- Padres blanked again, Syndergaard dominates as Mets win 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 am
NEW YORK - Justin Upton and the San Diego Padres became the first major league team to face Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard more than once.
- Syndergaard dominates, Mets hit 2 homers to beat Padres 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:14 am
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard had the fans on their feet and the Padres in the palm of his hand. With one pinpoint pitch after another, he nearly turned a sour day for the New York Mets into a thrilling night at Citi Field.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Teheran stumbles again on road as Braves lose to Orioles 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:41 pm
BALTIMORE - Playing on the road is a losing proposition for the Atlanta Braves these days, especially with Julio Teheran on the mound.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Davis hits 2 HRs, has 5 RBIs as Orioles beat Braves 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:14 pm
BALTIMORE - With the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, the Baltimore Orioles appear poised to be buyers instead of sellers.
- After trading Papelbon, Phillies beat Blue Jays 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:03 pm
TORONTO - Dependable pitching was no problem for the Philadelphia Phillies in their first game after trading All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon to Washington.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:54 pm
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:47 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez tried to hide from Miami manager Dan Jennings in the dugout after the sixth inning, desperate to find any way to stay in the game.
- Mets' Syndergaard loses bid for perfect game on hit in 7th Updated: Jul-28-15 9:02 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard has lost his bid for a perfect game when Will Venable singled on the first pitch of the seventh inning.
- Braves put LHP Banuelos on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Jul-28-15 7:15 pm
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves have placed left-hander Manny Banuelos on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation.
- Hamels' next start pushed back to Friday Updated: Jul-28-15 6:53 pm
TORONTO - Cole Hamels is being pushed back one day in Philadelphia's starting rotation and is not scheduled to start for the Phillies again until after Friday's trade deadline has passed.
- Werth, Zimmerman back with Nationals Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
MIAMI - Outfielder Jayson Werth and first baseman Ryan Zimmerman are back with the Washington Nationals after long stints on the disabled list.
- Marlins activate Gordon, but Alvarez gone for season Updated: Jul-28-15 5:18 pm
MIAMI - All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon was activated from the disabled list by the Miami Marlins on Tuesday, the same day that the team announced that Henderson Alvarez had season-ending shoulder surgery.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions-Smoltz story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:33 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about John Smoltz's induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that he is the only man to make the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz is the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Former Oriole Markakis returns to Baltimore with Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Sitting in the visiting dugout at Camden Yards, Nick Markakis felt at home and a bit out of place at the same time.
- Marlins Park proves a challenge for home run hitters Updated: Jul-27-15 1:00 pm
MIAMI - The weekend before the Reds' Todd Frazier won the All-Star Home Run Derby, he couldn't slug his way out of Marlins Park.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Latos still can't beat Padres as Marlins lose 3-2 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Miami's Mat Latos isn't letting all the trade rumors affect his focus.
- Upton's HR, Despaigne's pitching help Padres beat Marlins Updated: Jul-26-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - The way things were going, it seemed the Padres would likely be sellers as the trade deadline approaches. That was before they won five of eight on homestead that might change the front office's thinking.
- Braves avoid sweep with 3-2 victory over Cardinals Updated: Jul-26-15 8:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - More than four years after Adonis Garcia defected from Cuba, he hit his first major league home run.
- Greinke's shutout streak ends, Mets beat Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thanks to another exquisite performance from Jacob deGrom and a big hit by newcomer Juan Uribe, the New York Mets did more than just stop Zack Greinke's streak.
- Greinke's shutout streak over; Mets top Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke hit the Mets harder than they hit him. Still, his shutout streak is over.
- Phillies beat Cubs 11-5 for series sweep Updated: Jul-26-15 7:33 pm
CHICAGO - All of a sudden, the major league-worst Philadelphia Phillies don't look so awful.