- La. lawmakers open hearings on $25B state budget Updated: Mar-11-14 7:53 pm
- Lawmakers question $10M cost in guard murder case Updated: Mar-11-14 7:49 pm
- Notes from the La. Legislature's regular session Updated: Mar-11-14 6:32 pm
- Jindal pushes worker training, as session opens Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 pm
- Analysis: Amendments seek to get around Jindal Updated: Mar-09-14 6:05 pm
- Franklin Parish school bus driver cited for wreck Updated: Mar-07-14 6:27 pm
- Jindal supports proposed abortion restrictions Updated: Mar-07-14 6:09 pm
- AP Interview: Jindal outlines session priorities Updated: Mar-07-14 12:28 pm
- Bills seek to cap payday loan rates in Louisiana Updated: Mar-05-14 5:28 pm
- Legislature doesn't appeal 'fund sweep' ruling Updated: Mar-05-14 2:34 pm
- Retirement debate shifts focus in next session Updated: Mar-05-14 12:34 pm
- Bill would restrict drones on La. private property Updated: Mar-01-14 12:03 pm
- Deadly intersection gets traffic signal Updated: Feb-28-14 8:46 am
- Battle shaping up over 'Big Oil' lawsuit bill Updated: Feb-27-14 5:53 pm
- Bill could bring back Louisiana's electric chair Updated: Feb-26-14 4:05 am
- Lawmakers to consider raising La. minimum wage Updated: Feb-25-14 7:38 pm
- Former congressman gets in attorney general's race Updated: Feb-24-14 7:37 pm
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- La.'s Landrieu looks for independent, GOP support Updated: Feb-23-14 2:51 pm
- 30 arrested in All-Star weekend sex trafficking Updated: Feb-22-14 3:54 pm
- Alabama motorcyclist killed in Louisiana crash Updated: Feb-21-14 6:46 am
- Bill would ban e-cigarette sales to minors in La. Updated: Feb-20-14 4:08 am
- Soldier arrested after troopers find marijuana Updated: Feb-17-14 1:25 pm
- 2nd ruling on DWI checkpoints goes against police Updated: Feb-16-14 11:34 am
- 4 in vehicle die when SUV hits school team bus Updated: Feb-15-14 5:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers who began unraveling the details Tuesday of Gov. Bobby Jindal's $25 billion budget proposal learned they have more shortfalls to address this year before they piece together next year's spending plans.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers reviewing the state budget Tuesday were surprised to learn that Louisiana paid more than $10 million for the trials of five men for the murder of a Louisiana State Penitentiary guard.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal announced his support Tuesday of two bills seeking to crack down on human trafficking with the help of a first-person account from Clemmie Greenlee.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal told lawmakers opening their annual legislative session Monday that Louisiana's biggest challenge was making sure it has enough workers to fill the jobs his administration has helped attract to the state.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers frustrated with the policies of Gov. Bobby Jindal and his allies have turned to the Louisiana Constitution, finding it the only path to bypass the power of a governor and his veto pen.
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - A Franklin Parish school bus driver has been arrested for driving under suspension after crashing her bus into another vehicle.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal is backing new restrictions on abortion providers in Louisiana.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal wants to reshape what students are taught in high school and college to provide a pipeline of workers to fill petrochemical and manufacturing jobs his administration has drawn to Louisiana.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana organizations that represent the elderly, the poor and others on fixed incomes want stiffer regulation of payday lending businesses that offer short-term loans with high interest rates.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Legislature has decided against appealing a judge's ruling that it was improper to use $3.7 million from a probation and parole officers' retirement fund to balance the state budget.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The battles of past legislative sessions tied to Gov. Bobby Jindal's failed push to overhaul the state employee retirement system won't be fought again when the next regular session begins Monday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana should have limits on the use of unmanned aircraft, so people can't spy on their neighbors and government can't snoop in people's backyards without cause, said a state senator proposing restrictions on drones.
LAROSE, Louisiana - A deadly intersection on south Lafourche Parish's back road of La. Highway 3225 is undergoing safety improvements.
NEW ORLEANS - Supporters of a south Louisiana flood control board's lawsuit against scores of oil and gas companies over erosion of coastal wetlands announced plans Thursday to fight legislation they say could undermine not only the lawsuit but the political independence of the board.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - With Louisiana having trouble getting lethal injection drugs, a lawmaker is proposing that the state bring back the electric chair.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Groups that advocate for low-income families are asking Louisiana lawmakers to boost the state's minimum wage, saying too many workers are struggling with poverty in the state.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former Congressman Jeff Landry announced Monday that he's running to be Louisiana's next attorney general, seeking to oust fellow Republican Buddy Caldwell from the job.
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Democrat Mary Landrieu's quest for a fourth Senate term will turn on whether she can attract just enough support from independents and Republicans to win in this increasingly conservative state.
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana state police say an investigation involving local authorities and the FBI resulted in 30 arrests in connection with sex trafficking during the NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans.
MONTGOMERY, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say an Alabama motorcyclist died in a crash in Grant Parish.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Ruston lawmaker wants to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to anyone under 18.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police have arrested a U.S. Army sergeant after they pulled him over near Port Allen for a traffic violation and found 23 pounds of marijuana in a duffel bag.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A state District Court judge has let stand a City Court ruling that the Police Department violated the law when it a police supervisor was present and engaged in activities connected with DWI checkpoints.
CENTREVILLE, Louisiana - Three children and an adult died Saturday when their sports utility vehicle collided head-on with Lafayette Parish school bus in St. Mary Parish.