- AP Interview: Jihadi head says Gaza groups growing Updated: Mar-09-14 6:55 pm
- Arab envoys say no to Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-09-14 3:34 pm
- Fatah: Hamas violently breaks up rally in Gaza Updated: Mar-09-14 5:13 am
- Netanyahu to Abbas: 'Recognize the Jewish state' Updated: Mar-04-14 3:54 pm
- Gaza public workers say Hamas not paying salaries Updated: Mar-03-14 9:14 am
- Dahlan, exiled Palestinian leader, builds comeback Updated: Feb-28-14 5:29 am
- Obama to meet Palestinian President Abbas in March Updated: Feb-27-14 11:03 am
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- Hamas arrests top member over financial suspicions Updated: Feb-17-14 6:46 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A leader of one of Gaza's secretive jihadi groups says the al-Qaida-inspired movement now has several thousand armed fighters in the seaside strip, posing a formidable threat to both Israel and the area's Hamas rulers.
CAIRO - Arab foreign ministers on Sunday rejected Israel's demands that the Palestinians recognize it as a Jewish state, saying such a move would undermine the rights of Palestinian refugees.
WASHINGTON - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that reassuring words from Iranian officials about not wanting nuclear weapons do not square with Tehran's actions - and that the international community needs to exert more pressure to deny Iran the capability of making nuclear arms.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian civil servants called on the Gaza Strip's Hamas government Monday to pay them full salaries, the clearest sign yet that Egypt's blockade of the territory is making it increasingly difficult for the Islamic militants to govern.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Fueled by millions in Gulf aid dollars that are his to distribute, an exiled Palestinian operative seems to be orchestrating a comeback that could position him as a potential successor to aging Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.
WASHINGTON - Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas plans to meet with President Barack Obama next month to discuss Mideast peace talks. The meeting will occur two weeks after Obama is set to host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Hamas official says the Palestinian Islamist group has arrested one of its senior members over suspected financial misdealings.