- Senate approves added job protections for women Updated: Apr-23-14 3:38 pm
- Minn. lawmakers wrestle with privacy protection Updated: Apr-23-14 12:59 pm
- Minn. Senate backs new cell phone tracking rules Updated: Apr-23-14 10:10 am
- Stopping Minn. e-lotto tickets wouldn't come cheap Updated: Apr-22-14 3:49 pm
- Abeler says he won't seek re-election to House Updated: Apr-22-14 12:46 pm
- Minnesota lawmakers tilt toward session finish Updated: Apr-22-14 5:05 am
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-21-14 5:09 pm
- Some lawmakers wonder who really makes Minn. laws Updated: Apr-21-14 12:07 pm
- Oil transport draws cry for disaster training help Updated: Apr-19-14 9:30 am
- Teacher Fietek launches Minn. House campaign Updated: Apr-18-14 11:34 am
- Senate hopeful Ortman reports $375K in Q1 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:22 am
- Minnesota Senate rivals tied to investment firm Updated: Apr-11-14 1:49 pm
- Minn. Senate passes tax bill with additional cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Obama praises lawmakers for raising minimum wage Updated: Apr-10-14 5:09 pm
- Minnesota considers ending lawmaker immunity law Updated: Apr-10-14 5:05 pm
- Senate panel's medical pot hearing to be continued Updated: Apr-10-14 4:26 pm
- Dayton approves tougher anti-bullying law Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 pm
- Minnesota Senate OKs bill for overdose immunity Updated: Apr-09-14 10:58 am
- Minnesota House passes anti-bullying bill Updated: Apr-09-14 2:31 am
- As Senate approves budget, Dayton urges restraint Updated: Apr-08-14 8:41 pm
- Minnesota Senate panel backs $77M Senate building Updated: Apr-07-14 8:22 pm
- Minn. farm families could get property tax relief Updated: Apr-04-14 9:12 pm
- Minn. House passes $322M budget plan Updated: Apr-04-14 1:26 am
- Minnesota Senate passes anti-bullying bill Updated: Apr-03-14 9:14 pm
- Drone bills hit turbulence in Minn. Legislature Updated: Apr-02-14 7:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Senate approved wide-ranging legislation Wednesday to expand workplace protections for women including provisions aimed at leveling pay and accommodating pregnancies.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers entered final negotiations Wednesday on a bill intended to stop public employees from snooping in citizens' private data.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - New restrictions on police use of cell phone tracking technology have won backing from the Minnesota Senate.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers are in a lottery pickle: Let sales of virtual tickets continue over bipartisan objections or be forced to find millions of dollars to shut the venture down.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Anoka Republican Jim Abeler says he won't seek re-election to his House seat as he focuses on running for U.S. Senate.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers are back in action after a week away from the Capitol, but their annual session is rapidly winding down.
Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 18
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - On issues ranging from medical marijuana to privacy, some Minnesota lawmakers are concerned police and prosecutors are spending too much time at the Capitol to protect and serve their own interests.
STAPLES, Minnesota - Trains have traveled through this part of Minnesota for just under 150 years, and as the small town of Staples grew around their tracks, railroads were virtually the only source of jobs for decades.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A teacher who spoke out for gay students during a bullying debate in the state's largest school district says he's running for a state House seat.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Julianne Ortman says her campaign raised $375,000 during the first quarter.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democrats fighting to protect Minnesota Sen. Al Franken's seat want to replicate the last presidential campaign playbook by casting a well-funded GOP challenger as a corporate raider who put profit over people.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Senate has given approval to another $101 million in tax breaks, but the array of relief differs from a House version.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - President Barack Obama is praising Minnesota lawmakers for raising the state's minimum wage.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A college project that alleged some state lawmakers might have used immunity to avoid drunken-driving arrests has sparked debate in Minnesota over whether to scrap a more than 150-year-old protection similar to those still on the books for Congress and most state legislatures.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Medical marijuana has not yet been snuffed out in Minnesota.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - An anti-bullying law that replaces one some found too weak is now in place.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A bill passed by the Minnesota Senate provides immunity for drug users who overdose and those who call 911 for help.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota House voted early Wednesday to pass a bill aimed at strengthening the state's anti-bullying law, sending the measure to Gov. Mark Dayton to sign.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Senate has approved its plan to spend part of the state's budget surplus on programs geared toward the youngest learners and the care of the elderly patients.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A plan to construct a $77 million building to house Minnesota's 67 state senators is moving forward after the Senate Rules Committee approved the proposal on Monday.
MINNEAPOLIS - Most Minnesota farm families would get an extra $260 in property tax relief per year under legislation that's meant to ease the squeeze they're feeling between rising property taxes and falling crop prices.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - After debate stretched late into the night, the Minnesota House approved a budget plan Thursday that would spend another $322 million of the state's surplus.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A plan aimed at helping prevent bullying in schools was narrowly approved by the Minnesota Senate on Thursday, with supporters saying it would give educators better tools to help students.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers pressing for restrictions on unmanned aerial devices are already looking to pursue legislation next year to regulate them.