- SC bill allows cannabis oil for epilepsy treatment Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Senate takes up bill opposing federal health law Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- SC Legislature approves bill forgiving snow days Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 pm
- Fire alarm interrupts SC legislative session Updated: Mar-05-14 2:52 pm
- SC bill allows digital proof of vehicle insurance Updated: Mar-03-14 3:47 pm
- Compromise that keeps Common Core in SC advances Updated: Feb-26-14 5:37 pm
- Senators weighing changes to SC investment board Updated: Feb-25-14 8:17 pm
- Bill banning abortion at 20 weeks heads to House Updated: Feb-25-14 5:57 pm
- 65 gun permits revoked due to reporting law Updated: Feb-21-14 7:01 pm
- Ways and Means advances its SC spending plan Updated: Feb-20-14 1:26 pm
- SC State needs $13M to pay bills through June Updated: Feb-19-14 9:47 pm
- SC lawmakers vote to punish colleges' book choices Updated: Feb-19-14 8:31 pm
- SC senators shoot down open carry bill for guns Updated: Feb-18-14 7:58 pm
- Haley signs concealed carry in restaurants bill Updated: Feb-11-14 1:24 pm
- Bill would merge College of Charleston, MUSC Updated: Feb-06-14 7:31 pm
- SC House taking break from chambers next week Updated: Feb-06-14 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People suffering from severe epilepsy could legally use oil derived from marijuana under a bill advanced Thursday in the South Carolina House.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Senators took up legislation Wednesday that aims to slow implementation of the federal health care overhaul in South Carolina, but even its Republican backers acknowledge it makes no attempt to nullify the law as many people believe.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislation allowing South Carolina school boards to forgive up to five days of classes missed during recent snow and ice storms is heading to Gov. Nikki Haley's desk.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A fire alarm caused legislators and others to briefly leave the South Carolina Statehouse, but authorities say it was a false alarm and there never was any emergency.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill on Gov. Nikki Haley's desk would allow South Carolina drivers to use their smartphone in a traffic stop to prove they have vehicle insurance.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina schools would continue to implement Common Core education standards in math and reading, at least for a few years, under a compromise advancing in the Senate.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The chief operating officer of the agency that invests South Carolina's pension portfolio asked legislators Tuesday to somehow end hostilities between the agency and state Treasurer Curtis Loftis that are harming the fund.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill banning abortion in South Carolina beyond 19 weeks of pregnancy advanced Tuesday to the House floor, with supporters hoping it eventually heads to a courtroom.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A new law meant to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill has so far stopped 55 attempted handgun sales and caused 65 concealed weapon permits to be revoked, the chief of the State Law Enforcement Division said Friday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The House budget-writing committee on Thursday advanced a $7 billion spending plan for state taxes that provides more money for public schools, hires more law enforcement officers and pays for the next round of cybersecurity measures.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The chairman of the House budget-writing committee said Wednesday that the state will address South Carolina State University's $13 million cash flow problem.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina legislators want to punish two public colleges for assigning books on homosexuality to freshmen.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Senators have shot down a bill allowing people to carry guns in public in South Carolina without a permit.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has signed a bill allowing people with concealed-weapon permits to bring their guns into restaurants and bars in South Carolina, if the businesses do not prohibit it.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Charleston-area lawmakers introduced a bill Thursday to merge the College of Charleston and the Medical University of South Carolina.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House is not meeting in chambers next week, but some legislative meetings will continue.