- GOP backs opponent of Republican incumbent attorney general Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Republican Party of Louisiana is backing former Congressman Jeff Landry for the post of state's attorney general, announcing Tuesday that it was snubbing GOP incumbent Buddy Caldwell.
- Republicans draw in more money for top La. statewide races Updated: Jul-27-15 8:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republicans are outraising Democrats in Louisiana's top two races on the Oct. 24 ballot, for governor and lieutenant governor - and pouring more of their own money into their competitions as well, according to the latest campaign reports.
- Man dead after shooting involving police officers in Houma Updated: Jul-27-15 6:01 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - State police say a man has been killed in Houma in a shooting involving officers from three law enforcement agencies.
- Dardenne to Jindal: End state spending on campaign travel Updated: Jul-23-15 7:04 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne, a Republican running for governor, wants taxpayers to stop footing the bill for Gov. Bobby Jindal's presidential campaign travel.
- 3 jockeys accused of fixing races at Evangeline Downs Updated: Jul-23-15 3:11 pm
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say three jockeys have been arrested for an alleged race-fixing scheme at Evangeline Downs.
- New Orleans police chief details plan to curb violent crime Updated: Jul-21-15 6:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More overtime for police and more collaborative efforts with federal law enforcement agencies are among the steps New Orleans police chief Michael Harrison said are being taken to crack down on violent crime in the city.
- State troopers get hefty back-to-back pay raises in 6 months Updated: Jul-17-15 6:34 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Six months after receiving a sizable raise from lawmakers, Louisiana's state police got a second salary boost this month that, when combined, increased a trooper's pay by 30 percent on average despite continued state budget difficulties.
- Senate cancels session to consider overriding Jindal vetoes Updated: Jul-17-15 12:07 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers won't be returning to Baton Rouge this month to consider overriding Gov. Bobby Jindal's vetoes of bills passed in the last legislative session.
- Police: Motorcyclist dies in crash in East Feliciana Parish Updated: Jul-13-15 6:59 am
JACKSON, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police are investigating a motorcycle crash that killed a man in East Feliciana Parish.
- 2 Youngsville residents die in separate crashes Updated: Jul-09-15 10:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say two Youngsville residents died in separate crashes, just hours apart.
- SC high court further reduces penalty in drug marketing case Updated: Jul-08-15 11:57 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's highest court has further reduced the penalty against a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary accused of deceptive drug marketing.
- Court: Redo judge selection for Sharper co-defendants Updated: Jul-07-15 9:14 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Louisiana appeals court has ordered New Orleans' criminal court to redo the judge selection for two New Orleans co-defendants of former football player Darren Sharper who have been charged with rape.
- Virginia Shehee, ex-state senator from Shreveport, dies Updated: Jul-07-15 8:01 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport businesswoman and philanthropist Virginia Kilpatrick Shehee, who was also a former state senator, has died after a long illness.
- La. Supreme Court dismisses same-sex marriage appeal as moot Updated: Jul-07-15 6:41 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed as moot an appeal of a state judge's ruling declaring the state's same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional - but it wasn't a unanimous decision.
- California woman killed in two-vehicle crash Updated: Jul-03-15 5:39 pm
TALLULAH, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a 26-year-old Long Beach, California, woman was killed Friday when her car collided with an 18-wheeler on Interstate 20 in Madison Parish.
- Houma man killed in Terrebonne Parish crash Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
THERIOT, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a Houma man was killed in a one-vehicle accident in Terrebonne Parish.
- Kenner woman dies in Interstate 10 accident Updated: Jul-03-15 5:19 pm
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a Kenner woman has died in a two-vehicle accident on Interstate in West Baton Rouge Parish.
- Court: 2012 law affecting tenured teachers constitutional Updated: Jul-03-15 10:47 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has reversed a lower court decision that found unconstitutional a 2012 law that gave state school superintendents wide discretion in firing tenured teachers.
- Supreme Court disbars St Tammany lawyer Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana Supreme Court has disbarred Nanine McCool, a St. Tammany Parish lawyer who unsuccessfully ran for a judge's seat last year.
- 4 men serving life sentences win new trial Updated: Jul-02-15 4:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The convictions of four men accused of raping a 15-year-old girl during a party in 2008 at a Madisonville home have been overturned by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Louisiana's littering fines to rise, under newly-signed bill Updated: Jul-02-15 4:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's littering fines are doubling.