- Maine nursing homes may get $14 million boost Updated: Apr-23-14 5:20 pm
- Property tax credit getting boost with new law Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- LePage: Dems' defeat of his bills is 'shameful' Updated: Apr-22-14 3:14 pm
- Medicaid, welfare to play big in Maine campaigns Updated: Apr-18-14 4:18 pm
- Dental therapist position approved by Maine Senate Updated: Apr-18-14 8:55 am
- Maine lawmakers OK $50 million in bond proposals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:35 pm
- Democrats make final attempt at Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-17-14 2:58 pm
- LePage: Maine faces $7M in welfare-related fines Updated: Apr-17-14 10:33 am
- Bill expanding access to overdose antidote OKed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:53 pm
- Bill to remove some highway signs sent to LePage Updated: Apr-15-14 4:49 pm
- $32 million budget fix sent to Maine governor Updated: Apr-15-14 2:43 pm
- Maine bill to halt virtual charter schools fails Updated: Apr-15-14 10:55 am
- Maine House OKs bill to expand preschool programs Updated: Apr-15-14 10:34 am
- Ohio-based outfit buys Maine's Cliff House Updated: Apr-15-14 4:39 am
- Maine House overrides veto of solar rebate bill Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 pm
- LePage seeks funds for cold case homicide squad Updated: Apr-12-14 9:31 am
- Maine Gov. LePage vetoes solar power bill Updated: Apr-11-14 6:25 pm
- Maine Senate rejects LePage's business zones plan Updated: Apr-11-14 1:55 pm
- Maine governor signs human trafficking bill Updated: Apr-10-14 5:58 pm
- Maine House OKs scaled-back drug enforcement bill Updated: Apr-09-14 5:11 pm
- Displaying beer alcohol content now legal in Maine Updated: Apr-09-14 5:58 am
- LePage signs bill aimed at helping paper mill Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 am
- Maine lawmakers vote down municipal welfare bill Updated: Apr-07-14 7:34 pm
- Maine lawmakers back teacher evaluation rules Updated: Apr-07-14 4:29 pm
- Maine tax haven bill among many that await funding Updated: Apr-07-14 2:19 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - After years of underfunding that has forced some of Maine's nursing homes to slash staff and close their doors, the facilities could get some relief under legislation awaiting Gov. Paul LePage's signature.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A new Maine law means that some low-and-middle income families will see their property tax credits double.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is blasting the Democratic-controlled Legislature for blocking his measures to overhaul the state's welfare programs and change the work permit process for minors this session.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats have fallen short so far in their attempt to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law this year, and Republicans didn't get their wish to overhaul welfare programs, either. But that won't stop them from trying to transform those failures into successes on the campaign trail as they now return to their districts to drum up votes for the November election.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill supporters say will increase access to dental care in rural areas of Maine has been approved by the state Senate.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-led Legislature has approved roughly $50 million in bond proposals that would support small businesses and water infrastructure projects.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers will finish their legislative session with a familiar debate: whether to accept federal dollars to provide health care coverage to roughly 70,000 low-income people under the health care law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says Maine faces more than $7 million in federal fines because it's not meeting work participation requirements for welfare recipients.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers on Wednesday gave final approval to a bill that would expand access to a potentially life-saving anti-overdose drug, sending the measure to Gov. Paul LePage, who's expected to allow it to go into law without his signature.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that would remove or relocate dozens of informational signs along the state's interstate highways is heading to Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers sent a bill to Gov. Paul LePage on Tuesday that fixes a $32 million gap in the state budget next fiscal year and moves hundreds of developmentally disabled residents off waitlists for Medicaid services like home-based care.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that seeks to halt the establishment of virtual charter schools in Maine has failed final passage in the House of Representatives.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House has given final approval to a bill designed to boost the number of public preschool programs in the state.
OGUNQUIT, Maine - An Ohio-based hotel group has purchased the historic Cliff House Resort & Spa on the Maine coast.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's House of Representatives has voted to overturn Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill restoring a rebate program for solar panels.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage is seeking help from Maine's congressional delegation to secure funding for the state to create a cold case homicide squad.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a bill that would restore a rebate program for people that buy solar power systems.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Senate has voted down Gov. Paul LePage's bill to offer business tax breaks and workers the freedom not to pay labor union fees in an effort to attract big companies to the state.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill designed to support victims of human trafficking.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House of Representatives has given initial approval to a revised version of Republican Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to provide more money for police to combat illegal drugs that adds money for drug treatment.
AUGUSTA, Maine - It's now legal for bars and breweries in Maine to publicly display the alcohol content of their beer.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill that aims to restore more than 200 jobs lost at a paper mill in East Millinocket.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers have rejected Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to reduce the amount of money the state refunds some cities to run their welfare programs.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers have endorsed proposed guidelines for local school districts to create teacher evaluation systems.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that's designed to prevent multinational corporations from avoiding paying state taxes by holding their profits in overseas tax havens is among many awaiting final approval in the Legislature due to funding.