- Kansas Senate OKs 'compromise' judiciary budget Updated: Mar-07-14 12:42 pm
- Kansas gay marriage debate pushed to next year Updated: Mar-06-14 8:47 pm
- GOP pushes bill to limit party switching to vote Updated: Mar-06-14 12:56 pm
- Kansas legislators to discuss at-risk students Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 am
- Kansas lawmakers consider loosening liquor laws Updated: Mar-05-14 8:58 pm
- Advocates fight to block Kansas death penalty bill Updated: Mar-05-14 5:59 pm
- Kansas lawmakers mull new rules for microbreweries Updated: Mar-05-14 5:52 pm
- Kansas state senators ponder help for home brewers Updated: Mar-05-14 1:48 pm
- Democrats select new Kansas House member Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Bill in Kansas House divides Presbyterian leaders Updated: Mar-03-14 10:35 am
- Kansas lawmakers taking 2-day break from session Updated: Mar-03-14 5:04 am
- Brownback keeps sights on all-day kindergarten Updated: Mar-01-14 11:34 am
- House amendment gives hope of juvenile boys camp Updated: Feb-28-14 8:52 am
- Missouri Senate passes business truce with Kansas Updated: Feb-27-14 7:03 pm
- Kansas House OKs official state fossils Updated: Feb-27-14 5:52 pm
- Northeast Kansas prosecutor running for US Senate Updated: Feb-27-14 3:57 pm
- Mo. Senate roll call vote on school legislation Updated: Feb-27-14 2:52 pm
- Kansas House votes to expand rural economic zones Updated: Feb-27-14 11:32 am
- Kansas House approves stronger safe havens law Updated: Feb-27-14 10:45 am
- Kansas GOP senators defend closed caucus meetings Updated: Feb-26-14 11:13 pm
- Plan would raise Kansas limits on lawsuit damages Updated: Feb-26-14 10:28 pm
- Kansas bill offers convicted vets mental treatment Updated: Feb-26-14 5:30 pm
- Kansas House advances official state fossil bill Updated: Feb-26-14 5:04 pm
- Kansas House OKs tax change for cement plants Updated: Feb-26-14 1:49 pm
- Future of Sedgwick County juvenile home in doubt Updated: Feb-26-14 10:57 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Senate's approval of a bill that funds the Kansas judicial branch means furloughs are less likely, a top Republican supporter said, but Democrats are crying foul because of several strings attached - including two measures to decentralize the power of the state Supreme Court.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are finished considering new legal protections this year for those who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds but will debate the issue in 2015, the state Senate's top leader said Thursday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Senate committee on Thursday recommended passage of a bill sought by the Kansas Republican Party that would make it more difficult for voters to switch parties before voting in primary elections.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are looking into how the state provides funding to school districts for students identified as being at risk of failure.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Proposals on tap for legislative committees would help Kansas hobbyists and small breweries and phase in grocery store sales of strong beer, wine and liquor, but it wasn't clear Wednesday how far lawmakers would go in further repudiating the state's dry history.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas death penalty opponents said Wednesday a bill that would shorten the appeals process amounts to a "leaky Band-Aid" on a broken system.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The owner of a Leavenworth microbrewery is asking Kansas legislators to make it easier for him to distribute his beer to restaurants, bars and liquor stores.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Home brewers are asking a Kansas Senate committee to endorse a measure easing state restrictions on their craft so they can share their beer, wine and cider with friends and have it judged in contests.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County Democrats have selected a former aide to Unified Government Mayor Joe Reardon as the newest member of the Kansas House of Representatives.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Leaders of a Presbyterian synod are criticizing a bill that would have removed church principles from decisions on the ownership of a church building when a congregation splits from the larger community.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are taking a long weekend off following a major deadline during their annual session.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback remains determined to establish all-day kindergarten in Kansas, despite the apparent hesitancy among legislators to get on board as the session reaches the halfway mark.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The fate of a financially troubled ranch for juvenile boys in Sedgwick County might not be sealed after all.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri senators passed legislation Thursday proposing a truce with Kansas in the intense tax-break battle for businesses in the Kansas City area.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two ancient giants that once roamed the area now known as Kansas would become the state's official fossils in a proposal that a dinosaur hunter believes would boost education and tourism.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A northeast Kansas prosecutor has decided to run for the U.S. Senate and is the first Democratic candidate to publicly declare an interest in the race.
The Missouri Senate passed legislation Thursday that would change requirements for students in unaccredited schools to transfer to better performing schools.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Four more Kansas counties would be added to a growing list of rural areas with special designation under a bill clearing the House.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has approved a bill that would strengthen protections for parents or guardians who leave their newborn children at safe havens such as hospitals, fire stations or city and county health facilities.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republicans in the Kansas Senate ensured Wednesday that they'll still be able to hold occasional closed meetings to hash out strategy and air gripes, even when most of the chamber's members are present.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas would allow greater damages in personal injury lawsuits but change some evidence rules in ways favored by business and medical groups under legislation that advanced Wednesday in the state Senate.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Some military veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress who are convicted of low-level crimes could be ordered by Kansas courts to receive treatment as a condition of their sentence.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two creatures dating to the period when Kansas was a vast ocean are a step closer to receiving designation as the state's official fossils.
TOPEKA, Kansas - House members have approved a measure that could result in millions of dollars in property tax relief for two southeast Kansas cement plants in a dispute over what is real estate and what is equipment.
WICHITA, Kansas - The future of a struggling Sedgwick County juvenile home for boys is in doubt, after a long-term funding solution died in a Kansas House committee.