- North Dakota to slash state spending after oil price fall Updated: Jan-22-16 3:29 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A dramatic drop in North Dakota tax collections due to declining oil activity will force cuts in state government and a likely raid on a rainy day fund to make up for millions of dollars in shortfalls, the state's top budget writer said Friday.
- $510M Charleston Harbor Deepening passes another milestone Updated: Jan-14-16 2:48 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The $510 million deepening of the Charleston Harbor shipping channel has reached another milestone.
- House GOP roads chairman says Pence funding plan a 'gamble' Updated: Jan-13-16 8:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A key Republican leader on transportation issues dismissed Gov. Mike Pence's short-term plan to rebuild the state's infrastructure as a "gamble" that would not provide a steady stream of funding to maintain deteriorating roads and bridges.
- Delaware auditor questions energy efficiency project Updated: Jan-12-16 7:20 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's state auditor says there's no proof that a multimillion-dollar energy efficiency project involving legislative mall buildings will ever pay off for taxpayers.
- White House says Obama's final budget to be unveiled Feb. 9 Updated: Jan-07-16 5:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama's final recommended budget will be released on Feb. 9.