- Indiana Gov. Pence signs utility energy-efficiency bill Updated: May-06-15 5:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has signed a new law to reduce state oversight of the energy efficiency programs of major utilities.
- Pence signs bill repealing Indiana construction wage law Updated: May-06-15 5:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Local boards will no longer set minimum wages for public construction projects in Indiana under a law signed Wednesday by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
- Indiana set to start grant program to reduce infant deaths Updated: May-05-15 3:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new state grant program aimed at trying to reduce Indiana's infant mortality rate is set to start this summer.
- Indiana lawmakers could meet in June for technical session Updated: May-05-15 3:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers could return to the Statehouse next month to correct errors in new statutes or override a veto by the governor.
- Pence signs bill tightening Indiana's state ethics laws Updated: May-04-15 4:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has endorsed an overhaul of state ethics laws that requires greater financial disclosure by lawmakers and expressly prohibits elected officials from using state resources for political purposes.
- Religious objections turmoil likely to spill into next year Updated: May-03-15 9:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's legislative session wrapped up with little talk of this year's biggest controversy, but don't expect the Religious Freedom Restoration Act turmoil to go away.
- K-12 schools prepare for funding boosts, cuts in new budget Updated: May-01-15 7:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - As Indiana's fast-growing suburban districts breathe a sigh of relief with more funding on the way, many urban and rural districts are bracing for drastic cuts under the state's new budget and experts say there might not be a middle ground between the two.
- Lawmakers back shifting school policy authority from Ritz Updated: Apr-29-15 9:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers have approved a proposal that strips Democratic state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz of some of her authority over the State Board of Education.
- Pence signs Indiana ban on powdered alcohol into law Updated: Apr-29-15 5:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents will be barred from purchasing, selling or using a powdered form of alcohol under a bill Gov. Mike Pence has signed into law.
- Indiana lawmakers ask Congress to block South Bend casino Updated: Apr-29-15 4:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana General Assembly has passed a resolution asking Congress to block a plan to build a tribal casino in South Bend.
- Pence backs proposed shifting of school authority from Ritz Updated: Apr-29-15 1:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence says he's supporting a push in the final hours of the Indiana legislative session that would shift authority over the state's private school voucher program away from Democratic state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz.
- Bill to allow search fee for public records sent to Pence Updated: Apr-29-15 12:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana bill that would allow a fee for public records requests that take longer than two hours to fulfill will be sent to Gov. Mike Pence's desk.
- Lawmakers reconsidering search fee for public records Updated: Apr-28-15 10:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fee for public records requests that take longer than two hours to fulfill is back on the table this session, Indiana lawmakers said Tuesday.
- Indiana needle-exchange bill would require proof of epidemic Updated: Apr-28-15 2:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers are nearing final decisions on a proposal to legalize needle-exchange programs following an HIV outbreak in southern Indiana.
- Conservative pastors slam Bosma, Long over religion law fix Updated: Apr-27-15 5:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence and legislative leaders failed to protect religious liberties by approving a change to Indiana's religious objections law, conservative religious leaders said Monday.
- Congressman introduces resolution to protect LGBT people Updated: Apr-26-15 1:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A congressman from Rhode Island is banding with other lawmakers to introduce a resolution seeking to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people from discrimination under the law as religious objection bills in other states have prompted protests.
- Jindal blasts companies opposed to religious objections bill Updated: Apr-23-15 7:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal said Thursday that businesses opposed to religious objections laws are entering an "unholy alliance" with the same liberal elites who support more taxes, regulation and "demonize" profit-making.
- Deal calls for special study of ISTEP exam's future Updated: Apr-23-15 2:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana legislators have decided to put on hold a proposal that would scrap the state's ISTEP standardized test for students.
- Gov. Pence signs bill creating unified fire training system Updated: Apr-23-15 12:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A new law will give Indiana firefighters access to high-quality training and a standardized curriculum that public safety officials say is long overdue.
- Indiana state senator returns from 8-month deployment Updated: Apr-23-15 3:37 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Indiana state senator who was deployed to Afghanistan for eight months as a member of the Navy Reserve is back in Indiana.
- Push to help legalize hemp production dies in Legislature Updated: Apr-22-15 4:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Efforts to help Indiana gain federal approval to grow and sell industrial hemp have died this legislative session, the bill's author said Wednesday.
- Indiana Senate backs bill loosening rules on wine sales Updated: Apr-22-15 6:19 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents will have an easier time having wine shipped to their homes under a bill approved by state lawmakers.
- Lawmaker seeks to drop drug testing for welfare recipients Updated: Apr-21-15 1:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The lawmaker behind a proposal to drug test certain welfare recipients backed away from the idea Tuesday, instead calling for further study on the issue.
- Longtime lawmaker's widow takes his place in Indiana House Updated: Apr-20-15 12:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The widow of a longtime state lawmaker from northwestern Indiana is taking his place in the General Assembly.
- GOP Rep. Brooks decides against US Senate campaign Updated: Apr-20-15 12:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Another member of Indiana's congressional delegation is taking a pass on running for the U.S. Senate seat that Republican Dan Coats is giving up.