- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Vitesse beats PSV 6-2 to stay atop Eredivisie Updated: Dec-07-13 5:35 pm
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Bale top player, Arsenal 1st in AP football poll Updated: Dec-03-13 11:04 am
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- Milan beats Celtic 3-0 in Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 5:00 pm
- 5 things to know about Group H of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 8:23 am
- Barcelona's Adriano injured, to miss Ajax match Updated: Nov-24-13 7:29 am
- Ajax fined for fans' religious insult vs Celtic Updated: Nov-12-13 11:57 am
- Ajax defender Veltman debuts in Netherlands squad Updated: Nov-08-13 9:24 am
- Lasse Schoene scores as Ajax beats Celtic 1-0 Updated: Nov-06-13 5:19 pm
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
AMSTERDAM - Vitesse Arnhem beat PSV 6-2 to stay atop the Eredivisie and pile more pressure on Eindhoven coach Phillip Cocu on Saturday.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
GLASGOW, Scotland - AC Milan shrugged off its patchy domestic form to ease past Celtic 3-0 in Group H of the Champions League on Tuesday and close in on the knockout stage.
MADRID - Barcelona is through, and Ajax needs a win in Group H of the Champions League.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's already injury-hit squad has received another blow with full back Adriano ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League game at Ajax.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has fined Ajax 25,000 euros ($33,500) after fans displayed an "offensive banner" aimed at Celtic during a Champions League match.
AMSTERDAM - Ajax defender Joel Veltman was rewarded for strong recent form with a first summons to the Netherlands squad on Friday.
AMSTERDAM - Lasse Schoene scored the only goal on Wednesday as Ajax beat Celtic 1-0 to keep the Dutch team's Champions League campaign alive.