- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- As Olympics close, 4-man finale looks to be epic Updated: Feb-22-14 5:40 pm
- Dominant Canada strengthens grip on world curling Updated: Feb-22-14 4:49 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Curling's Britain rise Updated: Feb-21-14 11:45 am
- Sweden wins bronze medal in men's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-21-14 8:05 am
- Canada eyes gold-medal double in Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 6:36 pm
- Canada wins gold in women's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 1:31 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: British curling fixation Updated: Feb-20-14 7:46 am
- British curlers put Lockerbie back in headlines Updated: Feb-20-14 5:20 am
- Canada, Britain reach men's Olympic curling final Updated: Feb-19-14 3:00 pm
- Britain tops Norway to reach Olympic curling semis Updated: Feb-18-14 5:14 am
- Curling's ice-master overcoming problems in Sochi Updated: Feb-16-14 10:16 am
- White is most chatted-about Olympic athlete Updated: Feb-14-14 5:26 pm
- US skeleton racer Uhlaender just misses medal Updated: Feb-14-14 3:00 pm
- Yarnold wins skeleton gold; Pikus-Pace gets silver Updated: Feb-14-14 2:13 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Valentine's happenings Updated: Feb-14-14 11:50 am
- Tweet this: Olympians turn medals into buzz, money Updated: Feb-14-14 7:58 am
- Latvia's Martins Dukurs man to catch in skeleton Updated: Feb-13-14 5:53 pm
- In-form Canada closing in on curling semifinals Updated: Feb-13-14 3:05 pm
- Science, not muscle, driving many Olympic wins Updated: Feb-13-14 12:02 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: 'Wee sweary word' Updated: Feb-13-14 10:22 am
- Canada's curlers get rolling in Sochi Updated: Feb-13-14 10:18 am
- SOCHI SCENE: The value of gold Updated: Feb-12-14 4:32 am
- Britain scores Olympic-record 7 points in 1 end Updated: Feb-11-14 12:50 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Huh? Que? Was? Updated: Feb-10-14 1:05 pm
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Finally, some sliding drama at the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - China is rising. The traditional hotbeds of Scotland and Scandinavia are still going strong. The likes of South America and Kuwait are starting to get interested.
SOCHI, Russia - Of the 57 athletes representing Great Britain at the Sochi Games, only 12 have medals after 83 events. Ten of them are curlers, with a silver win for the men's team and a bronze for the women.
SOCHI, Russia - Sweden won the bronze medal in men's Olympic curling on Friday, beating China 6-4 in a nerve-jangling game that hinged on the final shot in an extra end and two major technical blunders by the Chinese.
SOCHI, Russia - One down, one to go. Over to you, Brad.
SOCHI, Russia - Her gold medal-clinching rock wasn't even halfway to the house when Canada skip Jennifer Jones put her hands to her face, soaked in the moment, then jumped up with her broom hoisted in the air.
SOCHI, Russia - Curling fever has gripped Britain - again.
SOCHI, Russia - The small, rural Scottish town of Lockerbie forever will be remembered as the place where a plane exploded in the skies in 1988, killing all 243 passengers, 16 crew members and 11 people in their homes below.
SOCHI, Russia - If there's to be a changing of the guard in men's curling, it will have to wait a little while longer.
SOCHI, Russia - David Murdoch crouched into his curling stance, took a breath and released the rock that either would usher Britain into the semifinals or add another layer of woe to his Olympic career.
SOCHI, Russia - Hans Wuthrich strolls around with one hand in his pocket, gazing one last time at the four pristine sheets of ice he has prepared for an afternoon session at the Ice Cube Curling Center.
Snowboarder Shaun White is the most buzzed-about Olympic athlete on Facebook but figure skating is by far the sport that attracts the most interest.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Katie Uhlaender's eyes were bloodshot, as red as her shock of dyed hair. She was numb, barely able to speak or grasp what had just happened.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Britain's Lizzy Yarnold won the season's first race on a technicality.
SOCHI, Russia - In case you're wondering: Yes, people celebrate Valentine's Day in Russia, just like in many other countries.
SOCHI, Russia - When Jenny Jones won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games, her following on Twitter exploded. The audience for @jennyjonessnow has grown 10-fold, to 65,000 followers, in the three weeks since the British snowboarder tweeted: "Just found out I officially made the GB winter Olympic team. Whoop!"
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - He's the scariest slider in skeleton, bar none.
SOCHI, Russia - So much for this supposedly being the most open women's Olympic curling tournament yet.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Nineteen-year-old Slovakian luger Josef Petrulak competed in the Sochi Olympics in a 22-year-old sled. That's right: His sled is three years older than he is. His German rivals get a new sled every year, designed by BMW and calibrated to whoosh faster, smoother and smarter every season.
SOCHI, Russia - Miking up curlers during games in the Winter Olympics can serve as a very useful tool, educating spectators and TV viewers about shot selection and strategy.
SOCHI, Russia - A female spectator wearing a hat in the shape of a plastic curling rock clapped, then held up a sign that read: "Team Canada has real stones."
SOCHI, Russia - So how much is a gold medal really worth to the athlete who wins one in Sochi?
SOCHI, Russia - Britain's women curlers set an Olympic record by scoring seven points in one end during a round-robin game against the United States on Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - It's like the United Nations, Olympic-style.