- Syrian troops evacuate besieged compound in northwest Updated: May-22-15 6:17 am
BEIRUT - Activists and state media say Syrian troops who had been besieged for nearly a month in a hospital compound in the country's northwest managed to withdraw.
- Mother of US reporter missing in Syria pleads for answers Updated: May-19-15 11:16 am
BEIRUT - The mother of an American journalist missing in Syria for nearly three years pleaded on Tuesday for information about him, saying she believes that he is still alive.
- Obama not drawing new red line on Syria chemical weapons use Updated: May-14-15 6:27 pm
CAMP DAVID, Maryland - President Barack Obama says he is not drawing a new red line on Syrian chemical weapons usage.
- Flag dispute sparks divisions, mistrust in Syria opposition Updated: May-12-15 5:44 pm
BEIRUT - The divisions and mistrust that have long plagued Syria's rebellion against President Bashar Assad erupted once more on Tuesday - this time over the flag.
- Hezbollah leads fight in strategic Syrian mountain range Updated: May-10-15 10:34 am
- Syria rebels cast doubt on US training program Updated: May-08-15 1:40 pm
BEIRUT - Syrian rebels on Friday voiced deep reservations about a U.S. program to train moderate rebels that American and Jordanian officials say has kicked off in Jordan, dismissing it as a drop in the ocean that would not change realities on the ground.
- Turkey, Saudi in pact to help anti-Assad rebels Updated: May-07-15 7:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Casting aside U.S. concerns about aiding extremist groups, Turkey and Saudi Arabia have converged on an aggressive new strategy to bring down Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- Israel says airstrike on Syrian border targeted militants Updated: Apr-26-15 5:55 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military said Sunday it launched an airstrike on its border with Syria after spotting militants carrying a bomb in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.