- LePage speaks with deployed Maine National Guard Updated: Dec-19-13 4:04 am
- Mainer's judicial nomination hearing delayed Updated: Dec-18-13 5:07 pm
- Maine State Police concerned about crashes Updated: Dec-17-13 7:26 am
- Maine lawmaker under fire for email about truckers Updated: Dec-13-13 5:19 pm
- Maine AG: Police right to use deadly force Updated: Dec-13-13 2:43 pm
- Maine trooper shoots, kills Hollis man in standoff Updated: Dec-12-13 6:58 pm
- Maine examines overhaul of concealed gun permits Updated: Dec-11-13 3:32 pm
- Maine group to press to overturn Citizens United Updated: Dec-11-13 2:56 pm
- Maine lawmakers tour early education center Updated: Dec-11-13 4:08 am
- Maine Democrats question $1M Medicaid review Updated: Dec-10-13 5:59 pm
- Maine lawmakers press forward with budget fix Updated: Dec-10-13 5:34 pm
- Durkin appointed State House reporter in Maine Updated: Dec-10-13 4:16 pm
- Former King spokeswoman joins Cutler campaign Updated: Dec-10-13 10:16 am
- Portland police won't honor marijuana referendum Updated: Dec-06-13 3:44 pm
- Maine wind industry, lawmakers applaud proposal Updated: Dec-04-13 5:47 pm
- AG: Maine restaurant was too generous Updated: Dec-04-13 4:34 am
- Passamaquoddy paintings to be unveiled in Maine Updated: Dec-04-13 4:34 am
- Maine lawmakers, advocates oppose DHHS office move Updated: Dec-03-13 3:25 pm
- Conservative to challenge Collins in Maine primary Updated: Dec-02-13 12:56 pm
- Maine Salvation Army seeks bell-ringing volunteers Updated: Dec-01-13 11:19 am
- Maine lawmaker pushes statewide pre-kindergarten Updated: Nov-26-13 7:46 am
- Maine attorney general backs clinic buffer zones Updated: Nov-26-13 4:53 am
- Sierra Club backs Michaud in Maine governor's race Updated: Nov-25-13 2:43 pm
- Portland, Maine mayor, lawmakers praise $100M bond Updated: Nov-25-13 4:05 am
- Maine groups supporting dental hygiene therapists Updated: Nov-24-13 10:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage and First Lady Ann LePage are sending their support to the Maine National Guard deployed overseas.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Senate Republicans in Washington have postponed a hearing for an associate justice on the Maine Supreme Judicial Court who's been nominated to serve on the federal bench.
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Maine State Police are asking motorists to slow down and move over when they see an officer conducting a traffic stop on the state's roadways, after several cruisers have been struck in the past few months.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Democratic Maine lawmaker is drawing criticism for an email he wrote slamming truck drivers.
CALAIS, Maine - Maine's attorney general says it was reasonable for two police officers to believe they had to use deadly force in a July domestic violence-related shooting in Calais.
HOLLIS, Maine - Maine State Police say a Hollis man has been shot and killed in an armed confrontation with police.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers developed significant changes to the state's concealed handgun permitting process on Wednesday that are aimed at streamlining the system and ensuring that all applicants are properly examined.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A coalition fed up with corporate money in politics is taking the first step on a long path that it hopes will lead to overturning a U.S. Supreme Court decision allowing more money to flood into campaigns.
WATERVILLE, Maine - Maine lawmakers are touring an early education center that primarily serves low-income children.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats questioned Tuesday why Republican Gov. Paul LePage's administration didn't hold a competitive bidding process before signing a contract with an outside consultant for nearly $1 million to review its Medicaid program.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers pushed forward with a plan to craft a supplemental budget Tuesday in order to address revenue shortfalls because Gov. Paul LePage says he won't submit a proposal to fix a budget he tried to spike.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Alanna Durkin, who has covered health care reform, wind energy policy and state politics, has been hired as The Associated Press reporter based in the Maine State House.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The former spokeswoman for U.S. Sen. Angus King will head communications operations for independent candidate Eliot Cutler's bid for Maine governor.
PORTLAND, Maine - A new law legalizing marijuana for recreational use went into effect Friday in Maine's largest city, providing a symbolic victory that marijuana advocates intend to use as a springboard to a statewide law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine energy industry officials and lawmakers applauded on Wednesday the potential environmental and economic benefits of a 12-megawatt offshore wind project that could be built off the state's coast, but a lot remains to be settled before construction of the two-turbine project is ensured.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A restaurant in Maine's capital is known for its fried seafood and its charitable fundraisers. It's the latter that's getting the Red Barn in hot water with state officials.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Paintings of two Passamaquoddy women are being unveiled in the Maine State House as part of the "Americans Who Tell the Truth" project.
PORTLAND, Maine - Moving a state health department office from downtown Portland will make it harder for welfare recipients to get their benefits, Democratic lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Sen. Susan Collins won't be unopposed on the primary ballot.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Salvation Army is looking for Mainers to volunteer to ring bells and help with its annual red kettle campaign.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A state lawmaker is urging Maine to pass legislation that would require every school district in the state to offer pre-kindergarten programs.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's attorney general is backing an effort to defend buffer zones at health clinics, like one recently approved in Maine.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Sierra Club is endorsing Democrat Mike Michaud over independent Eliot Cutler in the governor's race, announcing a yearlong education effort that will likely be backed by spending from the national group with a goal of preventing Republican Gov. Paul LePage from winning a second term, the group said Monday.
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland's mayor and lawmakers are applauding the approval of a $100 million transportation bond that will improve the city's waterfront.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A coalition is continuing its effort to create a new category of dental hygienists in Maine aimed at providing more people access to affordable dental care.