- Immigrant family detention center granted child-care license Updated: May-03-16 6:07 pm
HOUSTON - One of the nation's largest detention centers for families caught crossing the southern U.S. border has received a temporary residential child-care license, amid discussions over whether the federal government will keep using such facilities.
- Russian man dies at San Diego immigration detention center Updated: May-03-16 4:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a Russian man has died at a San Diego immigration detention center. The cause of death is undetermined.
- 11 Cubans on 1984 list deported, but no US policy change Updated: Apr-29-16 7:06 pm
MIAMI - The U.S. has deported 11 Cubans under an agreement Washington made with Havana after a massive 1980 boatlift.
- Bill to punish 'sanctuary cities' advances in La. House Updated: Apr-21-16 4:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A bid to punish jurisdictions that don't follow federal immigration law has advanced in the Louisiana House, and turned lawmakers' attention to New Orleans.
- Federal lawyer gets 30 days for forging document Updated: Apr-20-16 7:03 pm
SEATTLE - A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement attorney was sentenced to 30 days in jail Wednesday for forging a document to make it look like a Mexican man who wanted to stay in the United States was not eligible to do so.
- 993 kilograms of cocaine seized off Dominican Republic Updated: Apr-15-16 3:17 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a South Florida drug task force seized 993 kilograms of cocaine about 95 miles south of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- $75,000 cash seized from car on I-95 in SC Updated: Apr-11-16 8:16 am
YEMASSEE, South Carolina - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are investigating after authorities seized $75,000 cash from a car that an officer stopped on Interstate 95 in South Carolina.