- Pittsburg State exchanges land with city Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Pittsburg State University and the City of Pittsburg have formalized a deal to exchange about 100 acres of land.
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents Updated: Nov-17-15 4:16 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas legislative committee's chairman raised questions Tuesday about whether gays and lesbians should be allowed to serve as foster parents for abused and neglected children.
- 2 lawmakers moved from education panel after opposing change Updated: Nov-15-15 6:00 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Two Kansas lawmakers who voted against school funding changes have been removed from a Kansas House committee that oversees education.
- Lawmakers in favor of Medicaid removed from health committee Updated: Nov-12-15 5:30 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Three Republicans who support Medicaid expansion have been removed from a Kansas House committee that oversees health care issues.
- Kansas legislators get 8.5 percent raise in allowance Updated: Nov-12-15 12:59 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers automatically are getting an 8.5 percent raise in their per diem allowance.
- Kansas lawmakers urged to create mental health network Updated: Nov-09-15 5:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas legislative committee is being urged to authorize creation of a network of emergency observation and treatment facilities for people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Kansas officials approve $4.2M in emergency aid for schools Updated: Nov-09-15 5:22 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Gov. Sam Brownback and top Kansas lawmakers Monday approved a total of $4.2 million in emergency aid for 25 school districts to help them with young refugees, increased student numbers or local economic problems.
- Kansas legislative panel to examine tax exemptions, credits Updated: Nov-05-15 5:01 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas legislative study committee is having two days of hearings to examine tax exemptions and credits for businesses, nonprofit groups and others.
- Kansas panel favors pay increases for corrections officers Updated: Nov-03-15 6:35 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A legislative study committee recommends that Kansas legislators hunt for state funds to boost the pay of corrections officers in state prisons.
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - With potential budget problems looming in Kansas, a state official urged legislators Tuesday to protect funding for substance-abuse treatment that keeps hundreds of drug offenders out of prison.
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member Updated: Nov-02-15 11:28 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If she's selected by a group of Topeka Democrats to replace a retiring member of the state House of Representatives, Stephanie Mott would be the first transgender member of the Kansas Legislature.
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras Updated: Nov-01-15 2:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers will again take up the question of whether to require all law enforcement officers to wear body cameras after a similar proposal failed to gain traction last session.