- Rollins faces Phillies for 1st time since leaving for LA Updated: Jul-06-15 8:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Rollins pretty much accomplished everything he could during 14 years with the Philadelphia Phillies. A World Series title. Three All-Star selections. The NL MVP award.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 8:46 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Nationals slugger Harper to skip All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper won't participate in the All-Star Home Run Derby because his father isn't available to pitch to him.
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration Updated: Jul-06-15 3:35 am
A-Rod the All-Star?
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Bochy, Vogelsong ejected in fifth inning against Nationals Updated: Jul-05-15 10:15 pm
WASHINGTON - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy and starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong were ejected by plate umpire Phil Cuzzi in the fifth inning Sunday night after complaining about the strike zone.
- Dodgers stumble to 8-0 loss against Mets, drop series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - So much for Mike Bolsinger being dominant at home for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Matz sharp, Mets feast on Dodgers pitching to take series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Steven Matz is having the time of his young baseball life, winning his first two career starts, including silencing the Los Angeles Dodgers' powerful lineup.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Braves shake up bullpen after 4-0 loss to Phillies in 10 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - A 10th-inning meltdown set the stage for a postgame shake-up of Atlanta's bullpen.
- Nats put RHP Strasburg on disabled list with oblique strain Updated: Jul-05-15 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals have put pitcher Stephen Strasburg back on the 15-day disabled list, this time with a strained left oblique.
- Braves' Masset, Eveland designated for assignment after loss Updated: Jul-05-15 6:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have recalled right-hander Arodys Vizcaino and promoted right-hander David Carpenter from Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Phillies beat Braves 4-0 in 10th to stop 6-game skid Updated: Jul-05-15 6:13 pm
ATLANTA - Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin though his team's hitters deserved better results. The Phillies finally broke through Sunday for a rare win.
- Phillies trade for No. 1 international signing slot Updated: Jul-05-15 2:44 pm
- Marlins activate Morse from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-05-15 2:35 pm
- Cubs activate Soler from 15-day DL, send Szczur to Triple-A Updated: Jul-05-15 1:53 pm
- Woman sues Marlins, alleges she was injured by mascot Updated: Jul-05-15 9:58 am
MIAMI - A woman is suing the Miami Marlins alleging one of its mascots seriously injured her neck during a game two years ago.
- Matt Harvey struggles for Mets in 4-3 loss to Dodgers Updated: Jul-05-15 12:04 am
LOS ANGELES - Matt Harvey was bowed by the Los Angeles Dodgers and then bloodied.
- Correia knocked out early as Phillies fall to Braves 9-5 Updated: Jul-04-15 11:26 pm
ATLANTA - The Philadelphia Phillies' free fall continued behind another short outing from their starting pitcher.
- Marlins 1B Morse ready to return, Cosart sent to Triple-A Updated: Jul-04-15 11:08 pm
CHICAGO - Miami Marlins first baseman Michael Morse is ready to return from the disabled list and pitcher Jarred Cosart is headed to the minors.
- Bumgarner struggles; Giants suffer 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-04-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Madison Bumgarner barely broke a sweat before the Nationals got to him.
- Mets broadcaster doing fine after health issue Updated: Jul-03-15 11:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - New York Mets radio play-by-play man Howie Rose is back in New York and doing fine, after an episode on the team's coast-to-coast flight in which he passed out from dehydration - forcing the plane to make an emergency stop in Detroit so that he could get medical attention.
- Offense can't support Hammel in Cubs 2-1 loss to Marlins Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Hammel knows that quality pitching is one reason why the Chicago Cubs continue to play meaningful baseball.
- Court blocks plans for Willets West mall near Citi Field Updated: Jul-03-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - A New York state appeals court has blocked a plan for a shopping mall near the Mets' home at Citi Field.