- Abbas: Israeli settlement expansion blocks any peace deal Updated: May-22-15 8:05 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday said Israel is blocking peace by continuing to expand settlements on occupied territory, but reaffirmed his support for a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 border.
- Palestinian patients find help in Israeli hospital Updated: May-19-15 5:29 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The bedroom of Palestinian siblings Ahmed and Hadeel Hamdan looks like a hospital ward, filled with beeping machines, monitors, solution bags and sterilizing fluids.
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty Updated: May-13-15 3:55 pm
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican officially recognized the state of Palestine in a new treaty finalized Wednesday, immediately sparking Israeli ire and accusations that the move hurt peace prospects.
- West Bank settlers optimistic over new Israeli government Updated: May-13-15 2:20 pm
JERUSALEM - As the new Israeli government prepares to take office, the West Bank settler movement appears poised to wield influence perhaps like never before.
- Analysis: New Netanyahu government headed for turmoil Updated: May-07-15 2:38 pm
JERUSALEM - Benjamin Netanyahu has managed to cobble together a government dominated by nationalist and religious allies, setting the stage for conflict with the Palestinians and much of the world and leaving Israel angrily divided.
- A look at key figures in Israel's new government Updated: May-07-15 2:14 pm
JERUSALEM - The Israeli prime minister's new coalition government is dominated by nationalists and religious parties, setting Israel on a collision course with the international community on multiple fronts. The success of that government rests largely on the key players involved.
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 11:49 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group launched a crackdown Tuesday on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip, arresting dozens of people and setting up military-type checkpoints.
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm