- Royals bring Gordon off DL, welcome Gomes to Kansas City Updated: Sep-01-15 8:05 pm
- Nationals activate Uggla off DL, add 2 others Updated: Sep-01-15 7:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Washington Nationals have activated second baseman Dan Uggla from the 15-day disabled list.
- Cuban defector Hector Olivera joins Braves for final month Updated: Sep-01-15 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - In what is shaping up as their worst season since 1990, the Atlanta Braves at least have a little something to be excited about in the final month of the season.
- Gonzalez improves, but Nationals fall to Cardinals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:23 am
ST. LOUIS - Washington left-hander Gio Gonzalez took a positive step forward on Monday night.
- Heyward's double keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:14 am
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward decided to cut loose for a change.
- Eickhoff solid but Phillies drop 10th straight to Mets, 3-1 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:33 am
NEW YORK - Jerad Eickhoff is fitting right in with the Phillies: He's already lost twice to the New York Mets.
- Colon throws 8 shutout innings, Mets beat Phillies 3-1 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - Just like all his (much) younger teammates, Bartolo Colon loves to face the Phillies.
- Narveson trying to make case to stick in Miami's rotation Updated: Aug-31-15 11:47 pm
ATLANTA - Chris Narveson wanted to at least finish the sixth inning before a finger blister developed and ended his night.
- Miller's hard-luck streak reaches 19 starts without a win Updated: Aug-31-15 11:29 pm
ATLANTA - Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez says he's never seen anything like Shelby Miller's tough run of luck as a starting pitcher.
- AL Central-leading Royals make deal to get Gomes from Braves Updated: Aug-31-15 11:03 pm
ATLANTA - Now that he's officially on the move from Atlanta, Jonny Gomes is excited to be joining the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals.
- Braves move Miller up a day to start for ill Foltynewicz Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have moved Shelby Miller into Mike Foltynewicz's rotation spot for Monday night's game against the Miami Marlins.
- Fan's death at Braves game raises stadium safety questions Updated: Aug-31-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - The death of a longtime Braves season-ticket holder raises questions about the height of guard rails at the team's new stadium that is to open in 2017.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Marlins jump to early lead, but fall 7-4 to Nationals Updated: Aug-30-15 7:39 pm
WASHINGTON - With his team long out of contention and slugger Giancarlo Stanton nearing his return, Marlins manager Dan Jennings is embracing his team's role as spoilers in the NL East playoff race.
- Ortiz passes Gehrig on HR chart, Red Sox lose 5-4 to Mets Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz got a good, close-up look at the New York Mets' young rotation this weekend and was impressed.
- NL East-leading Mets get reliever Addison Reed from Arizona Updated: Aug-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The NL East-leading New York Mets acquired reliever Addison Reed from Arizona for two minor league pitchers Sunday, completing a trade they hope will bolster their late-inning bullpen.
- Nationals' Strasburg exits with upper back tightness Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg left Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins after four innings with upper back tightness, but hopes to be ready for his next start.
- Shields leads Padres past Phillies 9-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - James Shields ended his road skid, and the Padres finally beat the Phillies.
- Cuddyer, Mets avert 3-game sweep at home, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - With every swing, a healthy Michael Cuddyer is becoming a major player for the New York Mets.
- Werth homers, drives in 3 as Nationals beat Marlins 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Jayson Werth homered and drove in three runs, and Clint Robinson added a pinch-hit home run as the Nationals had 13 hits and rallied past the Marlins 7-4 on Sunday.
- Mets give deGrom little help, lose 3-1 to last-place Red Sox Updated: Aug-29-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - All of a sudden, the New York Mets are having a tough time at home.
- Nationals' Span expects 4-6 month recovery after hip surgery Updated: Aug-29-15 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Even as the Nationals Park crowd rose in an ovation for their just-returned center fielder on Tuesday night, Denard Span knew something was still wrong.