- Supreme Court rules in gun amendment case Updated: Dec-12-13 8:55 am
- Landrieu running her first Senate race campaign ad Updated: Dec-11-13 3:59 pm
- La. motorist assistance patrol picks up sponsor Updated: Dec-11-13 4:08 am
- GSU: School won't lose access to financial aid Updated: Dec-10-13 6:38 pm
- Mississippi man dies in Louisiana car wreck Updated: Dec-08-13 11:14 am
- Pineville man dies in crash Updated: Dec-07-13 2:08 pm
- Texan killed in La. traffic accident Updated: Dec-05-13 11:56 am
- Houma airport must stick with separate contracts Updated: Dec-05-13 9:40 am
- Vitter to decide on governor's race by January Updated: Dec-03-13 4:43 pm
- Child dies in 2 vehicle crash in Washington Parish Updated: Dec-03-13 11:45 am
- State police to hold strong to 'no refusal' policy Updated: Nov-28-13 3:35 pm
- 1 arrested, search continues for second suspect Updated: Nov-27-13 7:46 pm
- Miss. Man dies in single vehicle crash in La. Updated: Nov-26-13 12:19 pm
- New state troopers to begin training in January Updated: Nov-26-13 12:16 pm
- Jindal plays up state-level GOP in Ind. speech Updated: Nov-26-13 5:43 am
- Replacement of Sabine River bridge starts in Jan. Updated: Nov-25-13 9:37 am
- Louisiana lawmakers seek relief on flood premiums Updated: Nov-20-13 4:10 am
- No money set aside for military propellant removal Updated: Nov-19-13 5:24 pm
- La. education leader loses bid for Florida job Updated: Nov-13-13 1:10 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana Supreme Court has punted on its first chance to decide whether a new state constitutional provision declaring gun possession a fundamental right could void a long list of criminal statutes that regulate firearms.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu's campaign launched its first TV ad of the election cycle Wednesday, touting the Democratic senator's push to keep people from losing insurance policies because of the federal health care overhaul.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State Farm Insurance Company is going to pay a portion of the state transportation department's costs for its roadside assistance program.
GRAMBLING, Louisiana - Grambling State University will continue to have access to federal financial aid programs and is working to fix oversight issues cited this week by the state Legislative Auditor, a school official said Tuesday.
DARROW, Louisiana - Authorities say a Mississippi man has died from injuries sustained in a one-car accident in Louisiana's Ascension Parish.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police have identified the driver of a pickup truck who apparently lost control, crashed and died Friday night.
CONVERSE, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a 29-year-old Texas man driving an 18-wheeler in Sabine Parish was killed when he was ejected during a crash.
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana attorney general told the Houma-Terrebonne Airport Authority that it is not allowed to use a single contractor to design and build new projects at the airport.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After months of dodging the talk, Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter said Tuesday that he is considering a run for governor in 2015 and plans to decide by next month.
VARNADO, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a 4-year-old child died in a head-on collision on La. Highway 21 in Washington Parish.
NEW ORLEANS - This holiday weekend, there will be an increased police presence on the roads, and state troopers say they'll abide by a "no refusal" policy that takes DWI enforcement to a whole new level.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A man suspected of promoting child sex-trafficking has surrendered to Louisiana State Police.
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a 51-year-old Mississippi died in a single-vehicle accident on La. Highway 31 north of St. Martinville.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After years of shrinking trooper ranks, Louisiana is planning to train a new class of state police officers early next year.
INDIANAPOLIS - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (JIN'-dul) is saying people should look to Statehouse Republicans for answers.
LOGANSPORT, Louisiana - A project two decades in the making will mark its next milestone when construction begins in January on new U.S. Highway 84 bridges over Sabine River.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Three Louisiana lawmakers are traveling to Nashville this week to talk about the impact of rate hikes in the federal flood insurance program on homeowners and businesses.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana officials haven't found a way to pay for the disposal of millions of pounds of military propellant that authorities said had been improperly stored at Camp Minden, a year after its discovery prompted the evacuation of a nearby town.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana Commissioner of Higher Education Jim Purcell has been passed over for a job leading Florida's state university system.