- Drugs, guns, conservation among proposed Maine legislation Updated: Oct-05-15 5:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Lawmakers and state agencies in Maine have submitted more than 400 requests for bills for the upcoming legislative session, including proposals to fight the state's heroin and opiate epidemic, alter gun laws and protect popular land conservation programs currently frozen by Gov. Paul LePage.
- Maine lawmaker from Pittsfield rejoins Democratic Party Updated: Sep-25-15 1:55 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine lawmaker who ditched the Democratic Party in April has rejoined the House Democratic Caucus.
- Maine lawmakers ask for review of health fund's finances Updated: Sep-17-15 3:02 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Two Maine lawmakers are asking for a formal review of a fund that was created to help improve health outcomes.
- Maine officials discuss psychiatric center certification Updated: Sep-15-15 3:42 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers and the state human services commissioner are discussing whether the state should try to regain federal certification and funding for a psychiatric hospital.
- Democrats tap candidate for Maine House special election Updated: Sep-14-15 1:18 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic party will run Lynn Olson of Standish in a November special election to fill a seat in the state House of Representatives.