- Virginia Gov. McAuliffe to speak at Muskie Lobster Bake Updated: Aug-02-15 9:43 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe will soon visit Maine for the Democratic Party's annual summer fundraiser.
- Maine supreme court wades into dispute over 65 bills Updated: Jul-31-15 4:49 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - With more than a dozen lawmakers watching, Maine's highest court waded into a dispute Friday between Gov. Paul LePage and the Legislature over whether he missed his opportunity to veto 65 bills.
- Maine House speaker sues governor over loss of school job Updated: Jul-30-15 2:56 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Democratic House Speaker Mark Eves on Thursday filed a civil rights lawsuit against Republican Gov. Paul LePage for threatening to withhold funds from a school for at-risk youth to get Eves removed from a job, saying it was time for someone to stand up to governor's abuse of power.
- Trooper suffers non-life-threatening injuries in crash Updated: Jul-30-15 2:38 pm
RICHMOND, Maine - Police say a Maine state trooper was injured in a dramatic crash in which his cruiser was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on Interstate 295 in Richmond.
- Bangor City Councilor Baldacci announces congressional run Updated: Jul-30-15 11:59 am
BANGOR, Maine - Bangor City Councilor Joe Baldacci, the brother of former Gov. John Baldacci, has filed papers to run for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. House of Representatives in Maine's 2nd District.
- Probe sought into claim that LePage forced official's ouster Updated: Jul-28-15 6:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Two Democratic Maine lawmakers want the state's watchdog agency to investigate claims that Republican Gov. Paul LePage forced the president of the World Acadian Congress to resign.
- Lawmakers seek plan to boost water testing for arsenic Updated: Jul-25-15 9:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers say they are discouraged and alarmed by the state's decision not to reapply for a federal grant to help increase well water testing for arsenic.
- Police: Maine police trooper hurt after his cruiser is hit Updated: Jul-24-15 6:58 am
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - A Maine State Police trooper has been injured after his cruiser was hit on the Maine Turnpike.
- Maine widower sues for wrongful death in motorcycle accident Updated: Jul-22-15 4:42 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The widower of a former Maine police officer who was killed in a motorcycle accident in Augusta after hitting a pothole has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Victim: Police could have prevented Maine shooting spree Updated: Jul-22-15 4:04 pm
BENEDICTA, Maine - The young woman who police say was kidnapped last week by a former convict said Wednesday that she believes law enforcement could've prevented the shooting spree that killed her boyfriend and another man.
- Republican Maine lawmaker withdraws from party Updated: Jul-22-15 3:55 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Republican lawmaker who's serving his third term in the Maine Legislature has withdrawn from his party.
- Maine police review death of inmate at correctional center Updated: Jul-21-15 3:08 pm
WINDHAM, Maine - The Maine Department of Corrections says state police are reviewing the death of a prisoner at the Maine Correctional Center in Windham.
- Maine Supreme Court denies Dechaine's bid for new trial Updated: Jul-21-15 1:08 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's highest court has denied a request for a new trial from a man convicted of killing of a 12-year-old girl more than 20 years ago.
- The winners and losers of Maine's 2015 legislative session Updated: Jul-19-15 11:53 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Legislature has closed the books on a lengthy and combative session during which lawmakers' bitter political clashes with Republican Gov. Paul LePage often overshadowed legislating and policy debates.
- The Latest: Maine lawmakers complete their work for the year Updated: Jul-16-15 6:16 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The latest on the Maine Legislature's last day of the 2015 session:
- Maine lawmakers rebuff LePage attempt to veto 65 bills Updated: Jul-16-15 6:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers on Thursday refused to consider dozens of vetoes that Republican Gov. Paul LePage attempted to return to the Legislature, leaving the fate of 65 measures hanging in the balance as the divided Legislature headed toward adjournment.
- Tractor trailer fire shuts down part of Maine Turnpike Updated: Jul-16-15 9:32 am
FALMOUTH, Maine - Maine State Police say a tractor-trailer fire has forced the closing of all lanes of the Maine Turnpike a few miles north of Portland.
- Maine court affirms man's sex crimes convictions Updated: Jul-15-15 1:11 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's highest court is upholding the convictions of a Rockport man in connection with his sexual assault of a young girl over a period of three years.
- Sanford representative dies at 66 after battle with cancer Updated: Jul-15-15 12:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Democratic representative from Sanford who was serving his second term in the Maine House has died after a battle with cancer.
- Effort launched to nix asylum seeker law at the ballot box Updated: Jul-13-15 9:17 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Republican activist and three state lawmakers have launched an effort to block a contentious new law that would allow people who are seeking asylum in the state to receive municipal welfare benefits.
- Lawmakers share personal stories to help reduce tobacco use Updated: Jul-12-15 12:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers are sharing stories about how their lives have been touched by tobacco addiction to help reduce smoking among youth and adults.
- Maine House speaker to attend White House event on aging Updated: Jul-12-15 8:44 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democratic Speaker Mark Eves is heading to Washington this week to attend the annual White House Conference on Aging.
- Maine to allow carrying of concealed guns without a permit Updated: Jul-08-15 3:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage signed a bill on Wednesday that will make Maine one of a handful of states where residents are free to carry a hidden firearm without a permit.
- Maine lawmakers headed to potato country Updated: Jul-06-15 4:06 am
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine - Maine lawmakers are headed north to get schooled on potatoes.
- Maine police say an erratic driver hit Wells police cruiser Updated: Jul-04-15 12:23 pm
WELLS, Maine - Maine state police say a Massachusetts man being pursued for erratic driving struck a Wells police cruiser with two officers inside.