- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- Hamas wins student council vote at top West Bank university Updated: Apr-23-15 9:34 am
- Hamas consolidates its grip on Gaza as reconstruction stalls Updated: Apr-14-15 11:08 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Eight months after a ruinous war with Israel, the reconstruction of Gaza has barely begun, and the Islamic militant group Hamas remains entrenched despite expectations that it cede some of its power to West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- US judge upholds verdict against Arab Bank Updated: Apr-08-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - A federal judge refused on Wednesday to throw out a U.S. jury's verdict finding that a large Jordan-based bank was responsible for terror attacks in Israel that killed or wounded Americans.
- Suffering rises as militants take over refugee camp in Syria Updated: Apr-08-15 4:36 pm
BEIRUT - When hundreds of Islamic State militants muscled into the Yarmouk refugee camp last week and planted their black flags amid the charred, blown-out buildings, it was the latest trial for the remaining Palestinians who for two years have endured a suffocating government siege, starvation and disease.