- Funeral service held for Detroit man shot by federal agent Updated: May-06-15 5:37 pm
DETROIT - Funeral services have been held for a 20-year-old Detroit man shot to death by a member of a regional fugitive task force that was seeking him.
- El Paso County deputies halt special immigration enforcement Updated: May-02-15 5:31 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The El Paso County Sheriff's Office will no longer carry out certain immigration law duties at the county jail on behalf of the federal government, saying it costs too much and takes up too much time.
- Mexico arrests suspect in forced-prostitution ring Updated: Apr-30-15 4:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - U.S. officials say they joined Mexican authorities last month in arresting one of the leaders of a forced-prostitution ring that used young women from Mexico in a New York City operation.
- Obama lives up to pledge to slow immigrant deportations Updated: Apr-29-15 8:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has failed to live up to a campaign promise to push through immigration legislation, but he has met a postelection pledge to slow deportations with or without approval from Congress.
- US attorney to monitor probe of Detroit man's fatal shooting Updated: Apr-28-15 7:40 pm
DETROIT - U.S. authorities will monitor a Detroit police investigation into the fatal shooting of a man by a federal agent who was part of a team seeking him on a warrant, the U.S. attorney in Detroit said Tuesday.
- Lawsuit: Hunger-striking immigrant moms faced retaliation Updated: Apr-23-15 8:25 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Three immigrant mothers held at a Texas detention facility filed a lawsuit Thursday alleging that they were held in isolation in retaliation for their hunger strike to protest their detention and conditions at the center.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for April 22 Updated: Apr-21-15 5:25 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- ICE targets 700 Miami firms for money laundering scrutiny Updated: Apr-21-15 2:35 pm
MIAMI - Federal investigators are targeting 700 businesses in the Miami area for enhanced scrutiny to detect trade-based money laundering schemes involving Latin American criminal organizations, authorities announced Tuesday.
- Watchdog: ICE could have saved millions on detainee flights Updated: Apr-17-15 4:38 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Millions of dollars might have been saved through better management and by not leaving seats empty on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement charter flights carrying detained immigrants to their home countries, according to an internal watchdog report released Friday.
- NC mulls funding for veterans to investigate child predators Updated: Apr-16-15 4:31 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A program that trains wounded veterans to track child predators with cyber-sleuthing techniques is urging North Carolina lawmakers to give law enforcement agencies money to hire the analysts.
- Man wanted in Iowa arrested in Ohio after traffic stop Updated: Apr-15-15 5:34 pm
WAPELLO, Iowa - A man wanted in Iowa on attempted murder and terrorism charges dating to 2001 has been arrested following an Ohio traffic stop.
- US deports Salvadoran ex-general tied to 1980s rights abuses Updated: Apr-08-15 8:13 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A former general linked to human rights abuses during El Salvador's civil war in the 1980s was deported by the U.S. on Wednesday and flown to his home country, where officials said he faces no charges or restrictions on his movements.
- 22 arrested in Las Vegas area suspected of gang affiliation Updated: Apr-08-15 6:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities arrested 22 gang members in the Las Vegas area as part of a nationwide operation led by immigration officials.
- 18 arrested in Utah, suspected of gang affiliation Updated: Apr-08-15 1:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police arrested 18 gang members in Utah as part of a nationwide operation led by immigration officials.