- Surging Arkansas looks to end Pinkel's Missouri career Updated: Nov-26-15 2:09 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Brandon Allen and the rest of Arkansas' fifth-year seniors have experienced nearly every high and low imaginable, from an 11-win season in 2011 to the bottom of the Southeastern Conference following Bobby Petrino's firing.
- Tennessee defense beating up on weak offenses late in season Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A weak late-season schedule has given Tennessee's defense an opportunity to flex its muscles.
- A boycott's birth: How the Missouri race protests began Updated: Nov-22-15 10:36 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - On the day he met with black players for the University of Missouri's football team, graduate student Jonathan Butler hadn't eaten for six days.
- Pinkel carried off field after Missouri's loses home finale Updated: Nov-22-15 12:42 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Even in defeat, Gary Pinkel made a triumphant exit.
- Tennessee beats Missouri 19-8, spoils Pinkel home finale Updated: Nov-22-15 12:40 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Tennessee ignored the pre-game hoopla and the adverse conditions.
- Missouri freshman DT Beckner out for year with knee injury Updated: Nov-20-15 11:40 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri freshman defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. will miss the rest of the season with torn ACL and MCL ligaments to his right knee.
- Missouri AD: Replacing Pinkel about finding the right fit Updated: Nov-18-15 8:31 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri's athletic director wouldn't tip his hand about who might replace retiring football coach Gary Pinkel, but said Houston's Tom Herman, Memphis' Justin Fuente and Tigers defensive coordinator Barry Odom are quality candidates.
- Pinkel's coaching staff may be job hunting after season Updated: Nov-17-15 6:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - Offensive coordinator Josh Henson was blindsided. So were the rest of the Missouri assistant coaches when Gary Pinkel told them he had cancer and was retiring at the end of the season.
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel tearfully talks about leaving Updated: Nov-16-15 5:35 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Stepping off the podium, Gary Pinkel dried his eyes, put on a happy face and let his wife do the talking.
- Missouri DT Beckner undergoing MRI for right knee strain Updated: Nov-16-15 5:15 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri freshman defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. will undergo an MRI for a right knee strain that could sideline him the rest of the season.
- After historic week, Missouri walks away with a win Updated: Nov-15-15 3:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - As the final seconds ticked away on one of the most tumultuous weeks in school history, Gary Pinkel stood in the middle of his players Saturday night and did something most unexpected.
- BYU blows lead, loses to emotionally charged Missouri, 20-16 Updated: Nov-15-15 2:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall first heard about the unrest on the Missouri campus last Sunday, and for about a day wondered whether their game at Arrowhead Stadium would even happen.
- Missouri's Gary Pinkel to resign after season due to cancer Updated: Nov-14-15 6:03 am
Missouri's game against BYU will by Gary Pinkel's 189th in 15 seasons as coach of the Tigers. It is safe to say none has ever been played after a more tumultuous and trying week.
- Missouri's Pinkel to resign at end of season, cites health Updated: Nov-14-15 2:51 am
Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel abruptly announced Friday he will resign at the end of the season for health reasons, adding a stunning turn to a week where he kept his team united when players went on strike because of racial tensions on campus.
- Will more college athletes take on the establishment? Updated: Nov-12-15 9:46 am
College athletes have more power than ever before, almost everyone can agree on that. What is up for debate is whether that will lead to overdue change, or whether it will throw programs into turmoil.
- Missouri back to football, but it's not business as usual Updated: Nov-12-15 12:18 am
Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Wednesday he had asked his coaching staff to stay in close touch with the team in a tense week that included a player plan to boycott and the arrest of a student following online threats against black students and faculty.
- Missouri players didn't recognize how much power they had Updated: Nov-10-15 5:33 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri receiver J'Mon Moore decided to visit the protesters who had built a tent city on Carnahan Quad, demanding that the university pay attention to their complaints about racism.
- Column: Missouri stand gives players a taste of their power Updated: Nov-09-15 5:22 pm
Northwestern's football players didn't get their union, and today's major college athletes probably won't ever get their money.
- Missouri football players boycott in protest of president Updated: Nov-08-15 12:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri football players announced Saturday night on Twitter that they will not participate in team activities until the university president is removed from office.
- Prescott throws 4 TD passes, Mississippi State tops Missouri Updated: Nov-06-15 1:25 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - De'Runnya Wilson bided his time. Whenever Missouri went to man-on-man coverage against the Mississippi State wide receiver, he was ready.
- No. 24 Mississippi State faces Missouri after weekend off Updated: Nov-02-15 4:11 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State is rested, riding a three-game winning streak. The Bulldogs are pushing to be a factor in the Southeastern Conference Western Division during the final month of the regular season.
- Missouri QB Maty Mauk suspended for rest of season Updated: Nov-01-15 7:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri suspended junior quarterback Maty Mauk for the rest of the season Sunday for disciplinary reasons, just six days after reinstating him.
- Georgia's latest loss sure to turn up heat on Richt Updated: Oct-31-15 9:28 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Even with a new quarterback, Georgia's offensive woes followed the team to Jacksonville.
- Reports: Missouri reinstates QB Maty Mauk Updated: Oct-27-15 5:27 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri has reinstated quarterback Maty Mauk from a suspension for violation of team rules, according to multiple reports Tuesday.
- Georgia looks to fill-in starter Michel to boost offense Updated: Oct-27-15 4:09 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Quarterback Greyson Lambert's early season magic has faded.