- LePage: Mill layoffs show need for tax, energy changes Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says the elimination of 300 jobs at a Maine mill underscores the need to reduce the state's taxes and energy costs.
- Maine Democratic lawmaker moving out of district resigns Updated: Aug-21-15 3:22 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Democratic Maine lawmaker serving his fourth term in the Legislature is resigning because his family is moving out of his district.
- Maine committee delays decision on LePage investigation Updated: Aug-20-15 3:14 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee has delayed making a decision on whether the state's watchdog agency should investigate allegations that Republican Gov. Paul LePage forced the president of the World Acadian Congress to step down.
- Public to get chance to buy piece of old State House dome Updated: Aug-19-15 4:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Members of the public may soon be able to get their hands on a piece of the century-old green copper removed from the dome of the Maine State House.
- Democratic Maine lawmakers heading to Belfast on jobs tour Updated: Aug-19-15 4:08 am
BELFAST, Maine - A group of Democratic lawmakers will visit the Belfast area this week to meet with workers as part of their statewide "jobs tour."
- Wife of late Sanford representative to run for his seat Updated: Aug-11-15 5:10 pm
SPRINGVALE, Maine - The wife of a former Maine House representative says she will run to fill the seat left open by his death last month.
- Maine court: 65 bills are law after LePage misses deadline Updated: Aug-06-15 4:53 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Dozens of bills opposed by Republican Gov. Paul LePage have become law because he misinterpreted the Maine Constitution and didn't veto the measures in time, the state's highest court said Thursday.
- Maine ends fiscal year with nearly $60 million surplus Updated: Aug-04-15 4:10 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine officials say the state ended the fiscal year on June 30 with a surplus of nearly $60 million.