- Phillies lose 5-2 to Dodgers in Hamel's debut Updated: Apr-24-14 2:45 am
- Hamels loses to Dodgers in 1st start of season Updated: Apr-24-14 2:15 am
- Frieri blows save in 9th; Angels lose 5-4 to Nats Updated: Apr-24-14 12:27 am
- Wacha too wild in wind, Cardinals lose to Mets 3-2 Updated: Apr-24-14 12:21 am
- Werth, LaRoche lift Nats past Angels 5-4 in 9th Updated: Apr-24-14 12:08 am
- Mets cut down tying run, hold off Cardinals 3-2 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:57 pm
- As errors, losses mount, Nationals get extra work Updated: Apr-23-14 7:03 pm
- Phillies activate Hamels to start against Dodgers Updated: Apr-23-14 5:41 pm
- Country star McGraw loves life in GT fast lane Updated: Apr-23-14 5:36 pm
- Marlins' bats come up short again against Braves Updated: Apr-23-14 5:15 pm
- Gattis' double helps Braves top Marlins 3-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 3:53 pm
- Crawford's error helps Phils beat LA 3-2 in 10 Updated: Apr-23-14 3:17 am
- Brewers bats cold, fall 2-1 in 12 to Padres Updated: Apr-23-14 1:42 am
- Mets, slumping Granderson blanked by Cardinals 3-0 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:35 am
- Nationals trail early, lose to Angels, Pujols 7-2 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:35 am
- Wood takes tough loss as Marlins blank Braves 1-0 Updated: Apr-22-14 10:57 pm
- Mets ace Matt Harvey off Twitter after photo flap Updated: Apr-22-14 8:44 pm
- Lawmakers seek change in MLB Cuban player policy Updated: Apr-22-14 7:04 pm
- Nationals recall RHP Barrett, option LHP Cedeno Updated: Apr-22-14 5:54 pm
- Braves' Minor to make 1 more rehab start in minors Updated: Apr-22-14 4:45 pm
- Davis slam leads Pirates over Reds 6-5 Updated: Apr-22-14 12:18 am
- Trout, Harper square off in majors for 1st time Updated: Apr-21-14 7:26 pm
- Mets call up 40-year-old OF Bobby Abreu Updated: Apr-21-14 7:12 pm
- Cardinals promote LHP Lyons, start him vs Mets Updated: Apr-21-14 6:05 pm
- Rollins gets key hits, Phillies beat Rockies 10-9 Updated: Apr-20-14 10:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg liked what he saw from Cole Hamels in his long-awaited season debut. A better job by the bullpen would have helped, along with a few more runs against Zack Greinke.
LOS ANGELES - Zack Greinke is in midseason form. Cole Hamels is just starting his season.
WASHINGTON - Trailing by two runs with two men on in the bottom of the ninth inning, Washington's Jayson Werth worked a 3-0 count against Angels closer Ernesto Frieri.
NEW YORK - With a 360-foot relay in the ninth inning, the New York Mets prevented a hard-fought victory from vanishing in the wind.
WASHINGTON - As part of rookie manager Matt Williams' emphasis on defense, the Washington Nationals regularly schedule extra infield practice for their backups.
NEW YORK - Tim McGraw drives in the carpool lane most days instead of pushing 100 mph with the windows rolled down and hair pulled back.
ATLANTA - Marlins manager Mike Redmond believes his team pitched well enough to win a three-game series at Turner Field.
ATLANTA - Pinch-hitter Evan Gattis broke an eighth-inning tie with a two-run double off A.J. Ramos, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Miami Marlins 3-1 Wednesday for their ninth win in 12 games.
LOS ANGELES - Defense continues to be a problem for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who aren't getting enough offense to compensate for it.
MILWAUKEE - Yovani Gallardo made it a point to be aggressive on the mound and get hitters to chase pitches that could be turned into easy outs.
NEW YORK - The way Curtis Granderson and the New York Mets are swinging, Adam Wainwright figured to be a tough chore Tuesday night.
WASHINGTON - The errors are mounting for the Washington Nationals, up to 24 through 21 games so far.
ATLANTA - Another strong eight innings, another loss for Alex Wood.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two Florida lawmakers motivated by Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig's dangerous escape from Cuba are trying to change the way Major League Baseball treats Cuban players and are willing to tie state money for stadiums to the issue.
ATLANTA - Braves left-hander Mike Minor's season debut has been pushed back so he can make one more minor league start in his recovery from tendinitis in his left shoulder.
WASHINGTON - Asked what about Bryce Harper impresses him, Mike Trout began with a stock-sounding answer.
NEW YORK - Bobby Abreu got a quick lesson in the Mets' many uniform color combinations from an equipment guy, tried on a few belts in the clubhouse and then hugged new teammate Bartolo Colon.
DENVER - Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard led the way out of the Philadelphia Phillies' offensive slump.