- House Public Policy Chair Dermony won't seek re-election Updated: Aug-21-15 2:25 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A high-ranking Republican member of the Indiana House says he won't seek re-election to a sixth term next year.
- Indiana lawmakers to consider expanding DNA testing Updated: Aug-19-15 5:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - After hearing testimony from a national advocate for DNA sampling, an Indiana legislative study panel is considering whether to recommend that state lawmakers take up a proposal to expand testing to any person arrested for a felony.
- Former head of The Arc of Indiana, running for Senate Updated: Aug-15-15 5:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A political newcomer who has spent his career advocating for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities announced Saturday he is running for the Democratic nomination to replace retiring Republican U.S. Sen. Dan Coats.
- Indiana legislative committee to study teacher shortage Updated: Aug-15-15 2:49 pm
GREENSBURG, Indiana - A state legislative committee will look in to why Indiana is seeing a decline in number of people becoming teachers.
- Judge rules Indiana lawmakers can keep emails private Updated: Aug-12-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state representative's emails and other correspondence with utility company officials about proposed legislation can remain private, a Marion County judge has ruled.