- Oil transport draws cry for disaster training help Updated: Apr-19-14 9:30 am
- Teacher Fietek launches Minn. House campaign Updated: Apr-18-14 11:34 am
- Senate hopeful Ortman reports $375K in Q1 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:22 am
- Minnesota Senate rivals tied to investment firm Updated: Apr-11-14 1:49 pm
- Minn. Senate passes tax bill with additional cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Obama praises lawmakers for raising minimum wage Updated: Apr-10-14 5:09 pm
- Minnesota considers ending lawmaker immunity law Updated: Apr-10-14 5:05 pm
- Senate panel's medical pot hearing to be continued Updated: Apr-10-14 4:26 pm
- Minnesota House passes gender pay gap bill Updated: Apr-09-14 9:07 pm
- Dayton approves tougher anti-bullying law Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 pm
- Minnesota Senate OKs bill for overdose immunity Updated: Apr-09-14 10:58 am
- Minnesota House passes anti-bullying bill Updated: Apr-09-14 2:31 am
- As Senate approves budget, Dayton urges restraint Updated: Apr-08-14 8:41 pm
- Minnesota Senate panel backs $77M Senate building Updated: Apr-07-14 8:22 pm
- Minn. farm families could get property tax relief Updated: Apr-04-14 9:12 pm
- Minn. House passes $322M budget plan Updated: Apr-04-14 1:26 am
- Minnesota Senate passes anti-bullying bill Updated: Apr-03-14 9:14 pm
- Drone bills hit turbulence in Minn. Legislature Updated: Apr-02-14 7:39 pm
- Dayton declines to take stance on lottery curbs Updated: Apr-02-14 1:55 pm
- Dayton circles date for State of State speech Updated: Apr-02-14 1:22 pm
- $150K study could help Minn. benefit from ND oil Updated: Apr-01-14 1:20 pm
- House bills contain $975M in building wishes Updated: Apr-01-14 11:08 am
- Propane legislation meanders in Minn. Updated: Mar-31-14 11:23 am
- Dayton denies telling mother to buy pot on street Updated: Mar-28-14 2:54 pm
- Minnesota legislators consider renaming Asian carp Updated: Mar-27-14 6:09 pm
STAPLES, Minnesota - Trains have traveled through this part of Minnesota for just under 150 years, and as the small town of Staples grew around their tracks, railroads were virtually the only source of jobs for decades.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A teacher who spoke out for gay students during a bullying debate in the state's largest school district says he's running for a state House seat.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Julianne Ortman says her campaign raised $375,000 during the first quarter.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democrats fighting to protect Minnesota Sen. Al Franken's seat want to replicate the last presidential campaign playbook by casting a well-funded GOP challenger as a corporate raider who put profit over people.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Senate has given approval to another $101 million in tax breaks, but the array of relief differs from a House version.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - President Barack Obama is praising Minnesota lawmakers for raising the state's minimum wage.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A college project that alleged some state lawmakers might have used immunity to avoid drunken-driving arrests has sparked debate in Minnesota over whether to scrap a more than 150-year-old protection similar to those still on the books for Congress and most state legislatures.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Medical marijuana has not yet been snuffed out in Minnesota.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota House passed a bill Wednesday that aims to narrow the pay gap between men and women, expand access to affordable child care and increase unpaid parental leave from six weeks to 12 weeks.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - An anti-bullying law that replaces one some found too weak is now in place.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A bill passed by the Minnesota Senate provides immunity for drug users who overdose and those who call 911 for help.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota House voted early Wednesday to pass a bill aimed at strengthening the state's anti-bullying law, sending the measure to Gov. Mark Dayton to sign.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Senate has approved its plan to spend part of the state's budget surplus on programs geared toward the youngest learners and the care of the elderly patients.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A plan to construct a $77 million building to house Minnesota's 67 state senators is moving forward after the Senate Rules Committee approved the proposal on Monday.
MINNEAPOLIS - Most Minnesota farm families would get an extra $260 in property tax relief per year under legislation that's meant to ease the squeeze they're feeling between rising property taxes and falling crop prices.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - After debate stretched late into the night, the Minnesota House approved a budget plan Thursday that would spend another $322 million of the state's surplus.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A plan aimed at helping prevent bullying in schools was narrowly approved by the Minnesota Senate on Thursday, with supporters saying it would give educators better tools to help students.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers pressing for restrictions on unmanned aerial devices are already looking to pursue legislation next year to regulate them.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton says he hasn't formed a position on a bill that would bar the Minnesota Lottery from selling tickets over the Internet.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has circled a date on his April calendar to deliver a State of the State speech to a joint session of the Minnesota Legislature.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A proposed $150,000 study would examine how Minnesota could leverage the North Dakota oil boom for its own benefit.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A $975 million Minnesota House construction package released Tuesday loads up on college campus projects, provides for statewide civic center upgrades and makes another Capitol restoration installment.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers may have reached the limit on what they can do to protect consumers from the propane shortages and price spikes seen this past winter.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has denied a suggestion that he told the mother of a sick child to buy marijuana from the street because it is not a legal medicine in Minnesota.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The troublesome fish currently known as Asian carp may be about to get an image makeover in Minnesota.