- Lawmakers approve final attempt to expand Medicaid Updated: Apr-18-14 12:11 am
- Maine lawmakers OK $50 million in bond proposals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:35 pm
- Democrats make final attempt at Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-17-14 2:58 pm
- LePage: Maine faces $7M in welfare-related fines Updated: Apr-17-14 10:33 am
- Ex-State Police chief denies sex charges Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 am
- Bill expanding access to overdose antidote OKed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:53 pm
- Bill to remove some highway signs sent to LePage Updated: Apr-15-14 4:49 pm
- MaineCare rides bill fails veto override attempt Updated: Apr-15-14 3:50 pm
- $32 million budget fix sent to Maine governor Updated: Apr-15-14 2:43 pm
- Maine bill to halt virtual charter schools fails Updated: Apr-15-14 10:55 am
- Maine House OKs bill to expand preschool programs Updated: Apr-15-14 10:34 am
- Ohio-based outfit buys Maine's Cliff House Updated: Apr-15-14 4:39 am
- Maine House overrides veto of solar rebate bill Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 pm
- LePage seeks funds for cold case homicide squad Updated: Apr-12-14 9:31 am
- Maine Gov. LePage vetoes solar power bill Updated: Apr-11-14 6:25 pm
- Maine Senate rejects LePage's business zones plan Updated: Apr-11-14 1:55 pm
- Maine trooper justified in shooting suspect Updated: Apr-11-14 12:14 pm
- Maine governor signs human trafficking bill Updated: Apr-10-14 5:58 pm
- F. Lee Bailey denied law license in Maine Updated: Apr-10-14 2:07 pm
- Maine high court-re-hears beach access dispute Updated: Apr-10-14 6:15 am
- Police unveil campaign against distracted driving Updated: Apr-10-14 5:07 am
- Maine House OKs scaled-back drug enforcement bill Updated: Apr-09-14 5:11 pm
- Displaying beer alcohol content now legal in Maine Updated: Apr-09-14 5:58 am
- LePage signs bill aimed at helping paper mill Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 am
- Maine lawmakers vote down municipal welfare bill Updated: Apr-07-14 7:34 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - As the legislative session wound down on Thursday, Maine's Democratic-controlled Legislature approved a final attempt to expand health care coverage to about 70,000 low-income residents under the Affordable Care Act.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-led Legislature has approved roughly $50 million in bond proposals that would support small businesses and water infrastructure projects.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers will finish their legislative session with a familiar debate: whether to accept federal dollars to provide health care coverage to roughly 70,000 low-income people under the health care law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says Maine faces more than $7 million in federal fines because it's not meeting work participation requirements for welfare recipients.
PORTLAND, Maine - A former Maine State Police chief has pleaded not guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a 4-year-old relative.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers on Wednesday gave final approval to a bill that would expand access to a potentially life-saving anti-overdose drug, sending the measure to Gov. Paul LePage, who's expected to allow it to go into law without his signature.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that would remove or relocate dozens of informational signs along the state's interstate highways is heading to Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers have failed to keep alive a bill that supporters say would have improved the criticized MaineCare rides program.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers sent a bill to Gov. Paul LePage on Tuesday that fixes a $32 million gap in the state budget next fiscal year and moves hundreds of developmentally disabled residents off waitlists for Medicaid services like home-based care.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that seeks to halt the establishment of virtual charter schools in Maine has failed final passage in the House of Representatives.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House has given final approval to a bill designed to boost the number of public preschool programs in the state.
OGUNQUIT, Maine - An Ohio-based hotel group has purchased the historic Cliff House Resort & Spa on the Maine coast.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's House of Representatives has voted to overturn Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill restoring a rebate program for solar panels.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage is seeking help from Maine's congressional delegation to secure funding for the state to create a cold case homicide squad.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a bill that would restore a rebate program for people that buy solar power systems.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Senate has voted down Gov. Paul LePage's bill to offer business tax breaks and workers the freedom not to pay labor union fees in an effort to attract big companies to the state.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Attorney General Janet Mills has ruled a state police trooper was justified in shooting and wounding a suspect during a confrontation in Searsmont in September.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill designed to support victims of human trafficking.
PORTLAND, Maine - Celebrity lawyer F. Lee Bailey was denied the right to practice law in Maine by the state's highest court Thursday, keeping him from restarting his legal career after being barred in other states.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court for the second time has heard arguments from lawyers in a beach access dispute that could have statewide implications.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A spokesman from the Department of Public Safety says Maine will join in nationwide efforts to reduce auto accidents that result when drivers don't pay attention to the road.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House of Representatives has given initial approval to a revised version of Republican Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to provide more money for police to combat illegal drugs that adds money for drug treatment.
AUGUSTA, Maine - It's now legal for bars and breweries in Maine to publicly display the alcohol content of their beer.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill that aims to restore more than 200 jobs lost at a paper mill in East Millinocket.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers have rejected Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to reduce the amount of money the state refunds some cities to run their welfare programs.