- Regulators deny request to idle California nuclear plant Updated: May-21-15 9:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Federal regulators Thursday turned away a request from environmental activists to idle California's Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant to determine if its reactors can withstand strong shaking from nearby earthquake faults.
- NRC orders more research on earthquake risk at nuke plants Updated: May-13-15 6:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Federal regulators want nuclear power plants in California and Washington state to conduct additional, in-depth research into earthquake risks.
- Long-delayed nuclear plant in Tennessee nears completion Updated: May-10-15 1:22 pm
SPRING CITY, Tennessee - Tom Wallace started working at the Watts Bar nuclear plant as a young man in 1979, hoping he could eventually become a reactor operator.
- NRC identifies 3 violations at Millstone plant in Waterford Updated: May-01-15 6:10 pm
WATERFORD, Connecticut - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says it has identified three apparent violations from 2011 at the Millstone nuclear power complex in Waterford.
- NRC holding public meeting on Duke's Robinson nuclear plant Updated: Apr-29-15 4:14 am
HARTSVILLE, South Carolina - Federal regulators are holding a public meeting to discuss operations at a South Carolina nuclear plant.