- House speaker, ex-health chairman clash over demotion Updated: Nov-27-15 11:56 am
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - The former chairman of the Indiana House health committee blames his removal from the position on his policy differences with fellow Republicans, a claim the GOP House speaker disputes.
- Veteran Indiana state Sen. Rogers considering retirement Updated: Nov-25-15 12:38 pm
GARY, Indiana - One of the longest-serving members of the Indiana Legislature says she's considering not seeking re-election next year.
- LGBT rights a major issue, but GOP has other priorities Updated: Nov-22-15 11:43 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The debate over whether to extend civil rights protections to gays and lesbians in Indiana drew throngs of demonstrators to the Statehouse last week, where lawmakers gathered to set the agenda for the coming legislative session.
- Some Indiana cities worry about impact of proposed LGBT bill Updated: Nov-20-15 5:56 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Officials in some Indiana cities with ordinances that provide protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents are worried that a bill lawmakers will consider in the 2016 session could undermine their local authority.
- GOP state senator from northern Indiana won't seek new term Updated: Nov-18-15 2:13 pm
MIDDLEBURY, Indiana - A Republican state senator who sponsored this year's contentious repeal of Indiana's law for setting wages on public construction projects will not seek re-election.
- Indiana House leader backing tighter cold medicine law Updated: Nov-18-15 9:23 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The top Republican in the Indiana House says he believes doctor's prescriptions should be required for cold medications containing a drug that's often used in making methamphetamine.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Nov-18-15 9:22 am
The Indianapolis Star. Nov. 13, 2015.
- GOP bill on Indiana LGBT rights has religious exemptions Updated: Nov-17-15 6:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Senate Republicans released a proposal Tuesday that would extend state civil rights protections to LGBT people while also carving out broad exemptions for religious institutions and some small businesses that object to working with gay people.
- Backers and opponents of LGBT rights descend on Statehouse Updated: Nov-17-15 12:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Supporters and opponents of expanding LGBT rights in Indiana have descended on the Statehouse, with both sides citing Christian beliefs as justification for their positions.
- GOP legislator resigning year after costly re-election win Updated: Nov-16-15 5:00 pm
BLOOMFIELD, Indiana - A Republican state legislator is resigning his seat a year after winning a re-election campaign that cost nearly $500,000.
- Pence critic starts PAC for Indiana GOP Senate candidate Updated: Nov-10-15 6:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A prominent Republican critic of Gov. Mike Pence has started a new political action committee to boost the campaign of GOP U.S. Senate candidate Eric Holcomb.
- Legislative panel endorses denying rapists parental rights Updated: Nov-01-15 12:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Some Indiana legislators are backing a change in state law aimed at denying parental rights to rapists if the assault results in a pregnancy.