- Lawmakers announce tentative deal on education Updated: Apr-24-14 2:13 am
- Capital budget 1 of last big pieces pending Updated: Apr-22-14 5:44 pm
- Crime bill moves to governor Updated: Apr-22-14 2:55 pm
- Tardy lawmakers push Alaska legal pot vote to fall Updated: Apr-21-14 7:53 pm
- Election officials confirm initiatives bumped back Updated: Apr-21-14 6:00 pm
- Lawmakers plan to power through on education Updated: Apr-21-14 6:37 am
- Legislature approves advancing gas line project Updated: Apr-21-14 2:43 am
- Senate passes new approach to pension obligation Updated: Apr-19-14 7:56 pm
- Senate Finance unveils education bill rewrite Updated: Apr-19-14 12:16 am
- Bill designates house for lieutenant gov lodging Updated: Apr-18-14 4:35 pm
- Lawmakers OK bill loosening rules for distilleries Updated: Apr-18-14 12:44 pm
- Sullivan brings in $1.4M in first quarter Updated: Apr-17-14 10:42 pm
- House passes bill calling for study on tax credits Updated: Apr-17-14 10:03 pm
- Legislature confirms governor's appointments Updated: Apr-17-14 5:28 pm
- Legislature confirms 4 state commissioners Updated: Apr-17-14 3:54 pm
- Major pieces in play with session nearing end Updated: Apr-17-14 3:10 pm
- House passes bill honoring 20 Native languages Updated: Apr-17-14 1:19 pm
- Miller plans campaign kickoff Updated: Apr-17-14 7:08 am
- Gov handles range of questions in online town hall Updated: Apr-17-14 12:43 am
- Refiner credit bill expanded to fertilizer plant Updated: Apr-16-14 2:32 pm
- Sponsor pulls bill allowing guns on UA campuses Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Parnell holding virtual town hall Updated: Apr-16-14 7:04 am
- Hughes apologizes for news release headline Updated: Apr-15-14 5:23 pm
- Huggins: Late Saturday target to finish work Updated: Apr-15-14 3:44 pm
- Young rival Dunbar raises nearly $17K in quarter Updated: Apr-14-14 5:37 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Lawmakers late Wednesday announced a tentative deal on an education package, the issue that sent them into an extended legislative session.
JUNEAU, Alaska - One of the last big pieces to be resolved before lawmakers wrap up their work is the capital budget.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has passed a sweeping crime bill.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A ballot measure that could make Alaska the third state to legalize the recreational use of marijuana is getting pushed back to the November ballot because lawmakers couldn't end their session on time.
JUNEAU, Alaska - It's official: the three initiatives that had been slated to appear on this year's primary ballot have been bumped to November after lawmakers went into extended session Monday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - After blowing past midnight on what was supposed to be the last day of session, Alaska lawmakers planned to plow on with their work on Monday in a bid to resolve their differences on education.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has passed a bill setting the state's participation in a major liquefied natural gas project.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Senate unanimously passed legislation setting out a new approach for addressing the state's pension obligation Saturday, less than three hours after the plan emerged from the Senate Finance Committee.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Finance Committee proposed an overhaul to a broad-ranging education bill Friday, opting to provide additional money to districts outside the per-pupil funding formula. Critics called the approach disappointing.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Senate passed a bill Friday that would designate an historic house in downtown Juneau as the official residence of the state's lieutenant governor.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The five craft distilleries in Alaska can start promoting themselves as tourism destinations after legislative action this week.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Dan Sullivan raised more money during the first quarter than he previously reported.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House has passed legislation aimed at getting a better handle on how certain tax credit programs are working.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has confirmed Gov. Sean Parnell's appointees to Alaska boards and commissions, including two controversial picks.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has confirmed Gov. Sean Parnell's picks to lead the departments of Natural Resources, Revenue, Public Safety and Administration.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The 90-day legislative session is scheduled to end Sunday. And while legislative leaders have hoped to finish their work early given that Sunday is Easter, a lot of major pieces remain in play.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House has passed a bill that would symbolically recognize 20 Alaska Native languages as official languages of the state.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Joe Miller is holding a campaign kickoff event Monday in Wasilla.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell said repealing the state's oil tax system would "kill" oil production.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would offer tax credits to help in-state refiners has been expanded to include the now-shuttered Agrium Inc. plant in Nikiski.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would allow people to carry concealed handguns on University of Alaska campuses has been pulled.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell is hosting an online town hall Wednesday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska House members apologize for a news release on a breastfeeding initiative that had the words "smart and sexy" in the headline.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Senate President Charlie Huggins says lawmakers are aiming to complete their work by Saturday night.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Democratic U.S. House hopeful Forrest Dunbar has reported raising nearly $17,000 during the first quarter of this year.