- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
- China sends navy hospital ship to Philippines Updated: Nov-21-13 5:37 am
- US panel: China navy power growing in the Pacific Updated: Nov-20-13 12:55 pm
- China, US armies to begin joint disaster exercise Updated: Nov-11-13 4:22 pm
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.
ZHOUSHAN, China - Military flags fluttered in the wind aboard China's navy hospital ship Peace Ark as it began a goodwill mission to the Philippines on Thursday, nearly two weeks after the Southeast Asian country was struck by a devastating typhoon that killed more than 4,000 people.
WASHINGTON - A congressional advisory panel sounded a warning Wednesday about China's military buildup, predicting Beijing could possess the largest fleet of modern submarine and combatant ships in the western Pacific by 2020.
HONOLULU - Army officials from China and the United States are meeting in Hawaii for an annual disaster relief exercise that will include field training for the first time this year.