- Report: Maryland prison admissions down 19 percent in decade Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's prison admissions fell 19 percent over the last decade, driven by a 43 percent drop in admissions in Baltimore, according to a data analysis presented to a state panel on Wednesday.
- Man indicted for negligent manslaughter in car crash Updated: Jul-28-15 9:04 pm
SNOW HILL, Maryland - A Philadelphia man has been indicted on charges of negligent manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol in a crash that left a woman dead and left him and two children injured.
- Ex-treasurer for nonprofit charged with depleting accounts Updated: Jul-23-15 6:57 pm
EASTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have charged the former treasurer of a Talbot County nonprofit with stealing from the organization.
- Howard enters race for Maryland's 6th Congressional District Updated: Jul-23-15 2:26 pm
LAYTONSVILLE, Maryland - A former Republican candidate for Maryland's state Senate has announced his candidacy for the state's 6th Congressional District.
- Indecent exposure charge dropped against Maryland lawmaker Updated: Jul-21-15 5:14 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - The Montgomery County State's Attorney's office says it has dropped charges of indecent exposure and trespassing against a Maryland lawmaker.
- Maryland transportation chief briefs lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:57 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's transportation secretary says he believes a light rail in the suburbs of Washington will be built to meet more cost-effective stipulations.
- Contractor for Maryland health exchange website to pay $45M Updated: Jul-21-15 4:31 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The main contractor in Maryland's initially flawed health care exchange website has agreed to repay $45 million to avoid legal action over its performance, officials announced Tuesday.
- Maryland police investigate 2-month-old boy's death Updated: Jul-20-15 10:50 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - Maryland State Police are investigating the death of a 2-month-old Carroll County boy.
- Inmate death ruled a homicide; state police have a suspect Updated: Jul-17-15 5:25 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Maryland State Police say the death of an inmate in a Cumberland prison has been ruled a homicide.
- Lawmakers concerned about Greenbelt veterans clinic closure Updated: Jul-10-15 12:08 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers are calling the closure of a Greenbelt outpatient clinic in September without a replacement plan "a step in the wrong direction."
- Missouri woman killed in car-truck crash in Garrett County Updated: Jul-09-15 3:36 pm
FRIENDSVILLE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a woman was killed and two men were hurt in a two-vehicle crash in Garrett County.
- Trooper struck while making traffic stop on I-95 Updated: Jul-08-15 9:14 pm
JESSUP, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a trooper was hit while making a traffic stop on Interstate 95 in Jessup.
- State trooper charged with off-duty sex offense Updated: Jul-06-15 8:34 pm
CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Maryland - Prince George's County Police say a state trooper has been charged with forcing a woman to engage in a sex act at gunpoint.