- Special election held for 2 vacancies in Legislature Updated: Feb-10-16 1:52 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Unofficial election results show voters in the Twin Cities suburbs have picked two Republicans to fill vacancies at the Minnesota Legislature.
- Olson enters race for Minnesota House Updated: Feb-09-16 11:49 am
DULUTH, Minnesota - DFL'er Liz Olson is the first candidate to enter the race for the Minnesota House District 7B seat.
- Lawmakers up funding ante for anti-recruitment efforts Updated: Feb-08-16 1:51 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - House Democrats announced Monday they'll push for another $2 million to dedicate to combatting terrorism in Minnesota and the tide of youth heading overseas.
- Fundraising reports set tone for tussle over Legislature Updated: Feb-02-16 5:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The quest for cash is on in Minnesota's 2016 elections. New campaign finance reports released Tuesday show political groups and candidates have already socked away millions of dollars for the fight for control of the Legislature.
- Dayton ends his push for special legislative session Updated: Feb-02-16 12:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton abruptly dropped his months-long push for a special session Tuesday, conceding that time had basically run out to extend unemployment benefits for out-of-work miners on the Iron Range.
- Mayo Clinic project off to a slow start in Rochester Updated: Feb-02-16 12:51 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - It's been nearly three years since Minnesota legislators approved state funding for Mayo Clinic's Destination Medical Center, a massive project that will overhaul the face of downtown Rochester.
- Sieben, assistant Senate majority leader, to retire Updated: Feb-02-16 12:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Senate Assistant Majority Leader Katie Sieben says she won't seek another term.
- Minnesota House, Senate leaders outline session differences Updated: Feb-01-16 9:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's top House and Senate leaders repeated familiar themes Monday as they outlined sharply different visions for the legislative session that begins next month.
- Democratic Rep. Atkins to retire after 7 terms in House Updated: Jan-26-16 5:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A longtime state representative announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election amid questions about his role at a nonprofit organization.
- 2016 battlegrounds bring rural focus to legislative session Updated: Jan-24-16 11:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The battle for greater Minnesota at the ballot box in November is already taking shape at the Capitol.
- Dayton picks March 9 for State of the State, but where? Updated: Jan-22-16 12:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has his calendar marked for his State of the State address.
- Top Democrat proposes changes for openness Updated: Jan-21-16 11:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A top Democrat says House lawmakers should be subject to the state's open records laws.
- Minnesota lawmakers take on data privacy in classrooms Updated: Jan-20-16 3:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Lawmakers and data privacy advocates say the digital age means students' private information needs protecting.