- Gansler: Md. should study high-speed rail options Updated: Apr-22-14 4:59 pm
- Cybersecurity company moves from WV to Md. Updated: Apr-21-14 12:36 pm
- Charter government popular among Md. counties Updated: Apr-19-14 9:30 am
- Economist: 2018 minimum wage will be worth $9.25 Updated: Apr-18-14 4:23 pm
- Prosecutors confronting marijuana law's challenges Updated: Apr-14-14 5:47 pm
- Md., Pa., W.Va. police to step up I-81 enforcement Updated: Apr-13-14 1:22 pm
- Business talk dominates GOP governor debate Updated: Apr-11-14 1:37 am
- Correction: Train Service-Holocaust-Maryland story Updated: Apr-10-14 1:55 pm
- Disability dept. secretary retiring after 7 years Updated: Apr-09-14 5:31 pm
- Candidates urged to take stance on cigarette tax Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 pm
- Compromises fail on several high-profile Md. bills Updated: Apr-09-14 2:32 pm
- Md. governor signs bill expanding pre-K program Updated: Apr-08-14 2:28 pm
- Maryland lawmakers pass minimum wage increase Updated: Apr-08-14 12:53 am
- Md. lawmakers approve minimum wage hike Updated: Apr-07-14 12:14 pm
- How Md. senators voted on increasing minimum wage Updated: Apr-05-14 5:55 pm
- Maryland General Assembly passes $38.7B budget Updated: Apr-05-14 1:29 pm
- Md. OKs restrictions on shackling pregnant inmates Updated: Apr-04-14 3:32 pm
- $4.3M pre-K expansion approved in Maryland Updated: Apr-04-14 12:05 pm
- Budget committee agrees to raise film tax credits Updated: Apr-03-14 11:03 pm
- Md. audit released on health exchange problems Updated: Apr-03-14 8:26 pm
- Md. House votes for dog-bite liability measure Updated: Apr-03-14 4:24 pm
- Man sought after officers were hurt arrested Updated: Apr-02-14 9:29 pm
- Md. approves wage bill for school construction Updated: Apr-02-14 7:29 pm
- Bills to address problems with Common Core passed Updated: Apr-02-14 1:35 pm
- Md. General Assembly approves wildland expansion Updated: Apr-01-14 2:05 pm
BALTIMORE - State Attorney General Doug Gansler wants Maryland's government to take the initiative on building high-speed rail from Baltimore to Washington.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A cybersecurity startup company has moved to Frederick, Maryland, from West Virginia.
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - Though all 23 Maryland counties started by being run by county commissioners, more and more counties have switched to a charter form of government in search for greater control over local issues.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In a plan approved by the legislature, full-time minimum-wage workers in Maryland will ultimately make about $875 less annually than they would have under the governor's proposed timetable, an economic analyst said.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A new law that will decriminalize marijuana in October involves some ambiguities that police and prosecutors are just beginning to confront.
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - State police in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are planning to step up enforcement on Interstate 81 following three double-fatality wrecks in the past month.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republicans running for Maryland governor repeatedly compared state government to a business during their fifth debate on Thursday, likening the role they are seeking to that of a corporate executive.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In stories March 10 and April 9 about the French rail company SNCF, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the company acknowledged guilt and paid more than $6 billion in reparations for its role in the Holocaust. The company has expressed regret for its role in deportations, and the reparations were paid by the French government itself, not the government-owned SNCF.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Catherine Raggio, the secretary of Maryland's Department of Disabilities, plans to retire at the end of this month after seven years in the position.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Health advocates are starting a campaign to make each General Assembly candidate take a stance on a proposal to raise the cigarette tax from $2 a pack to $3.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Lawmakers' plans to allow shielding of certain criminal records and reform Maryland's bail system were lost in the shuffle of the legislative session's final days.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Martin O'Malley has signed his first bill of the year, expanding the state's pre-kindergarten program to another 1,600 children from low-income families.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly gave final approval to incremental increases in the state's minimum wage over several years to $10.10 in 2018 and to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana possession, as the final regular legislative session of Gov. Martin O'Malley's tenure ended Monday.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has approved incremental increases to the minimum wage over several years.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Here's how members of the Maryland Senate voted Saturday on increasing the minimum wage. The vote was 34-13 to approve the increase. A majority of 24 was needed.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has given final approval to the state's $38.7 billion budget.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Restrictions on the shackling of pregnant incarcerated women during labor and delivery have been passed by the Maryland General Assembly.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A $4.3 million expansion of pre-kindergarten has been approved by the Maryland General Assembly.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Lawmakers have agreed to pony up extra money next year to keep "House of Cards" filming in Maryland.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland auditors who examined the state's badly flawed health exchange website were given redacted documents to review and produced a report that is limited and provides an incomplete understanding of the development of the site, the state's legislative auditor wrote.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - All Maryland dog owners would be equally liable if their dogs bite someone but also would have a chance to defend themselves in court under a bill approved by the Maryland General Assembly on Thursday.
SALISBURY, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a man sought after three law enforcers were injured during when their cruiser was struck has been arrested in Delaware.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure to expand Maryland's prevailing wage law has been passed by the Maryland General Assembly.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has approved measures to address concerns with the education program known as Common Core.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland will protect nearly 22,000 additional acres of sensitive land under a proposal approved by the Legislature.