- Proposed western SD uranium mine clears hurdle Updated: Apr-10-14 9:31 am
- Nebraska nuke plant at full power after outage Updated: Apr-02-14 2:46 pm
- NRC lets Constellation transfer nuke licenses Updated: Apr-02-14 3:06 am
- NRC official urges fixes at Monticello Updated: Apr-01-14 2:44 pm
- Unexpected reactor shutdown at NH nuclear plant Updated: Apr-01-14 11:41 am
- NRC to hold public meeting on Monticello safety Updated: Mar-30-14 5:04 am
- Lessons learned from 1979 Three Mile Island crisis Updated: Mar-28-14 11:49 am
- NRC: Vermont Yankee security violated procedures Updated: Mar-22-14 3:40 pm
- Environmentalists oppose nuclear plant extension Updated: Mar-22-14 11:22 am
- Gov Patrick shares concerns about Pilgrim plant Updated: Mar-20-14 6:00 pm
- Democrat Magwood stepping down from nuclear panel Updated: Mar-19-14 4:08 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has issued an operating license for a proposed uranium mine in western South Dakota's Black Hills, though it isn't the only hurdle for the project and opponents say they'll fight the move.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Nebraska nuclear plant is operating at full power again after its second brief outage in the past three months, utility officials said Wednesday.
SCRIBA, New York - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has approved the direct transfer of operating licenses for five commercial nuclear power reactors, including three in upstate New York.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Xcel Energy should work to improve the "degraded" performance of its Monticello nuclear plant, a top Nuclear Regulatory Commission official said.
SEABROOK, New Hampshire - An unexpected reactor shutdown happened at New Hampshire's Seabrook nuclear power plant as the plant was shutting down for planned refueling and maintenance early Tuesday, a Nuclear Regulatory Commission spokesman said.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Officials from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission will hold a public meeting Monday night to discuss its latest safety review for Xcel Energy's nuclear power plant in Monticello.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - In 1979, Hollis Stambaugh was in her fifth year as a city planner and emergency manager in Lancaster.
VERNON, Vermont - Federal regulators say security officials at the Vermont Yankee plant violated Entergy Nuclear's safety procedures last November in how they dealt with a suspected pipe bomb.
FULTON, Missouri - A Missouri environmental group is urging federal regulators to hold off on issuing a 20-year extension for a central Missouri nuclear power plant until questions about future storage of fuel rods are answered.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick has written the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, expressing concerns about the safety of the Pilgrim nuclear power plant in Plymouth.
WASHINGTON - William Magwood, a member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission whose criticism helped lead to the ouster of the agency's former chairman, said Wednesday he soon will be leaving the five-member commission.