- Obama wildfire proposal could help timber industry Updated: Mar-05-14 10:56 am
- Agency-by-agency summary of Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Senators look for e-cigarette marketing limits Updated: Feb-26-14 4:19 pm
- Dam project draws attention to renewable goal Updated: Feb-17-14 3:14 pm
- School fund boosts don't always reach classrooms Updated: Feb-14-14 3:23 pm
- Criminals' dividend checks may go to victims' fund Updated: Feb-13-14 7:34 pm
- Pence pushes preschool funding amid cost concerns Updated: Feb-13-14 8:17 am
- Alaska budget officials grilled on 10-year plan Updated: Feb-10-14 11:29 pm
APPLETON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama has proposed using disaster funds to help fight wildfires to avoid draining forestry budgets, a move that could help boost Wisconsin's timber industry.
Agency: Health and Human Services
RICHMOND, Virginia - Several U.S. senators on Wednesday introduced a bill that would curb electronic cigarette marketing while the fast-growing industry awaits regulation by the Food and Drug Administration.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In 2010, the state adopted an energy policy that, among other things, set a goal of having 50 percent Alaska's electric generation come from renewable and alternative energy sources by 2025.
SALT LAKE CITY - When lawmakers decided to boost per-pupil spending last year by 2 percent, many Utahns cheered, envisioning that cash raining on teachers and classrooms.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate State Affairs Committee has advanced a bill calling for the annual state oil wealth disbursement checks of those incarcerated to go first toward victim compensation.
INDIANAPOLIS - A plan to use state funds to pay for children of low-income families to attend preschool is drawing questions from Indiana lawmakers concerned about the cost.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Members of the House Finance Committee grilled state budget officials Monday on how realistic their 10-year budget plan is.