- TVA's Sequoyah reactors have licenses renewed Updated: Sep-29-15 4:02 am
SODDY-DAISY, Tennessee - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has renewed operating licenses for both reactors at Tennessee Valley Authority's Sequoyah Nuclear Plant in Soddy-Daisy.
- Correction: Vermont Yankee story Updated: Sep-25-15 11:04 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - In a story Sept. 24 about the owner of the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant, The Associated Press erroneously reported which government agency requires a 30-day notice before the plant owners withdraw money from a decommissioning fund. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission requires notification, not the state of Vermont. The story also erroneously reported the state's role. The state may ask to be notified when requests for withdrawals are made, not ask for hearings.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspecting Callaway plant Updated: Sep-21-15 1:09 pm
FULTON, Missouri - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is conducting an inspection at the Callaway Nuclear Plant in central Missouri.
- Debate resumes in Las Vegas about Nevada nuclear dump idea Updated: Sep-16-15 1:13 am
LAS VEGAS - The debate resumed Tuesday in Nevada about the possibility of radioactive contamination of the underground water supply from a proposed national nuclear waste repository in the desert near where nuclear weapons tests were conducted for decades.
- Regulators halt study of cancer risks at 7 nuclear plants Updated: Sep-09-15 2:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal regulators are pulling the plug on a five-year study of the risk of cancer in communities around six U.S. nuclear plants and a nuclear fuel site.