- Syrian troops, Hezbollah enter rebel-held mountain resort Updated: Jul-05-15 8:25 am
DAMASCUS, Syria - State media says Syrian forces backed by Lebanese Hezbollah fighters have entered a rebel-held mountain resort near the border with Lebanon, a day after launching a major offensive to capture the town.
- UK minister: Illogical to attack IS in Iraq but not Syria Updated: Jul-02-15 11:23 am
LONDON - Britain's defense minister says lawmakers should consider expanding Royal Air Force airstrikes against the Islamic State from Iraq into Syria.
- UN condemns fighting by Syria and rebels in Golan Heights Updated: Jun-29-15 11:02 pm
- As Kurds gain in Syria, Turkish govt ponders military action Updated: Jun-29-15 6:35 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - As Kurdish rebels in northern Syria rack up wins against the Islamic State group, Turkish media is abuzz with talk of a long-debated military intervention to push the Islamic militants back from the Turkish border - a move that will also outflank any Kurdish attempts to create a state along Turkey's southern frontier.
- Putin urges all to fight IS group, backs Syria's Assad Updated: Jun-29-15 10:58 am
MOSCOW - In a surprise meeting with Syria's foreign minister, Russian President Vladimir Putin pledged his support Monday for Syrian President Bashar Assad and called on all Middle East nations to join forces to fight Islamic State militants.
- Suicide car bombing kills 20 Syrian troops in Kurdish city Updated: Jun-26-15 3:02 pm
BEIRUT - Syria's official news agency and activists say a suicide bombing has targeted a security building at the northeastern, mostly Kurdish city of Hassakeh.
- Israeli Druze alarmed by plight of their brethren in Syria Updated: Jun-22-15 3:43 pm
DALIYAT AL-KARMEL, Israel - Members of Israel's Druze minority, long among the Jewish state's most loyal citizens, have become increasingly concerned about the plight of their beleaguered brethren in neighboring Syria. Now, they are asking the state of Israel to help their fellow Druze next door - and some are even offering to go fight in Syria if needed.