- AP finds bodies of 6 after ethnic killings in Mali Updated: Dec-09-13 6:23 am
- Remains of 21 people found near barracks in Mali Updated: Dec-04-13 10:37 am
- Amnesty calls for release of Mali child soldiers Updated: Nov-30-13 7:28 am
- Army and demonstrators clash in northern Mali Updated: Nov-28-13 9:43 am
- Embassy: French adviser shot in Malian capital Updated: Nov-22-13 11:21 am
- Explosion wounds 3 French soldiers in north Mali Updated: Nov-20-13 6:26 am
- Dozens of Mali rebels seen arriving in Kidal Updated: Nov-15-13 3:07 pm
TIMBUKTU, Mali - The body of an old man known as The Last Arab of Timbuktu, the symbol of ethnic minority Arabs who died or disappeared in a backlash against the al-Qaida occupation, has been found buried in the desert.
BAMAKO, Mali - A mass grave containing 21 skulls has been discovered near the Kati military barracks, formerly the fief of the country's military strongman, Mali's chief prosecutor announced Wednesday.
DAKAR, Senegal - Amnesty International is calling on the Malian government to release five adolescents held by the military for up to seven months. An Amnesty delegation met the five teenagers, aged between 15 and 17, at a military camp in Mali's capital.
BAMAKO, Mali - Malian soldiers opened fire on demonstrators in the troubled northern city of Kidal on Thursday, residents said, injuring five people in an altercation that highlighted tensions over the country's new government.
DOUENTZA, Mali - A French military adviser came under fire from a gunman waiting outside his house Friday in a rare attack on foreigners in the Malian capital, officials said.
KIDAL, Mali - The French military says at least three soldiers have been wounded in northern Mali after an explosion went off near an entrance to the volatile town of Kidal.
BAMAKO, Mali - Dozens of Tuareg rebels have returned to the troubled north Malian town of Kidal, prompting concerns about further unrest, residents said Friday.