- Demolition plan OK'd in southern Ohio uranium plant cleanup Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State and federal agencies have agreed on a plan for demolishing huge buildings and other facilities from a Cold War-era uranium plant in southern Ohio.
- Mississippi delegation attacks carbon dioxide limits Updated: Jul-23-15 11:55 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - All members of Mississippi's congressional delegation say new federal carbon dioxide reduction goals are prohibitively expensive and unattainable, despite significant investments to improve air quality in the state.
- USDA: Bird flu vaccine works on chickens; testing on turkeys Updated: Jul-22-15 6:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scientists have developed a vaccine strain that has tested 100 percent effective in protecting chickens from bird flu and testing is underway to see if it also protects turkeys, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told the House Agriculture Committee at a hearing on Wednesday.
- Methane hot spot prompts delegation to ask for quick action Updated: Jul-20-15 4:10 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Members of New Mexico's congressional delegation on Monday pointed to a hot spot of the potent global-warming gas methane over part of the American Southwest, saying federal officials need to move quickly on reviewing new rules for curbing waste in oil and gas production.
- House passes another bill to stem California drought Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The House on Thursday passed GOP-led legislation designed to bring more water to California's farm belt amid a severe and lengthy drought.
- Under fire for data breach, Obama personnel chief steps down Updated: Jul-10-15 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The embattled head of the government's personnel office abruptly stepped down Friday, bowing to mounting pressure following the unprecedented breach of private information her agency was entrusted to protect.
- Pence elevates revenue chief of staff to commissioner Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An attorney who once served as Indiana's public access counselor has been tapped as the new commissioner for the state Department of Revenue.