- Hamas wins student election at top Palestinian university Updated: Apr-27-16 1:43 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The Palestinian's leading university in the West Bank says the Islamic militant group Hamas has won student council elections.
- Muhammad Salah, acquitted of supporting Hamas, dead at 62 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:13 pm
CHICAGO - Muhammad Salah, a suburban Chicago man who fought off charges he supported Hamas, has died. He was 62.
- Hamas deploys forces on Egypt-Gaza border over IS concerns Updated: Apr-21-16 8:04 am
- Egypt opposition figure sues president over islands uproar Updated: Apr-20-16 3:17 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian opposition figure who ran in the presidential elections against Abdel-Fatah el-Sissi is suing the president over his decision to hand over two strategic Red Sea islands to Saudi Arabia, according to a copy of a document obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday.
- Jerusalem bus bombing wounds 21 Israelis Updated: Apr-18-16 3:11 pm
JERUSALEM - A bus exploded in Jerusalem on Monday, wounding at least 21 people in what police said was a "terror attack," raising fears of a return to the Palestinian suicide bombings that ravaged Israeli cities a decade ago.
- World Bank urges donors to fulfill Gaza pledges Updated: Apr-18-16 8:47 am
JERUSALEM - After Israel's war against Gaza militants in 2014, Arab countries led the way in pledging reconstruction aid to the devastated seaside enclave. But a new report released Monday by the World Bank shows that Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and other Arab donors have delivered only a small fraction of what was promised.
- Palestinian prime minister urges donors to rebuild Gaza Updated: Apr-13-16 10:55 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The Palestinian prime minister has urged international donor countries to "make good on their pledges" to help rebuild the war-battered Gaza Strip.
- Blast in southern Lebanon kills local Palestinian official Updated: Apr-12-16 9:15 am
BEIRUT - An explosion just outside the southern Lebanese city of Sidon on Tuesday killed a local Palestinian security official amid tensions between the main Palestinian faction and extremists groups.