- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- Swiss army makes incursion into France for water for cattle Updated: Jul-27-15 10:31 am
PARIS - Swiss army helicopters have crossed the Franco-Swiss border in an unexpected incursion - to help thirsty Swiss cows.
- UN official distracted from child sexual abuse case resigns Updated: Jul-22-15 1:47 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. rights official who admitted not following up for months on allegations of child sexual abuse by French soldiers in Central African Republic has resigned.
- US, Iran roll the dice diplomatically and get a nuclear deal Updated: Jul-18-15 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - The talks themselves were a groundbreaking and risky proposition when U.S. and Iranian officials met secretly in the sleepy Arab kingdom of Oman, archenemies feinting for a diplomatic opening. The opposing sides had barely spoken to one another in three-plus decades.
- Greek firefighters battle blazes; save 200 trapped on beach Updated: Jul-17-15 4:05 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greek firefighters battled large fires in the south, on the outskirts of Athens and on an island near the capital Friday as flames fed by strong winds forced the evacuation of villages and summer camps. About 200 people trapped by one fire were plucked off a beach by rescue boats.
- Greece's Tsipras short on allies as he tries to avoid ruin Updated: Jul-08-15 12:12 pm
BERLIN - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has stretched his EU partners' patience to the limit with months of missteps and contradictory moves and now, having just four days to save his country from ruin, is finding his list of allies is short.
- 200 detonators, explosives stolen from French military site Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 pm
PARIS - At least one thief sneaked into a French military munitions compound and made off with a stash of detonators, grenades and explosives, officials said Tuesday, stoking security concerns in a country reeling from recent attacks by extremists.
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case Updated: Jul-05-15 1:05 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The father of a 5-year-old girl who a French prosecutor says was sexually abused by a French soldier has hired a lawyer and vowed on Sunday to follow legal proceedings closely to ensure justice is done.
- French president talks Boko Haram in Cameroon Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - French President Francois Hollande promised intensified military cooperation with Cameroon in the fight against Boko Haram during a visit to the West African country on Friday.
- WikiLeaks' Assange seeks asylum in France; president says no Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 am
PARIS - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has failed in a bid to win asylum in France.
- 2 French soldiers arrested over Africa sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 6:25 am
PARIS - Two French soldiers were arrested Thursday over allegations of child sex abuse in Burkina Faso.