- Oregon ruling spurs halt on immigration detainers Updated: Apr-17-14 8:25 pm
- Orcas Island residents try to stop deportation Updated: Apr-10-14 4:00 pm
- Jailed boxer Carlos Molina still in Las Vegas jail Updated: Apr-08-14 11:43 am
- Rallies in cities across US decrying deportation Updated: Apr-05-14 10:08 pm
- 2 tunnels found under California-Mexico border Updated: Apr-04-14 9:50 pm
- Deportation ruling will let student graduate Updated: Apr-04-14 2:05 pm
- Immigration sweep nets 19 arrests in Kansas Updated: Apr-02-14 1:28 pm
- US praises Mexico for role in drug kingpin arrest Updated: Apr-02-14 12:33 pm
- Emergency: Detainee at federal center hospitalized Updated: Mar-26-14 12:07 am
- Feds look for child pornography on lawmaker's computers Updated: Mar-22-14 2:46 pm
- Democratic lawmaker resigns, cites health reasons Updated: Mar-19-14 7:10 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge in Oregon has found that an immigrant woman's constitutional rights were violated when she was held in jail without probable cause at the request of U.S. immigration authorities, one of several recent federal court decisions to scrutinize the practice of keeping people in jail after they're eligible for release so that they can be considered for deportation.
SEATTLE - People on Orcas Island are uniting around the sole operator of a small family-run sawmill there, saying his scheduled deportation to Mexico this month could force that business closed and harm the region's economy.
LAS VEGAS - An attorney for boxer Carlos Molina has told a judge in Las Vegas that attorneys hope to get a Wisconsin warrant withdrawn and then get immigration proceedings resolved so Molina can be freed from jail.
PHOENIX - Immigration advocates and supporters rallied Saturday in cities across the country in a renewed effort to push President Barack Obama to put a freeze on deportations.
SAN DIEGO - Two drug-smuggling tunnels with rail systems stretching hundreds of yards across the U.S.-Mexico border were discovered by law enforcement officials, and a 73-year-old woman was charged with helping run one operation, federal authorities said Friday.
SILVERTHORNE, Colorado - A Colorado high school student who was locked up by immigration authorities is back in class in time to graduate after his attorney won a delay in his deportation proceedings.
LIBERAL, Kansas - Immigration officials say 19 people were arrested in an operation in Liberal in the southwest Kansas.
WASHINGTON - The relationship between U.S. law enforcement and their counterparts in Mexico has never been stronger, and the arrest of Mexico's most wanted drug cartel leader earlier this year is proof of that, a senior Homeland Security Department official told Congress on Wednesday.
TACOMA,Wash. - A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official says a man held at a federal immigration detention center in Tacoma, Washington, was taken to a hospital after a "medical emergency." Other detainees told a newspaper that the man had tried to hang himself.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Federal agents were searching for child pornography when they seized computers from former state Rep. Keith Farnham's home and offices this month, according to a search warrant released to The Associated Press on Saturday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A state lawmaker whose home and office were the targets of federal search warrants last week resigned Wednesday, saying he has to devote his attention to "battling serious health issues."