- Tea party battles business over Braves stadium Updated: Dec-08-13 9:59 am
- Braves want stores, restaurants outside ballpark Updated: Dec-07-13 2:59 pm
- Cano leaves, but Yanks get Beltran and keep Kuroda Updated: Dec-07-13 12:12 am
- AP source: OF McLouth, Nationals reach deal Updated: Dec-06-13 8:12 pm
- AP source: Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal Updated: Dec-06-13 4:58 pm
- AP sources: Furcal agrees to deal with Marlins Updated: Dec-06-13 12:39 am
- Yanks flash cash: McCann, Ellsbury just the start Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 pm
- Phillies sign catcher Will Nieves to 1-year deal Updated: Dec-05-13 5:50 pm
- Ellsbury to Yankees, Pierzynski to Red Sox Updated: Dec-04-13 3:39 am
- AP sources: Saltalamacchia, Marlins reach deal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:43 pm
- Phils trade C Kratz to Blue Jays for RHP Lincoln Updated: Dec-03-13 10:36 pm
- New Nats RHP Fister heard about trade 'rumors' Updated: Dec-03-13 6:23 pm
- Braves cut Johnson, Janish, Martinez Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- Doug Fister dealt to Nats, Jim Johnson to A's Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- Phillies agree to deal with Kevin Frandsen Updated: Dec-03-13 2:08 am
- Tigers trade RHP Fister to Nationals for 3 players Updated: Dec-03-13 1:12 am
- Former top rookie Coghlan, Webb let go by Marlins Updated: Dec-03-13 12:56 am
- Mets non-tender 5 ahead of midnight deadline Updated: Dec-02-13 10:48 pm
- Owner: Potomac Nationals closer to new stadium Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 am
- Ga. commissioners approve plan for Braves stadium Updated: Nov-27-13 4:12 am
- Chris Young, Mets complete $7.25 million deal Updated: Nov-26-13 9:44 pm
- Citizens' group asks to delay Braves stadium plan Updated: Nov-25-13 8:28 pm
- Phillies, Ruiz finalize $26 million, 3-year deal Updated: Nov-21-13 9:08 pm
- Phillies hire Bob McClure as pitching coach Updated: Nov-21-13 3:15 pm
- Braves unveil stadium entertainment district plan Updated: Nov-20-13 3:51 pm
ATLANTA - A deal for hundreds of millions of dollars in public money to draw the Atlanta Braves north of their downtown home is pitting conservative tea party activists against the elected and civic leaders in the staunch Republican county, with opponents saying the use of public money to help a private business is not what American capitalism should be about.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves are looking for developers to create a $400 million mixed-use development with stores, restaurants, apartments and offices outside the proposed site of a new stadium in Cobb County.
NEW YORK - Lost one, got one, kept one.
NEW YORK - Curtis Granderson is heading across town, where the New York Mets hope his home run swing won't suffer at Citi Field.
MIAMI - Rafael Furcal will try to make his comeback from elbow surgery with the Miami Marlins.
NEW YORK - Brian McCann arrived at Yankee Stadium on Nov. 19 and was greeted on the field by CC Sabathia and the pitcher's kids.
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Phillies have signed catcher Wil Nieves to a $1,125,000, one-year contract.
MIAMI - Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia is going from the World Series champions to a team that lost 100 games.
ATLANTA - Second baseman Elliot Johnson, third baseman Paul Janish and right-hander Cristhian Martinez became free agents when the Atlanta Braves failed to offer 2014 contracts on Monday night.
NEW YORK - On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.
PHILADELPHIA - Utilityman Kevin Frandsen and the Philadelphia Phillies agreed to a one-year, $900,000 contract Monday night, avoiding arbitration.
NEW YORK - The New York Mets did not offer contracts to pitchers Jeremy Hefner and Scott Atchison, infielders Omar Quintanilla and Justin Turner, and utilityman Jordany Valdespin ahead of Monday night's deadline, making the five free agents.
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - The owner of a Washington Nationals minor league affiliate says the team is "pretty darn close" to a naming rights contract for a new ballpark in northern Virginia.
MARIETTA, Georgia - The Atlanta Braves are a step closer to moving out of downtown Atlanta, the Major League Baseball team's home for the past 47 years.
NEW YORK - Chris Young thinks he's a New York kind of guy.
MARIETTA, Georgia - A coalition of wide-ranging citizens groups has asked Cobb County officials to delay a decision on spending hundreds of millions of public dollars to build a stadium for Major League Baseball's Atlanta Braves.
PHILADELPHIA - Carlos Ruiz and the Philadelphia Phillies completed their $26 million, three-year contract Thursday.
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies have hired Bob McClure to be their pitching coach.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have announced plans to build a $400 million entertainment district near the team's new stadium in Cobb County.