- Scherzer allows 4 homers as Nationals fall to Cubs 8-6 Updated: May-06-16 8:35 pm
- Zobrist homers twice to lead Cubs over Nationals Updated: May-06-16 7:43 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon loves what Ben Zobrist brings to the Chicago Cubs' locker room.
- Column: Braves go from model franchise to laughingstock Updated: May-06-16 7:38 pm
ATLANTA - A slew of pennants line the left-field facade at Turner Field, a sobering reminder of the team that used to play here.
- Baseball scraps Puerto Rico series amid Zika concerns Updated: May-06-16 7:03 pm
NEW YORK - Zika virus concerns have forced the Pirates-Marlins series out of Puerto Rico, with the two games instead shifted to Miami this month.
- Braves manager Gonzalez trying to get through slow start Updated: May-06-16 6:34 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said Friday "it's tough" to hear speculation he could be fired.
- Buddy Carlyle returns to Braves as coaching assistant Updated: May-06-16 4:37 pm
ATLANTA - Buddy Carlylehas has returned to Atlanta Braves as a coaching assistant.
- Nationals activate center fielder Revere from 15-day DL Updated: May-06-16 1:28 pm
CHICAGO - The Washington Nationals reinstated speedy center fielder Ben Revere from the 15-day disabled list, boosting the top of their lineup.
- Rea takes no-hit bid into 7th; Padres beat Mets 5-3 Updated: May-06-16 1:54 am
SAN DIEGO - The shift helped keep Colin Rea's no-hit bid going into the seventh inning, and then a shift cost the right-hander a chance at the San Diego Padres' ever-elusive gem.
- Padres' Colin Rea loses no-hit bid in 7th vs Mets Updated: May-06-16 12:07 am
- D-backs losing streak reaches 6 with 4-0 defeat at Miami Updated: May-05-16 11:41 pm
MIAMI - The Arizona Diamondbacks are taking big swings to little effect.
- Adam Conley pitches shutout ball, Marlins sweep Arizona 4-0 Updated: May-05-16 11:18 pm
MIAMI - For the second start in a row, Adam Conley came out of the game leaving a string of zeroes behind him on the scoreboard.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Eickhoff, Phillies blanked by Cards, lose 3 of 4 in St Louis Updated: May-05-16 7:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - Phillies starter Jerad Eickhoff got an early jolt. Once he recovered, he stuck around for a while.
- Garcia goes 7, Moss hits long HR as Cardinals blank Phillies Updated: May-05-16 6:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia watched in wonder as teammate Brandon Moss launched a moonshot at Busch Stadium.
- World Series champ Royals get day off in midst of slump Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals hadn't been hitting lately.
- Royals pounded by Nats 13-2 in interleague defeat Updated: May-04-16 6:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kris Medlen got pounded off the mound in the third inning. Eric Hosmer got tossed in the sixth.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Braves held to 3 hits, routed 8-0 by Mets to end trip Updated: May-04-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Jhoulys Chacin did something most of his teammates couldn't do: get a hit off Mets starter Steven Matz.
- Matz's arm, Duda's bat lead Mets to 8-0 rout of Braves Updated: May-04-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - With all his pitches working on a cold, drizzly afternoon, Steven Matz didn't waste any time.
- Braves' Markakis misses game because of family emergency Updated: May-04-16 11:52 am
NEW YORK - Braves right fielder Nick Markakis has left the team because of a family emergency, manager Fredi Gonzalez said before Wednesday afternoon's game against the Mets.
- Harvey falters again, Mets get 1 hit in 3-0 loss to Braves Updated: May-04-16 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey can't seem to find that groove this season. The smooth delivery, those overpowering pitches.
- Nola leads Phillies to 1-0 win over Cardinals Updated: May-04-16 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis manager Mike Matheny could not have asked for anything more from right-hander Michael Wacha in the Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
- Papelbon blows save as Nationals lose to Royals, 7-6 Updated: May-04-16 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dusty Baker has seen the Kansas City Royals mount plenty of improbable comebacks in recent years.
- AP source: Games in PR likely to be moved because of Zika Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
MIAMI - There's a very good chance the Miami Marlins' two-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates in Puerto Rico will not be held there because of concerns about the Zika virus, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday.
- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 10:01 pm
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.