- Maine panel rejects proposed mining regulations Updated: Mar-06-14 6:50 pm
- Maine lawmakers advance series of gambling bills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- Maine governor vetoes virtual charter school bill Updated: Mar-06-14 5:49 pm
- Maine panel eyes bill to remove wind-power goals Updated: Mar-05-14 8:10 pm
- Maine House rejects bill allowing early voting Updated: Mar-05-14 12:32 pm
- Maine GOP pushing back against expanding Medicaid Updated: Mar-05-14 12:22 pm
- Maine budget work moves forward without gov's help Updated: Mar-04-14 5:47 pm
- Panel endorses changes to MaineCare rides system Updated: Feb-28-14 6:16 am
- Maine gov lets revenue sharing bill become law Updated: Feb-26-14 12:18 pm
- Maine GOP lawmakers craft Medicaid expansion bill Updated: Feb-25-14 4:06 pm
- Maine bills seek 'narrow' network explanations Updated: Feb-23-14 11:39 am
- Maine legislative panel to subpoena CDC officials Updated: Feb-21-14 2:49 pm
- LePage honors Maine lawmakers, staff who are vets Updated: Feb-20-14 4:34 am
- Maine gov. pushes back against wind energy bill Updated: Feb-18-14 7:20 pm
- Maine Senate rejects religious freedom bill Updated: Feb-18-14 2:04 pm
- Maine lawmaker proposes cold case unit Updated: Feb-13-14 8:18 am
- Maine panel OKs ban on virtual charter schools Updated: Feb-12-14 5:07 pm
- Maine bill looks to expand drug-overdose antidote Updated: Feb-12-14 2:07 pm
- Maine Senate overrides summer lunch program veto Updated: Feb-11-14 1:08 pm
- State workers urge Maine lawmakers for pay boost Updated: Feb-11-14 10:20 am
- Maine Dems' bill would cancel consultant contract Updated: Feb-10-14 1:40 pm
- Maine considers student loan tax credit expansion Updated: Feb-07-14 4:49 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel has rejected a contentious proposal to overhaul the state's mining regulations.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's American Indian tribes that have long seen gambling as the remedy for high unemployment and sluggish economic growth in their communities are a step closer to being able to operate casinos after winning initial approval in the Democratic-controlled House on Thursday.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage vetoed a bill on Thursday that would direct the state to work toward creating a state-run virtual charter academy, citing concerns with part of the proposal that places a moratorium on cyber schools until next year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to scrap Maine's wind-power production goals sparked a debate Wednesday between the Republican governor's administration and renewable energy advocates who say doing so will threaten the industry's future in the state.
AUGUTSA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-controlled House has rejected a measure that would establish a process allowing towns to create in-person early voting systems.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republicans who oppose a proposal to expand Medicaid under the federal health care say many Mainers have an alternative: Buying cheap private plans on the exchange with tax credits.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage urged lawmakers to replenish Maine's rainy day fund on Tuesday while they pushed forward in crafting a supplemental budget without help from the Republican governor who has refused to introduce one this year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A legislative committee has approved a bill to make changes to the troubled system that provides non-emergency rides to Maine Medicaid patients.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine legislation that prevents $40 million in cuts to state aid for cities and towns next year became law Wednesday after Gov. Paul LePage took no action on it, the Republican governor's office said.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine would expand Medicaid under the federal health care overhaul while also implementing other significant changes to the program, under a bill laid out Tuesday by two Republican lawmakers who hope to garner the support of more of their GOP colleagues to override the objections of Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - When Roberta Lane went to her local hospital emergency room, where the doctors she's seen for years practice, she was shocked to find out her insurance wouldn't cover treatment.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel will issue subpoenas to state Centers for Disease Control officials as they seek answers about the mishandling and shredding of public documents.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage is honoring dozens of Maine lawmakers and staff who served in the military during four conflicts.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The LePage administration pushed back against a proposal Tuesday that supporters say would ensure the decision-making process on wind energy proposals in Maine clearly follows the law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The state Senate rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at strengthening legal protections for religious freedom, which opponents say is unnecessary and could roll back decades of advances made for civil rights.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine lawmaker wants the state to establish a new law enforcement unit to re-examine unsolved major criminal cases.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee has approved a bill that would ban virtual charter schools while the state works on offering online learning resources to all students by the fall.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel is examining a bill that seeks to increase access to a drug that counteracts the effects of heroin and other opiates to prevent overdoses.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-controlled Senate voted Tuesday to preserve a measure that seeks to provide more free lunches to low-income children during the summer months.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Two Maine troopers say their family's finances are suffering as the result of freezes in pay increases last year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats said Monday that they're introducing a bill to cancel the state's nearly $1 million contract with a consultant examining the state's Medicaid program.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A measure moving forward in the Maine Legislature would provide tax credits for student loans to some who graduate from out-of-state colleges and return to Maine in a continued effort to encourage more young people to work and live in the state.