- Press Freedom Day: Journalists keep working despite threats Updated: May-03-16 12:09 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - For Abdiqadir Dulyar, simply reading messages sent to his phone can be chilling.
- Somalia: 11 soldiers killed as extremists retake town Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A Somali military official says fighters from Islamic extremist rebels recaptured a town in southern Somalia, killing at least 11 Somali government soldiers.
- 14,000 people to elect next Somali parliament this year Updated: Apr-19-16 7:32 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Somalia's president said Tuesday a new electoral process for the Horn of Africa nation will be far more democratic this year when an electoral college of thousands elects members of parliament - compared to just 135 elders who selected the current members in 2012.
- Somali leaders give condolences on report of many drowned Updated: Apr-18-16 2:27 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - The leaders of Somalia issued a joint condolence message to the nation Monday over an unconfirmed report that some migrants may have drowned in the Mediterranean Sea on a trip from Libya to Italy.
- Pentagon: Dozen militants killed in US airstrikes in Somalia Updated: Apr-12-16 1:41 pm
WASHINGTON - A Pentagon spokesman says the U.S. conducted airstrikes Monday and Tuesday in Somalia that killed an estimated 12 militants affiliated with the al-Shabab Islamic extremist group.
- Somalia: Man executed for journalists' killings Updated: Apr-11-16 10:12 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A former journalist who joined the Islamic extremist group al-Shabab was executed Monday by firing squad in Somalia's capital for the killings of five Somali journalists.