- Maine's GOP governor, veto record-holder, names new dog Veto Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage, the state's all-time veto champion, has named his new dog Veto.
- Lawmakers overturn LePage Narcan veto, falter on solar bill Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - With five state residents dying each week from drug overdoses, lawmakers on Friday overwhelmingly rejected Republican Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill that would increase availability of an overdose antidote. But they failed to overcome his veto of a bill to modernize state policies on solar power.
- The Latest: Maine boosts availability of overdose antidote Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Latest on veto votes by the Maine Legislature (all times local):
- Greek Orthodox priest's sex abuse conviction is upheld Updated: Apr-28-16 5:14 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The Maine supreme court has rejected the appeal of a former Greek Orthodox priest convicted of sexually abusing a child.
- LePage keeps vow, backs out of Husson University appearance Updated: Apr-28-16 12:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is backing out of an appearance at Husson University a day after vowing to stop attending ceremonial activities.
- Maine DOT workers repair US Route 1 viaduct guardrails Updated: Apr-28-16 6:53 am
BATH, Maine - The Maine Department of Transportation has begun repairing guardrails along the U.S. Route 1 viaduct in Bath about a month after a sport utility vehicle crashed through one and fell onto a pickup truck below.
- Education leader: Blue ribbon commission meetings to be open Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The chairman of a blue ribbon education commission says all future meetings will be open to the public after Maine House Speaker Mark Eves, a Democrat, called for sanctions over a closed-door meeting at the Republican governor's mansion earlier this week.
- Maine governor apologizes for abruptly leaving ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 4:20 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has apologized for abruptly leaving a ceremony at the University of Maine at Farmington. He also vowed Wednesday to avoid such events in the future to avoid creating a distraction.
- The Latest: Marijuana legalization clears hurdle to ballot Updated: Apr-27-16 2:56 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Latest on a referendum proposal to legalize marijuana in Maine (all times local):
- GOP offers minimum wage hike; Democrats call it a diversion Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican lawmakers are pushing a bill to hike the minimum wage this summer, but Democrats say it's a ploy to undermine a more ambitious pay increase that voters are set to decide on the November state ballot.
- LePage vetoes proposed fix to Maine Clean Election Fund Updated: Apr-26-16 1:34 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a funding fix that the Maine Legislature approved for the Maine Clean Election Fund.
- Car fire in Brunswick leads to 2 crashes involving 7 cars Updated: Apr-25-16 6:39 am
BRUNSWICK, Maine - Maine State Police say traffic along Interstate 295 in Brunswick was halted over the weekend after a car fire led to two separate crashes involving a total of seven other vehicles.
- Legal defeat only emboldens 'food sovereignty' soldiers Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
PENOBSCOT, Maine - Heather and Phil Retberg's Quill's End Farm is idyllic to the point of New England cliche. Dairy cows, milked by hand, share space with goats and ducks near a wooden barn that overlooks a rolling green field and the summit of nearby Blue Hill.
- The Latest: Maine GOP elects Cruz-heavy slate of delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 9:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The Latest on the Maine GOP convention (all times local):
- Police: Massachusetts man dead in high-speed crash in Maine Updated: Apr-23-16 11:33 am
NORWAY, Maine - Maine State Police say a Massachusetts man is dead after a high-speed crash in the town of Norway.
- FEMA giving $31K to Portland Fire Department Updated: Apr-23-16 8:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is giving the fire department in Maine's largest city a grant of more than $31,000 through the Assistant to Firefighters Grant Program.
- Trump, Cruz supporters at odds over Maine GOP delegates Updated: Apr-22-16 10:03 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Supporters of presidential candidates Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz clashed Friday over the apportionment of Maine delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer.
- Casino supporters withdraw appeal to Maine supreme court Updated: Apr-21-16 12:48 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Supporters of a failed referendum proposal to create a casino in southern Maine have dropped an appeal.
- LePage vetoes bill that would ease access to heroin antidote Updated: Apr-20-16 10:17 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Maine Gov. Paul LePage is vetoing a bill that would allow people to buy a lifesaving drug overdose antidote without a prescription.
- Solar power supporters face long odds against LePage veto Updated: Apr-20-16 8:00 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine solar power advocates face long odds as they work to persuade enough Republican lawmakers to switch their votes on a high-profile solar bill and override an almost-certain veto by Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
- K9 arson training program moving from Maine to NH Updated: Apr-17-16 3:05 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A nationally recognized program that trains arson detection dogs is relocating from Maine to New Hampshire.
- Congress considering US-made footwear for military Updated: Apr-17-16 12:26 pm
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - A bill in Congress would require the Department of Defense to provide U.S.-made footwear to personnel.
- Maine lawmakers close to wrapping up after marathon session Updated: Apr-16-16 1:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Legislature's work is almost done after a marathon session of lawmaking that kept the gavels banging until the early hours on Saturday.
- Legislature supports $13M bailout for Maine biomass industry Updated: Apr-15-16 7:22 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Legislature on Friday endorsed a plan to use $13 million in taxpayer money to bail out Maine's collapsing biomass industry.
- The Latest: Maine Legislature supports $13M biomass bailout Updated: Apr-15-16 7:12 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Latest on the Legislature's vote on the $13 million bailout for the biomass industry (all times local):