated: Mar-28-14 11:49 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Federal regulators are scheduled to discuss an assessment of a nuclear power plant in South Carolina.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's nuclear power plant won permission to use warmer water from Long Island Sound for cooling at one of its two units in Waterford, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced Monday.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has issued an operating license for a proposed uranium mine in western South Dakota's Black Hills, though it isn't the only hurdle for the project and opponents say they'll fight the move.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Nebraska nuclear plant is operating at full power again after its second brief outage in the past three months, utility officials said Wednesday.
SCRIBA, New York - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has approved the direct transfer of operating licenses for five commercial nuclear power reactors, including three in upstate New York.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Xcel Energy should work to improve the "degraded" performance of its Monticello nuclear plant, a top Nuclear Regulatory Commission official said.
SEABROOK, New Hampshire - An unexpected reactor shutdown happened at New Hampshire's Seabrook nuclear power plant as the plant was shutting down for planned refueling and maintenance early Tuesday, a Nuclear Regulatory Commission spokesman said.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Officials from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission will hold a public meeting Monday night to discuss its latest safety review for Xcel Energy's nuclear power plant in Monticello.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - In 1979, Hollis Stambaugh was in her fifth year as a city planner and emergency manager in Lancaster.