- Maine gov touts business incentive 'zones' plan Updated: Mar-10-14 1:52 pm
- Maine to consider Medicaid expansion _again Updated: Mar-10-14 4:06 am
- Maine high court to reconsider beach access ruling Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 am
- Maine panel rejects proposed mining regulations Updated: Mar-06-14 6:50 pm
- Maine lawmakers advance series of gambling bills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- Maine governor vetoes virtual charter school bill Updated: Mar-06-14 5:49 pm
- Police: Maine man died from natural causes Updated: Mar-06-14 2:30 pm
- Maine panel eyes bill to remove wind-power goals Updated: Mar-05-14 8:10 pm
- Maine House rejects bill allowing early voting Updated: Mar-05-14 12:32 pm
- Maine budget work moves forward without gov's help Updated: Mar-04-14 5:47 pm
- Panel endorses changes to MaineCare rides system Updated: Feb-28-14 6:16 am
- Feds fault LePage over meeting with labor officers Updated: Feb-27-14 3:11 pm
- Maine gov lets revenue sharing bill become law Updated: Feb-26-14 12:18 pm
- Maine high court rejects convicted man's appeal Updated: Feb-26-14 6:20 am
- Maine GOP lawmakers craft Medicaid expansion bill Updated: Feb-25-14 4:06 pm
- Maine bills seek 'narrow' network explanations Updated: Feb-23-14 11:39 am
- Maine legislative panel to subpoena CDC officials Updated: Feb-21-14 2:49 pm
- LePage honors Maine lawmakers, staff who are vets Updated: Feb-20-14 4:34 am
- Border agent in Maine justified in shooting Updated: Feb-19-14 6:09 pm
- Mills authorizes $100K in CDC whistleblower case Updated: Feb-19-14 5:42 pm
- Maine convicted killer loses bid for DNA tests Updated: Feb-18-14 10:10 pm
- Maine gov. pushes back against wind energy bill Updated: Feb-18-14 7:20 pm
- Maine Senate rejects religious freedom bill Updated: Feb-18-14 2:04 pm
- Maine child sex abuser's appeal rejected Updated: Feb-18-14 1:13 pm
- Maine lawmaker proposes cold case unit Updated: Feb-13-14 8:18 am
BRUNSWICK, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage began his push on Monday for a proposal that would offer business tax breaks and workers the freedom not to join labor unions, heralding it as a way to attract businesses that will pump millions into the economy and create thousands of jobs.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democrat-controlled Legislature is poised to vote on a Republican-backed measure to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court has made a rare decision and agreed to hear oral arguments from attorneys who will ask justices to reconsider a Kennebunkport beach access case that could have statewide ramifications.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel has rejected a contentious proposal to overhaul the state's mining regulations.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's American Indian tribes that have long seen gambling as the remedy for high unemployment and sluggish economic growth in their communities are a step closer to being able to operate casinos after winning initial approval in the Democratic-controlled House on Thursday.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage vetoed a bill on Thursday that would direct the state to work toward creating a state-run virtual charter academy, citing concerns with part of the proposal that places a moratorium on cyber schools until next year.
GARLAND, Maine - Maine State Police say a man whose body was found in a home in Garland died from natural causes.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to scrap Maine's wind-power production goals sparked a debate Wednesday between the Republican governor's administration and renewable energy advocates who say doing so will threaten the industry's future in the state.
AUGUTSA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-controlled House has rejected a measure that would establish a process allowing towns to create in-person early voting systems.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage urged lawmakers to replenish Maine's rainy day fund on Tuesday while they pushed forward in crafting a supplemental budget without help from the Republican governor who has refused to introduce one this year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A legislative committee has approved a bill to make changes to the troubled system that provides non-emergency rides to Maine Medicaid patients.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Federal officials said Thursday that unemployment hearing officers in Maine could have felt pressured by Gov. Paul LePage to favor employers, but they found no conclusive evidence of biased rulings.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine legislation that prevents $40 million in cuts to state aid for cities and towns next year became law Wednesday after Gov. Paul LePage took no action on it, the Republican governor's office said.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court has denied the appeal of a Massachusetts man convicted of killing the mother of his four children and one of his best friends.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine would expand Medicaid under the federal health care overhaul while also implementing other significant changes to the program, under a bill laid out Tuesday by two Republican lawmakers who hope to garner the support of more of their GOP colleagues to override the objections of Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - When Roberta Lane went to her local hospital emergency room, where the doctors she's seen for years practice, she was shocked to find out her insurance wouldn't cover treatment.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel will issue subpoenas to state Centers for Disease Control officials as they seek answers about the mishandling and shredding of public documents.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage is honoring dozens of Maine lawmakers and staff who served in the military during four conflicts.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Attorney General Janet Mills says a U.S. Border Patrol agent was legally justified in shooting at two Canadian teenagers during a high-speed chase near the Canadian border this past fall.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The state is paying $300 per hour for private lawyers to defend the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention from a federal whistleblower lawsuit filed by a former employee.
PORTLAND, Maine - A divided state supreme court on Tuesday rejected a request to order additional DNA tests on behalf of a convicted killer who claims they could show someone else shot to death his ex-girlfriend and a toddler she was baby-sitting.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The LePage administration pushed back against a proposal Tuesday that supporters say would ensure the decision-making process on wind energy proposals in Maine clearly follows the law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The state Senate rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at strengthening legal protections for religious freedom, which opponents say is unnecessary and could roll back decades of advances made for civil rights.
PORTLAND, Maine - The state supreme court has rejected an appeal by a Maine man convicted of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl and photographing the abuse.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine lawmaker wants the state to establish a new law enforcement unit to re-examine unsolved major criminal cases.