- Effort to build new Lake Ontario nuke plant halted Updated: Dec-06-13 3:04 am
- Neb. utility says idle nuke plant ready to restart Updated: Dec-04-13 6:55 pm
- Wyo. regulation of uranium mining would cost $4.5M Updated: Dec-04-13 6:52 pm
- Boxer says records possibly missing on San Onofre Updated: Nov-21-13 7:50 pm
- NRC says it will resume study of Nevada nuke site Updated: Nov-18-13 1:17 pm
- NRC inspects WA nuclear plant for security Updated: Nov-13-13 12:38 pm
- Luminant suspends nuclear plant expansion bid Updated: Nov-09-13 9:52 pm
- Low-level safety violation found at Millstone Updated: Nov-08-13 5:14 pm
- Palo Verde unit cuts power for valve problem Updated: Nov-07-13 5:34 pm
SCRIBA, New York - UniStar Nuclear Energy is completely withdrawing its application to build a third nuclear power plant at Nine Mile Point on Lake Ontario.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska utility that owns a nuclear power plant that has been idle since April 2011 says the troubled plant is now ready to restart, but federal regulators will make the final decision.
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming would need six years and $4.5 million to take over regulation of the state's uranium industry from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, according to a new report released by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality.
LOS ANGELES - California Sen. Barbara Boxer said Thursday that federal regulators might be improperly concealing documents on a long-running investigation at the now-closed San Onofre nuclear power plant.
WASHINGTON - Responding to a court order, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has directed its staff to complete work on a key safety report related to a never-completed nuclear waste dump in Nevada.
RICHLAND, Washington - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission conducted a special inspection of the Energy Northwest power plant near Richland because of a Sept. 12 incident related to security.
DALLAS - The owner of a North Texas nuclear power plant has tabled its request for federal permission to expand.
WATERFORD, Connecticut - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has cited Connecticut's nuclear plant for a low-level safety violation.
WINTERSBURG, Arizona - Power output at one of Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station's three reactors has been cut because of a problem with a main steam valve, plant operator Arizona Public Service said Thursday.