- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case Updated: Jul-05-15 1:05 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The father of a 5-year-old girl who a French prosecutor says was sexually abused by a French soldier has hired a lawyer and vowed on Sunday to follow legal proceedings closely to ensure justice is done.
- The Latest: 3 opinion polls: Greek 'no' vote will win Updated: Jul-05-15 12:13 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The latest from the bailout referendum in Greece (all times local):
- French president talks Boko Haram in Cameroon Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - French President Francois Hollande promised intensified military cooperation with Cameroon in the fight against Boko Haram during a visit to the West African country on Friday.
- WikiLeaks' Assange seeks asylum in France; president says no Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 am
PARIS - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has failed in a bid to win asylum in France.
- 2 French soldiers arrested over Africa sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 6:25 am
PARIS - Two French soldiers were arrested Thursday over allegations of child sex abuse in Burkina Faso.
- France: Israeli-Palestinian conflict can explode at any time Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
UNITED NATIONS - France's foreign minister warned Monday that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can explode "at any moment" and the Islamic State extremist group can interfere at any time.
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- The Latest: Interpol offers help to 4 nations hit by terror Updated: Jun-26-15 1:26 pm
PARIS - The latest on the attack in southeastern France (all times local):
- Indonesia: Death row Frenchman has exhausted legal options Updated: Jun-25-15 6:40 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's Foreign Ministry said Thursday a French citizen sentenced to death for drug offenses has exhausted all options in his legal fight to avoid execution.
- White House: Obama tells Hollande - no US spying on him Updated: Jun-24-15 1:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama has told French President Francois Hollande (frahn-SWAH' oh-LAWND') that the U.S. isn't targeting his communications.
- Diplomats seek to calm Ukraine fighting, break stalemate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:11 pm
PARIS - The foreign ministers of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany tried Tuesday to revive high-end diplomatic efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, amid escalating fighting that is throwing doubts on a shaky peace accord.
- Paris becomes 4th city to join race for 2024 Olympic Games Updated: Jun-23-15 9:33 am
PARIS - Paris declared its candidacy for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, becoming the fourth city to enter the race and setting out its vision for bringing the games back to the French capital for the first time in 100 years.
- Putin discusses Ukraine in call with Merkel, Hollande Updated: Jun-22-15 12:01 pm
MOSCOW - The Kremlin says leaders of Russia, France and Germany have discussed the Ukraine crisis before a new round of diplomatic efforts.
- Russia angered by freezing of accounts in Belgium and France Updated: Jun-18-15 12:56 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian government on Thursday strongly condemned the freezing of Russian accounts in France and Belgium as part of an effort to enforce a $50 billion judgment for the destruction of the Yukos oil company.
- 1815 revisited: Ceremonies mark fateful Battle of Waterloo Updated: Jun-18-15 12:22 pm
BRUSSELS - Royalty, dignitaries and soldiers commemorated the 1815 Battle of Waterloo on Thursday, a watershed moment in European history that marked the end of the continent's domination by France and its emperor Napoleon and the beginning of the British century.
- The Latest: Bombardier premiers CSeries jet at Paris show Updated: Jun-15-15 10:40 am
LE BOURGET, France - 4:35 p.m. (1435 GMT; 10:35 a.m. EDT)
- Orange chief apologizes to Israeli premier over exit remarks Updated: Jun-12-15 10:51 am
JERUSALEM - The chief executive of French telecom giant Orange SA apologized to Israel's prime minister on Friday for his recent comments on pulling out of Israel, saying he opposes the boycott movement against the Jewish state and will continue to invest in it.
- European Parliament: EU must do more to counter Russia Updated: Jun-10-15 7:55 am
- Platini declines to say if he will seek FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-10-15 6:27 am
PARIS - Michel Platini declined to divulge his intentions for the FIFA presidency.
- Obama: US lacks 'complete strategy' for training Iraqis Updated: Jun-08-15 5:41 pm
ELMAU, Germany - Acknowledging military setbacks, President Barack Obama said Monday the United States still lacks a "complete strategy" for training Iraqi forces to fight the Islamic State. He urged Iraq's government to allow more of the nation's Sunnis to join the campaign against the violent militants.
- THE LATEST: Obama says G-7 studying more sanctions on Russia Updated: Jun-08-15 11:35 am
ELMAU, Germany - 5:27 p.m. (1527GMT; 12:27 a.m. EDT)
- France criticizes growing movement to boycott Israel Updated: Jun-05-15 2:02 pm
PARIS - France's foreign minister is criticizing any boycott of Israel, amid uproar over French telecom giant Orange's announcement that it wants to cut ties with Israel.