- Holocaust survivor to testify on Md. rail bill Updated: Mar-10-14 3:20 am
- Maryland governor derides tea party, urges unity Updated: Mar-08-14 8:44 pm
- Court won't reconsider bail counsel requirement Updated: Mar-07-14 7:26 pm
- Md. Senate panel makes budget decisions Updated: Mar-07-14 5:25 pm
- Natural Resources confirmation clears Senate Updated: Mar-07-14 2:55 pm
- Here's how Md. House members voted on minimum wage Updated: Mar-07-14 2:51 pm
- Md. House approves minimum wage hike Updated: Mar-07-14 2:01 pm
- Md. House passes needle exchange expansion Updated: Mar-07-14 12:13 pm
- Pa. man settles lawsuit against Md. State Police Updated: Mar-07-14 11:14 am
- Senator: Technology warrants new privacy laws Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Md. revenues $238M less than projected Updated: Mar-06-14 5:58 pm
- Protective order bill clears House unanimously Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- Md. officials cheer funds for light rail projects Updated: Mar-05-14 7:07 pm
- House considers raising estate tax exemption Updated: Mar-05-14 5:44 pm
- Md. Gov. Martin O'Malley to speak in Massachusetts Updated: Mar-05-14 12:53 pm
- Attorneys ask judges to uphold bail hearing ruling Updated: Mar-05-14 11:40 am
- Md. House bill would link gun, criminal registries Updated: Mar-04-14 6:47 pm
- Senate OKs bill to stop transgender discrimination Updated: Mar-04-14 12:13 pm
- Democratic governor candidates outline debates Updated: Mar-03-14 1:39 pm
- Hearing to be held on DNR secretary nominee Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 am
- Nonpublic schools to rally for tax credit Updated: Mar-03-14 2:19 am
- Correction: XGR--Medical Marijuana story Updated: Mar-01-14 4:41 pm
- Md. House passes bill criminalizing 'revenge porn' Updated: Feb-28-14 5:25 pm
- GOP candidates fined for fundraising violation Updated: Feb-28-14 12:28 pm
- Md. Senate set to vote on transgender bill Updated: Feb-28-14 4:49 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure before Maryland lawmakers would require companies involved in transporting victims to concentration camps during World War II to pay reparations in order to bid for public-private partnership projects in the state.
LOS ANGELES - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley introduced himself to California Democrats Saturday with a scathing indictment of the tea party and a call for a stronger middle class to move the country forward.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's highest court will not reconsider its decision that defendants have a constitutional right to legal counsel at their earliest bail hearings.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland senators on a key state spending panel voted Friday to plug a budget hole by using more money initially planned to strengthen the finances of the state pension system.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Joseph Gill's appointment as secretary of the Department of Natural Resources has cleared the Maryland Senate.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Here's how members of the Maryland House of Delegates voted to phase in a minimum wage increase from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 over three years. The vote was 89-46. A vote of 71 was needed.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates voted Friday to phase in an increase in the state's minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 by 2017.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates has passed a measure to allow drug users to get more than one clean needle at one time in Baltimore's needle exchange program.
BEL AIR, Maryland - A Pennsylvania man has agreed to a $10,000 settlement of his lawsuit accusing Maryland State Police officers of roughing him up after he raced past a traffic stop on his motorcycle.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Sen. Christopher Shank says government agencies can learn a great deal about people by just tracking their movements via cellphones and license plates, so Maryland needs stricter protections to keep pace with new surveillance technology.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers will be wrestling with a bigger budget problem than they expected, after officials revised the state's revenues down by about $238 million on Thursday for the current fiscal year and the next.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A bill that would make it easier for abuse victims to obtain protective orders cleared the House of Delegates with a unanimous vote on Thursday.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland officials on Wednesday praised initial federal funding announcements for two light rail projects in the president's budget proposal, saying their inclusion puts the state in a strong position to build the projects in the Washington suburbs and the Baltimore metropolitan area.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Some nonprofit organizations say Maryland's estate tax is driving their wealthy donors out of state during retirement. They support a new bill raising the estate tax exemption to $5.34 million per spouse.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is scheduled to give a keynote address at an awards reception for the Massachusetts Democratic Party in May.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Attorneys for indigent defendants are opposing Attorney General Douglas Gansler's call for Maryland's top court to overturn a landmark decision that says arrestees have a constitutional right to counsel at initial bail hearings.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The House of Delegates is considering a bill that would link Maryland's gun registry to its criminal database.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Senate has passed a bill to prevent discrimination against people who are transgender.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Three Maryland Democratic candidates for governor have announced an update in plans for debates.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A hearing is scheduled on the nomination of a new secretary for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's nonpublic schools are pushing for a business tax credit to encourage investments in schools.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In a story Feb. 28 about medical marijuana legislation in Maryland, The Associated Press incorrectly identified a child who died after his family considered moving from Maryland to Colorado as being named Logan. The child who died was named Gavin.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates on Friday unanimously passed a bill making it a misdemeanor to post so-called "revenge porn" online.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican gubernatorial candidate David Craig and running mate Jeannie Haddaway are facing fines for a fundraising violation.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate is set to vote on a bill to protect transgender people from discrimination in housing, employment and other areas.